IF-Mclean

Visa appointment on local holiday

19 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline

Hi,

My interview is sat for November 20 in Senegal. 

November 20 is going to be an holiday. It wasn't known before because the date of the celebration depends on the moon. 

I wonder if the interview will still take place or not.

Do you have the experience of interview during a local holiday?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
1 minute ago, IF-Mclean said:

Hi,

November 20 is going to be an holiday. It wasn't known before because the date of the celebration depends on the moon. 

Embassy Holidays are the legal holydays of the US not the country the embassy is in.

Hi,

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
Just now, Calicolom said:

Embassy Holidays are the legal holydays of the US not the country the embassy is in.

Sometimes they actually do both.. 

4 minutes ago, IF-Mclean said:

Hi,

I think they would have to reschedule the interview with you, and that they would also send you an email. But if you are really that unsure, just give them a call and find out. But I would go with how things were stated in the last email or letter you received from them. 

Timeline
18 minutes ago, AnnaYT said:

Sometimes they actually do both.. 

I think they would have to reschedule the interview with you, and that they would also send you an email. But if you are really that unsure, just give them a call and find out. But I would go with how things were stated in the last email or letter you received from them. 

Thank you. I sent them an email. I hope they will not change the date.

Timeline
20 minutes ago, Calicolom said:

Thank you. I cross my fingers 🤞

Timeline

23 minutes ago, Calicolom said:

I know that the german consulate in frankfurt (where i will have my interview) does both american and german holidays. 

Timeline
25 minutes ago, AnnaYT said:

I know that the german consulate in frankfurt (where i will have my interview) does both american and german holidays. 

That's my understanding too. But few weeks ago they worked during a local holiday. 

Timeline

That's my understanding too. But few weeks ago they worked during a local holiday. 

I know from my experience with them that say contradictory things a lot, so this might just be one of those confusions they put on us. 😂

Timeline
15 minutes ago, AnnaYT said:

I know from my experience with them that say contradictory things a lot, so this might just be one of those confusions they put on us. 😂

Some local holidays depend on the moon. So there is no way to know it in advance. Let's hope that they work.

Edited by IF-Mclean

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

When I google it. It says there is a holiday on the 21st, but you may know better than I do. Well from the evening of the 20th through the evening of the 21st so maybe they will observe on the 21st.

Edited by ThomasNC1988

Timeline
18 minutes ago, ThomasNC1988 said:

When I google it. It says there is a holiday on the 21st, but you may know better than I do. Well from the evening of the 20th through the evening of the 21st so maybe they will observe on the 21st.

You are right on Google it's said from 20th to 21th. But it's here from 19th to 20th. They make it official on Thursday. May be that's why the embassy didn't contact us yes. And on the embassy 's website 20th is holiday. I hope they will note postpone the date for a long wait again. I wish they do it earlier. 

Timeline

I got the response to my question from the application website. When the interview date falls on a lunar calendar holiday,  the embassy can schedule it earlier or ask you to choose another date.

I'm going to wait for their message. 

Thank you for your answers. 

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
2 hours ago, Calicolom said:

In most or all cases, US Embassies and Consulates are closed on BOTH local and US holidays. This is because much of the staff are locals.  If the Consulate is going to be closed, they'll reschedule.  Just re-confirm the date with them.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
31 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

In most or all cases, US Embassies and Consulates are closed on BOTH local and US holidays. This is because much of the staff are locals.  If the Consulate is going to be closed, they'll reschedule.  Just re-confirm the date with them.

Thank you @pushbrk . I guess they will notify me at some point. I'm going to wait. I hope they reschedule me for an early date🤞

Edited by IF-Mclean

Timeline
1 hour ago, IF-Mclean said:

You are right on Google it's said from 20th to 21th. But it's here from 19th to 20th. They maid it official on past Thursday. May be that's why the embassy didn't contact us yes. And on the embassy 's website 20th is holiday. I hope they will note postpone the date for a long wait again. I wish they do it earlier. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.