Srinath06

RFE - IMB - Help Plz

9 posts in this topic

NOA1: April 6th

RFE on website: Nov 2nd, 2018

RFE via mail: International Marriage Broker (IMB)

- "you are required submit a copy of the signed written consent form that the International Marriage broker obtained from the beneficiary authorizing the release of his/her personal contact information to you"

my fiancé met online on shaadi.com, so what do I do? I'm overwhelmed.. plz help. whats my next step.. how do I get the above?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Contact the site you met on; if they deal with a lot of relationships between Americans and non-Americans, they should either be able to provide documentation they aren't an international marriage broker or provide documentation that they've complied with all laws regarding international marriage brokers.

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, Srinath06 said:

NOA1: April 6th

RFE on website: Nov 2nd, 2018

RFE via mail: International Marriage Broker (IMB)

- "you are required submit a copy of the signed written consent form that the International Marriage broker obtained from the beneficiary authorizing the release of his/her personal contact information to you"

my fiancé met online on shaadi.com, so what do I do? I'm overwhelmed.. plz help. whats my next step.. how do I get the above?

The websites t&c says they perform matchmaking services.   This is what constitutes or fits the definition of an imb.  

YMMV

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
59 minutes ago, DaveAndAnastasia said:

Contact the site you met on; if they deal with a lot of relationships between Americans and non-Americans, they should either be able to provide documentation they aren't an international marriage broker or provide documentation that they've complied with all laws regarding international marriage brokers.

"The World's No 1 Indian Matrimonial Website with over 5 million Marriages, Shaadi.com is trusted by over 35 million for Matrimony."

From the companies website, they are an IMB. HOw did you get his o r her personal information ? If the broker gave it to you, you will need letter. 

4 hours ago, jdaveh said:

"The World's No 1 Indian Matrimonial Website with over 5 million Marriages, Shaadi.com is trusted by over 35 million for Matrimony."

From the companies website, they are an IMB. HOw did you get his o r her personal information ? If the broker gave it to you, you will need letter. 

@jdaveh I signed for the free account on shaadi.com, me and fiancé came by our profiles, she sent me interest and later found my number from google search and we continued... etc..

in this case, how should I reply to my RFE

12 hours ago, payxibka said:

The websites t&c says they perform matchmaking services.   This is what constitutes or fits the definition of an imb.  

So, how would I respond to my RFE? they never asked for a consent form from my fiancé when she signed for the free account on the shaadi.com.

I'm now worried on how to respond back. thank you

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I think the biggest thing is whether or not the website sends you personal contact information. My wife and I met on a dating site, when we disclosed this in our "explain how you met"  we said we met on _______ site., after chatting there we decided to share our personal email addresses.  Even though it was not a IMB, we still sent in a printed copy of the terms of service

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.