Jump to content
Valor

Few questions regarding the i751form

13 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi All,

 

We're about to send our ROC in a few days and I just have few questions regarding the i751. Apologize in advance if I'm overthinking.

1) I know we need to sign the form, but does the date of signatures need to be handwritten as well?  Or is it ok I just type the date on computer and print it out?

 

2) I put N/A on all the questions that don't apply to us except three parts: my middle name, the in care of name for mailing and physical address. I don't have a middle name and the other twos don't apply either. I just left those blank. Should I put N/A on those as well?

 

3)We are going to use ACCO fasteners to assemble all the files together as suggested, can we punch two holes in the actual i751 form?

 

Thanks in advance! 


ROC:

11.05.2018..............Mailed out ROC

11.07.2018..............I751 got picked up  

11.13.2018..............Check got cashed 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Valor said:

Hi All,

 

We're about to send our ROC in a few days and I just have few questions regarding the i751. Apologize in advance if I'm overthinking.

1) I know we need to sign the form, but does the date of signatures need to be handwritten as well?  Or is it ok I just type the date on computer and print it out?

 

2) I put N/A on all the questions that don't apply to us except three parts: my middle name, the in care of name for mailing and physical address. I don't have a middle name and the other twos don't apply either. I just left those blank. Should I put N/A on those as well?

 

3)We are going to use ACCO fasteners to assemble all the files together as suggested, can we punch two holes in the actual i751 form?

 

Thanks in advance! 

1) We wrote the dates, signatures and printed names with blue ink pen.

2) Didn't put N/A, just left blank the questions which didn't apply.

3) Used ACCO fasteners but didn't punch holes in original I751. Put it in a clear paper plastic protector.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are always some people who over think the applications but your questions are reasonable. My wife hand wrote the signature and date on her application. I would not risk putting "N/A" on a middle name. Imagine receiving your visa with that printed as your middle name because they didn't understand it. Don't need fasteners or punches or any type of binder or folder. They take what you send them and remove all pages from clips, binders, etc., and then scan them into their system. My wife used a tight USPS envelope to contain her application. With all the bank statements, etc., it came to almost 300 pages so it kind of looked like a solid ream of paper within the envelope.


Marriage: 2014-02-23
CR1 started : 2014-06-06
CR1 completed/POE : 2015-07-13
ROC started : 2017-04-14 - CSC

ROC interview/completed: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque

N400 started: 2018-04-24

N400 interview: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque

Oath ceremony: 2018-09-24 - Santa Fe

 

April 2017 I-751 Filers Spreadsheet

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t335PrkwxPk7sRryv02NH3vrWHy0vlkBxjmPy5VYJO8/edit#gid=0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, John&Maria said:

1) We wrote the dates, signatures and printed names with blue ink pen.

2) Didn't put N/A, just left blank the questions which didn't apply.

3) Used ACCO fasteners but didn't punch holes in original I751. Put it in a clear paper plastic protector.

1

Thanks for your reply! Did you mean you write both signatures and printed names under the signature box?


ROC:

11.05.2018..............Mailed out ROC

11.07.2018..............I751 got picked up  

11.13.2018..............Check got cashed 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Russ&Caro said:

There are always some people who over think the applications but your questions are reasonable. My wife hand wrote the signature and date on her application. I would not risk putting "N/A" on a middle name. Imagine receiving your visa with that printed as your middle name because they didn't understand it. Don't need fasteners or punches or any type of binder or folder. They take what you send them and remove all pages from clips, binders, etc., and then scan them into their system. My wife used a tight USPS envelope to contain her application. With all the bank statements, etc., it came to almost 300 pages so it kind of looked like a solid ream of paper within the envelope.

Many thanks for the information! I will not put N/A there in the middle name. Our application ended up weighing 5 pounds, I tried my best to make it organized. But I guess in this case fasteners could be helpful in keeping all the papers together.


ROC:

11.05.2018..............Mailed out ROC

11.07.2018..............I751 got picked up  

11.13.2018..............Check got cashed 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Valor said:

Thanks for your reply! Did you mean you write both signatures and printed names under the signature box?

You can either hand-write or type the dates.  You can type the printed name.  You can punch holes in the I-751.  We used ACCO fasteners, too.

 

Sukie in NY


Spoiler

 

Spoiler

Our Prior Journey

N-400 Naturalization

18-Feb-2018 - submitted N-400 online, credit card charged

18-Feb-2018 - NOA1

12-Mar-2018 - Biometrics 

18-June-2018 - Notice of interview received

26-July-2018 - Interview  - APPROVED!!!

26-July-2018 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled

17-Aug-2018 - Oath Ceremony

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Note: instructions from uscis.gov say to use blank ink. Dates were typed in our form

 

We put N/A or none where applicable.

I honestly send the whole bundle of paper with rubber bands, with each section kept together with either paper clips or binder clips. I figured to let those guy punch holes where they wanted.

 

 


A Tale of Two Dakotaraguans

K1 Journey - 78 Days

 

Sent I-129F - 11/16/15 [Day 1]
NOA1 - 11/18 (Hard copy: 11/24) [Day 2, Day 8]
NOA2 - 12/18 (Hard copy: 12/26) [Day 32, Day 40]
NVC received file: 1/05/2016 [Day 50]
Obtained NVC invoice number, paid visa fee, filled out DS-160: 1/06 [Day 51]
Fiancé's medical: 1/12 9:00am [Day 57]
Interview: 1/22 9:30am, Approved! [67 days] (F)
Visa status = "AP": 1/25, "Issued":01/27, "In Transit: 2/02"
Visa packet in hand: 2/03 [Day 78]
POE: (Houston) 2/04, North Dakota arrival: 2/05

Married (civil): 2/05/16 (L)

AOS - 55 Days

 

I-485, AP, EAD sent : 3/03/2016 [Day 1]

Delivered: 3/04 [Day 2]

Electronic NOA1: 3/08 [Day 5]

NOA1 Hardcopy: 3/12 [Day 9]

Biometric Notification snail-mail: 3/26 [Day 23]

Biometrics Appt: 4/06 in Fargo, ND [Day 33]

Notification(s): "Your new card is being produced" (Green Card) 4/23 [Day 48]

"Your case was approved" (lol backwards) 4/26 [Day 51]

"Your card was mailed on 4/27" 4/28 [Day 53]

Green Card in Hand: 4/30 [Day 55]

D-day ("Dress day"/I do...again Day/wedding reception): 9/10/16

ROC

Spoiler

Window opens: 1/24/2018

Package sent: 1/26, Delivered: 1/29 at 11:17am to CSC - [Day 1]

Check cashed: 1/31 [Day 3]

NOA1: 1/29 [Day 1]

NOA snail-mail: 2/02 [Day 4]

Biometrics snail-mail: Sent 5/5, received 5/12 [Day 107]

Biometrics appt: Not required

Email: 5/25 "We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates. We last took action on 3/16" [Day 120]

Email 6/8, 6/22, 7/6, 7/20, 8/3 "Still reviewing your case blah blah" [Day 134, 148, 162, 176]

18 Month extension letter received, dated 8/18: 8/24/18

Citizenship

Spoiler

Window opens: 01/24/2019

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Sukie said:

You can either hand-write or type the dates.  You can type the printed name.  You can punch holes in the I-751.  We used ACCO fasteners, too.

 

 Sukie in NY

Thanks a lot, Sukie. Is it required to have the printed name next to the signature? We only have the signature there.

Edited by Valor

ROC:

11.05.2018..............Mailed out ROC

11.07.2018..............I751 got picked up  

11.13.2018..............Check got cashed 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, YecaCruz said:

Note: instructions from uscis.gov say to use blank ink. Dates were typed in our form

 

We put N/A or none where applicable.

I honestly send the whole bundle of paper with rubber bands, with each section kept together with either paper clips or binder clips. I figured to let those guy punch holes where they wanted.

 

 

Thank you! Yes, we used black ink as well based on the USCIS instructions. 


ROC:

11.05.2018..............Mailed out ROC

11.07.2018..............I751 got picked up  

11.13.2018..............Check got cashed 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We punched the holes with our I-751 submission, and seems like that's what they want:
 https://www.uscis.gov/forms-filing-tips
 

"In preparing your packet, remember:

  • Do not use binders or folders that we cannot easily disassemble.
  • Use fasteners to hold together thick or bulky applications or petitions. Two-hole punching the top of the material for easy placement in the file is appreciated.
  • Sticky tabs assist in locating items listed as attachments. For easy filing, place the tabs on the bottom of the page, not the side.
  • Do not use heavy-duty staples; instead use fasteners or heavy clips.
  • Do not submit originals unless specifically required. 
  • Do not submit oversized documentation unless it is necessary"

 

We also left blank , instead of N/A or NONE,  and  had wet signatures on our I-751. 

 

Good luck with your ROC submission!! 

Edited by Ksenia_O

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Valor said:

Thanks a lot, Sukie. Is it required to have the printed name next to the signature? We only have the signature there.

Only put it where the form asks for it.

 

Sukie in NY


Spoiler

 

Spoiler

Our Prior Journey

N-400 Naturalization

18-Feb-2018 - submitted N-400 online, credit card charged

18-Feb-2018 - NOA1

12-Mar-2018 - Biometrics 

18-June-2018 - Notice of interview received

26-July-2018 - Interview  - APPROVED!!!

26-July-2018 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled

17-Aug-2018 - Oath Ceremony

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you ALL for your replies! One last thing, forgive me if this is a silly question. Do the fasteners have to be ACCO's?  For some reasons, none of my local stores sell those in store. I'm trying to get everything done this weekend. Can I buy fasteners from another brand? Thanks! 


ROC:

11.05.2018..............Mailed out ROC

11.07.2018..............I751 got picked up  

11.13.2018..............Check got cashed 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×