TenderHearted

This is a sad day, and I need advice and direction....

4 posts in this topic

Timeline

Everyone, (And especially sage members such as Greenbaum), I need your help.

First off, I want to say THANK YOU! Especially to all who have helped me in understanding this process well. I hope in some small way I have helped someone too. What seemed insurmountable at first, the K-1 visa process, became totally within reach, if not being a slight test of patience. But love will motivate people to do things for those they love that require sacrifice and wait. I believe in love, and that will not change! It's worth whatever the cost of time and money, as true love never dies.

I filed the I-129F application for my fiance, even getting past NVC to the Embassy stage, where things are right now. The date on the notice shows that this will expire 11/29/18, which is in about 3 weeks. But, due to unforeseen occurances, we have both decided mutually to end the process of getting this visa, but only for now. Please understand, this is ONLY FOR NOW. We both still love each other very much, but as responsible adults who still love each other, we realize these issues (personal in nature) must be resolved first, and we both are looking forward to reapplying for the K1 visa soon, hopefully within a year. It might take longer, but we hope not. It could be shorter, but we have to be realistic about things too. As soon as we can do so, you can count on the fact that we will reapply, and immediately so.

This is where I need advice, on how to end the process, and honestly I'm so distraught that I can't think well, and the tears just won't stop flowing. It's at the Embassy in Spain now, and with the expiration date soon to come (11/29/18). I need to know how to end the process in such a manner, that reapplying will not be an issue. Extensions are not an option for us, for personal reasons, which we both have agreed to. But, we don't need this to become something that we have to fight with later, when we can reapply, but I don't have the slightest idea of how to go about this.

So, I'm begging for some compassion here, and I'm asking for some guidance with this. I don't need this petition to just go back to USCIS and causing future problems for us, which is what I am afraid of happening if I don't quickly act, and for this to become something that's a huge pain to deal with later, when we can reapply. Is there some way to cleanly end the process (please tell me there is, and how to go about it), seeing as it has made its way as far as to the Embassy, making this particular petition that needs to be ended a non-issue, when we can reapply? Quite likely, when we can reapply, we will file for a CR-1 visa, but that's not been decided yet, and it could again be for the K-1.

Thank you all. An emotionally drained, but yet hopeful Visa Journey'er,

T

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
26 minutes ago, TenderHearted said:

Everyone, (And especially sage members such as Greenbaum), I need your help.

First off, I want to say THANK YOU! Especially to all who have helped me in understanding this process well. I hope in some small way I have helped someone too. What seemed insurmountable at first, the K-1 visa process, became totally within reach, if not being a slight test of patience. But love will motivate people to do things for those they love that require sacrifice and wait. I believe in love, and that will not change! It's worth whatever the cost of time and money, as true love never dies.

I filed the I-129F application for my fiance, even getting past NVC to the Embassy stage, where things are right now. The date on the notice shows that this will expire 11/29/18, which is in about 3 weeks. But, due to unforeseen occurances, we have both decided mutually to end the process of getting this visa, but only for now. Please understand, this is ONLY FOR NOW. We both still love each other very much, but as responsible adults who still love each other, we realize these issues (personal in nature) must be resolved first, and we both are looking forward to reapplying for the K1 visa soon, hopefully within a year. It might take longer, but we hope not. It could be shorter, but we have to be realistic about things too. As soon as we can do so, you can count on the fact that we will reapply, and immediately so.

This is where I need advice, on how to end the process, and honestly I'm so distraught that I can't think well, and the tears just won't stop flowing. It's at the Embassy in Spain now, and with the expiration date soon to come (11/29/18). I need to know how to end the process in such a manner, that reapplying will not be an issue. Extensions are not an option for us, for personal reasons, which we both have agreed to. But, we don't need this to become something that we have to fight with later, when we can reapply, but I don't have the slightest idea of how to go about this.

So, I'm begging for some compassion here, and I'm asking for some guidance with this. I don't need this petition to just go back to USCIS and causing future problems for us, which is what I am afraid of happening if I don't quickly act, and for this to become something that's a huge pain to deal with later, when we can reapply. Is there some way to cleanly end the process (please tell me there is, and how to go about it), seeing as it has made its way as far as to the Embassy, making this particular petition that needs to be ended a non-issue, when we can reapply? Quite likely, when we can reapply, we will file for a CR-1 visa, but that's not been decided yet, and it could again be for the K-1.

Thank you all. An emotionally drained, but yet hopeful Visa Journey'er,

T

Just email embassy and tell them you are petitioner and want to withdraw your petition. It's pretty simple. They may ask why in future filings you withdraw you can tell them if they ask. That's it.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

If you think you just need a few more months you can ask for a extension. It's normally given automatically. You can delay things a little. 

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

you can theoretically drag the process out for almost a year before the beneficiary has to move.

unless the relationship is OVER i wouldnt withdraw.

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.