kccb

Help! Paperwork lost between USCIS and NVC

14 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I need help! 

I am a US citizen living in canada and I petitioned for my Canadian Husband and daughter. I submitted I-130’s nov 3 2017. NOA 2 July 31st 2018. Paperwork was sent to NVC August 8 2018. The NVC has yet to receive the approved petitions. I’ve been in contact with both agencies and they’re putting the fault on the other. I literally have no recourse. NVC tells me USCIS needs to resend paperwork. USCIS says they have NO record of any paperwork after it’s been sent. 

We have our second baby on the way and need the process to finish. This is the most broken and incompetent process there is. My brother faced the same thing when trying to return. He did so successfully but not without serious issues just like mine. BUT my papers are literally lost. I've invested a year and 1000+ dollars into this. USCIS CASHED MY CHECK and yet my papers are lost. This is unacceptable. 

Has as anyone come across this situation before? 

Please. help.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Time to contact a Senator?

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
1 minute ago, kccb said:

Which Senator? The one in the state I plan on moving to? 

Yes.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

• 9 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
On 11/9/2018 at 2:26 PM, kccb said:

I need help! 

I am a US citizen living in canada and I petitioned for my Canadian Husband and daughter. I submitted I-130’s nov 3 2017. NOA 2 July 31st 2018. Paperwork was sent to NVC August 8 2018. The NVC has yet to receive the approved petitions. I’ve been in contact with both agencies and they’re putting the fault on the other. I literally have no recourse. NVC tells me USCIS needs to resend paperwork. USCIS says they have NO record of any paperwork after it’s been sent. 

We have our second baby on the way and need the process to finish. This is the most broken and incompetent process there is. My brother faced the same thing when trying to return. He did so successfully but not without serious issues just like mine. BUT my papers are literally lost. I've invested a year and 1000+ dollars into this. USCIS CASHED MY CHECK and yet my papers are lost. This is unacceptable. 

Has as anyone come across this situation before? 

Please. help.

I am curious, what happened to your case? Do you mind telling us what happened with the situation? Hope it was resolved swiftly.

Spoiler

ἦθος ἀνθρώπῳ δαίμων

When Hubris calls, now you know who answers. 

⚖️ 4️⃣0️⃣ 9️⃣ ⚔️

NOA1 10/05/2018

NOA2 5/17/2019

NVC Received Case : 10/02/2019  ( 139 DAYS 💀 )

NVC Case Number Created: 10/31/2019

NVC fees PAID 11/14/2019

AOS  completed: 11/17/2019

IV  completed: 11/24/2019

DQ:  01/03/2020

Interview Date: 02/25/2020

Issued: 02/27/2020

Visa at Hand: 03/02/2020

Entered the country : 03/19/2020

NOT received GC  💀 120 day period is over -  

USCIS Status stuck at Immigration Fee Received 
First Inquiry by phone: 7/29/2020 —  30 day wait for response. 
Filed for  Change of Address form online : 8/27/20

“Receipt Received” and My “Recent Inquiry“ 9/1/20 — acknowledged the change of address and informed me the card is in production and will be sent in 30 days.
Status changed to “Card is being Produced” : 9/4/20

”Card was Mailed to Me” : 9/11/20

Received PRC on 9/16/20 in new address

End of Chapter

To be Cont’d ...

B0E5D3F3-5AF8-403D-BFFC-B81F425178AF.jpeg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
9 hours ago, lady3jane said:

I am curious, what happened to your case? Do you mind telling us what happened with the situation? Hope it was resolved swiftly.

I contacted a senator in Arizona. They contacted USCIS. USCIS said they mistakenly sent it to the NBC instead of the NVC. My husbands' approved petition took 3 months to get to the NVC and my daughters took 6 months. By that time I had to have my second daughter in Canada. I applied for the I-130 for my second daughter April 2nd 2019. I contacted a Senator again and asked for them to request an expedite for my second daughter on the basis of USCIS error (the first time the Senator's office helped me out, she sent a screenshot of a response from USCIS and they straight out said they made a mistake and sent it to the NBC instead of the NVC). I found out yesterday that the expedite was approved and my second daughter's I-130 is on the way to the NVC.

Once it gets there I'll start the NVC process for my husband and both daughters. Hopefully we will all be in the states by the end of this year or early next!

Hopefully that all makes sense! It's been quite the journey so far

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline
On 8/24/2019 at 4:27 AM, kccb said:

I contacted a senator in Arizona. They contacted USCIS. USCIS said they mistakenly sent it to the NBC instead of the NVC. My husbands' approved petition took 3 months to get to the NVC and my daughters took 6 months. By that time I had to have my second daughter in Canada. I applied for the I-130 for my second daughter April 2nd 2019. I contacted a Senator again and asked for them to request an expedite for my second daughter on the basis of USCIS error (the first time the Senator's office helped me out, she sent a screenshot of a response from USCIS and they straight out said they made a mistake and sent it to the NBC instead of the NVC). I found out yesterday that the expedite was approved and my second daughter's I-130 is on the way to the NVC.

Once it gets there I'll start the NVC process for my husband and both daughters. Hopefully we will all be in the states by the end of this year or early next!

Hopefully that all makes sense! It's been quite the journey so far

I am really sorry to hear  you've been put through all this, especially while expecting a child. And, as a US citizen none the less. It's been 4 months for us now and NY senators' office are slammed with similar requests. I hope we will see some result soon. I hope the rest of the process goes smooth  for your family from here on. 

Edited by lady3jane

Spoiler

ἦθος ἀνθρώπῳ δαίμων

⚖️ 4️⃣0️⃣ 9️⃣ ⚔️

NOA1 10/05/2018

NOA2 5/17/2019

NVC fees PAID 11/14/2019

“Receipt Received” and My “Recent Inquiry“ 9/1/20 — acknowledged the change of address and informed me the card is in production and will be sent in 30 days.

End of Chapter

To be Cont’d ...

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 9/16/2019 at 7:42 AM, lady3jane said:

I am really sorry to hear  you've been put through all this, especially while expecting a child. And, as a US citizen none the less. It's been 4 months for us now and NY senators' office are slammed with similar requests. I hope we will see some result soon. I hope the rest of the process goes smooth  for your family from here on. 

Hi, following this thread. Are you happy to share if there is any update about case? Which service center processed your approval? Thanks.

Timeline
On 10/1/2019 at 1:19 AM, FPope said:

Hi, following this thread. Are you happy to share if there is any update about case? Which service center processed your approval? Thanks.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. It was Texas Processing Center, which approved our I-130 on May 17th, my husband is US citizen and I am a Turkish national, we are due for consular processing. We put numerous inquiries both with NVC and USCIS via email, calls. nothing , then confusing rude responses, then nothing. Put two congressional inquiries, one Ombudsman inquiry. One congressional inquiry received a response from Buffalo Field Office on September 23rd,  saying after thorough review, they approved our case and they *will send it. WILL.   

Believe it or not I called NVC today and they still haven't received it despite the response we got out of our congressional inquiry, in which they reaffirmed our case to be approved and they said they * will send it. 10 days forward, nothing. I am speechless. It's been 138 days since our approval date. It is almost 5 months.

Not an inch forward. 

I wish I could  give better news, but what can I say? These are not very serious people, endowed with the responsibility of and power over very serious issues such as our lives. They took away 4 months from us and still refuse to do anything about it. If someone would tell me that they will fail to move one file from one federal agency to another for 140 days, I would prob laugh. I am certainly not, right now.  They had one job after 7 months of deliberation. Seriously ONE. DAMN.JOB.

Spoiler

ἦθος ἀνθρώπῳ δαίμων

⚖️ 4️⃣0️⃣ 9️⃣ ⚔️

NOA1 10/05/2018

NOA2 5/17/2019

NVC fees PAID 11/14/2019

End of Chapter

To be Cont’d ...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
2 hours ago, lady3jane said:

congressional inquiry received a response from Buffalo Field Office on September 23rd,  saying after thorough review, they approved our case and they *will send it.

Hey there @lady3jane.  So they did finally find your packet ? So happy for you. You don’t seem to happy but completely understandable. 
Now just waiting for it to be sent to the correct location? 

So very sorry.
Happy they have your case but praying they send it soon for you. 
Sarah 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Sarah n Ryan said:

So very sorry.
Happy they have your case but praying they send it soon for you. 

Thank you, Sarah, for your kind words and blessings. ❤️  You have been so supportive. Hope all is well with you and Ryan will be with you so very soon. 

Yes, they finally gave a response to the congressional inquiry, which they are obliged to by the law, they can't ignore, rudely dismiss or  misrepresent  things to the congressman's office like they did to us, and and in general I suppose it's not the worst reply they can come up with, but the end result is still the same. They will still send it, they were supposed to send it give or take 130 days ago. What upsets me the most is the way we were treated as non-persons, and  in the case of that tier-2 officer my husband talked to in particular, how we were  lied to, our case status and inquiry misrepresented,   hiding behind a faceless, anonymous monolith of an opaque agency. And, the time they stole from us, the anxiety they caused,  they lived in our heads rent-free like a malicious tumor, not even a formal, half-### apology and still we have nothing to show for.  At least one good thing  not because but despite them, my husband will make another visit around new year, which is awesome. So take that  and thanks for nothing, USCIS.  Namaste. 🙏

Spoiler

ἦθος ἀνθρώπῳ δαίμων

⚖️ 4️⃣0️⃣ 9️⃣ ⚔️

NOA1 10/05/2018

NOA2 5/17/2019

NVC fees PAID 11/14/2019

End of Chapter

To be Cont’d ...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 hour ago, lady3jane said:

They will still send it, they were supposed to send it give or take 130 days ago.

Completely understand.  We waited over 3 months on ours and had to have intervention as well. 
I guess in hindsight our case was not long overall and Ryan’s interview is Friday. 

Almost to the finish line per say as we are nervous but relieved as well. 
Keep me posted please and I will as well. 
Much Luv to You and Yours 

sarah. 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 10/2/2019 at 11:36 AM, lady3jane said:

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. It was Texas Processing Center, which approved our I-130 on May 17th, my husband is US citizen and I am a Turkish national, we are due for consular processing. We put numerous inquiries both with NVC and USCIS via email, calls. nothing , then confusing rude responses, then nothing. Put two congressional inquiries, one Ombudsman inquiry. One congressional inquiry received a response from Buffalo Field Office on September 23rd,  saying after thorough review, they approved our case and they *will send it. WILL.   

Believe it or not I called NVC today and they still haven't received it despite the response we got out of our congressional inquiry, in which they reaffirmed our case to be approved and they said they * will send it. 10 days forward, nothing. I am speechless. It's been 138 days since our approval date. It is almost 5 months.

Not an inch forward. 

I wish I could  give better news, but what can I say? These are not very serious people, endowed with the responsibility of and power over very serious issues such as our lives. They took away 4 months from us and still refuse to do anything about it. If someone would tell me that they will fail to move one file from one federal agency to another for 140 days, I would prob laugh. I am certainly not, right now.  They had one job after 7 months of deliberation. Seriously ONE. DAMN.JOB.

Wow this is really heartbreaking. I can only hope they get to do the needful asap. I dont know if i should be worried about my spouse petition too. It was approved 8 weeks ago at california service center and up till tonight the nvc hasnt received it. I am hoping the next few weeks will yield something positive. I emailed nvc with a copy of my approval notice. I have come to realise that calling or emailing uscis is totally useless. I feel so helpless and i dont understand why they treat us this way. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.