DeclanW

Can I book my interview before attending the medical?

15 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Good Afternoon

Basically I've noticed quite a few people tend to book their interviews for dates shortly after their medicals. 

Well I've tried to see what date I would get if I booked my interview today it's the 21st of November. Nearly 3 weeks in the future.

My medical is on the 15th. Is it alright to book the interview now or do I absolutely need to complete the medical then have a grueling 3 week wait for the interview?

Thanks for your help

Declan 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 minutes ago, DeclanW said:

Good Afternoon

Basically I've noticed quite a few people tend to book their interviews for dates shortly after their medicals. 

Well I've tried to see what date I would get if I booked my interview today it's the 21st of November. Nearly 3 weeks in the future.

My medical is on the 15th. Is it alright to book the interview now or do I absolutely need to complete the medical then have a grueling 3 week wait for the interview?

Thanks for your help

Declan 

Most people book them both at the same time, just give time in between.

Depending on how the medical works there, I suggest giving 5-7 business days between the medical and the interview; but you can book both now.

Worst case, if somethings happens or comes up during the medical to cause a "fail", you reschedule the interview...

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Timeline
22 hours ago, Nicola and Jordan said:

My interview is on the 21st too :)

Good luck, I stress out about things so I'm reading reviews every single day on the US Embassy in London and it seems so simple and easy. Doesn't stop the stressing even though I'm 100% sure I'll be fine. 

35 minutes ago, DeclanW said:

Good luck, I stress out about things so I'm reading reviews every single day on the US Embassy in London and it seems so simple and easy. Doesn't stop the stressing even though I'm 100% sure I'll be fine. 

Same here! I keep reading too just to prepare. I’m confused about the packet 3 and 4. I’ve had lots of emails from embassy and NVC but nothing says p3 officially. People have posted p3 stuff on here but it looks out of date 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Nicola and Jordan said:

Same here! I keep reading too just to prepare. I’m confused about the packet 3 and 4. I’ve had lots of emails from embassy and NVC but nothing says p3 officially. People have posted p3 stuff on here but it looks out of date 

I think Packet 3 is just the letter you get from the Consulate with the case number, I've seen people say that it's needed when you go to the interview. But as far as anything official, I've seen nothing distinctly named Packet 3 besides some older posts where you also needed a letter of readiness and stuff like that. (which you don't anymore)

I say just bring every letter, read checklists and just make sure you have everything your Interview confirmation and everything on https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee-2/required-documents/

1 hour ago, DeclanW said:

I think Packet 3 is just the letter you get from the Consulate with the case number, I've seen people say that it's needed when you go to the interview. But as far as anything official, I've seen nothing distinctly named Packet 3 besides some older posts where you also needed a letter of readiness and stuff like that. (which you don't anymore)

I say just bring every letter, read checklists and just make sure you have everything your Interview confirmation and everything on https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee-2/required-documents/

Thank you! Yes I have printed everything and probably more haha. I have my medical on Wednesday, feeling a little nervous! 

Timeline

6 minutes ago, Nicola and Jordan said:

Thank you! Yes I have printed everything and probably more haha. I have my medical on Wednesday, feeling a little nervous! 

You'll be fine, I guarantee you most people go into the interview completely over prepared and only end up giving over 40% of the stuff they brought. And I've heard all the people and Knightsbridge are very kind and accommodating. Good luck.

17 minutes ago, DeclanW said:

You'll be fine, I guarantee you most people go into the interview completely over prepared and only end up giving over 40% of the stuff they brought. And I've heard all the people and Knightsbridge are very kind and accommodating. Good luck.

Thank you and you!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
4 hours ago, Nicola and Jordan said:

Packet 3 and 4 is some old terminology. The Visa Journey timelines were designed over a decade ago and some of the things are not appropriate for newer methods and online submissions. 

Packet 3 was literally a packet full of paper forms and instructions. You couldn't get started until you got the papers to fill out. The K1 had 4 forms to fill out with a pen. They were completed, signed, and mailed to the embassy (Packet 3 sent).  There was also a paper "checklist" to literally mark with a each document you had in hand... birth certificate...police certificate..I-134...etc and sign and mail. Later that became known as the "readiness list" which simply said you had all documents in hand.

When the embassy had your four K1 application forms, the checklist to indicate your interview documents were in hand, and had received the medical results from the clinic, then they assigned an interview date and mailed it to you. That was"Packet 4".

At the embassy you showed the interview letter outside to get admitted. Inside, you turned in your documents to the first window when called up. She gave you a huge full size x-ray film bigger than the hand luggage they said to carry it in for POE. That person sent you to Window 13 (cashier) to pay for the visa. You returned to document collector with your receipt. Then she sent the file back to an interviewer.  Once the interviewer said "approved", you went to the courier desk in the lobby and filled out a delivery form and paid the courier. The visa and envelope of papers arrived at your home in less than a week. 

3 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

Packet 3 and 4 is some old terminology. The Visa Journey timelines were designed over a decade ago and some of the things are not appropriate for newer methods and online submissions. 

Packet 3 was literally a packet full of paper forms and instructions. You couldn't get started until you got the papers to fill out. The K1 had 4 forms to fill out with a pen. They were completed, signed, and mailed to the embassy (Packet 3 sent).  There was also a paper "checklist" to literally mark with a each document you had in hand... birth certificate...police certificate..I-134...etc and sign and mail. Later that became known as the "readiness list" which simply said you had all documents in hand.

When the embassy had your four K1 application forms, the checklist to indicate your interview documents were in hand, and had received the medical results from the clinic, then they assigned an interview date and mailed it to you. That was"Packet 4".

At the embassy you showed the interview letter outside to get admitted. Inside, you turned in your documents to the first window when called up. She gave you a huge full size x-ray film bigger than the hand luggage they said to carry it in for POE. That person sent you to Window 13 (cashier) to pay for the visa. You returned to document collector with your receipt. Then she sent the file back to an interviewer.  Once the interviewer said "approved", you went to the courier desk in the lobby and filled out a delivery form and paid the courier. The visa and envelope of papers arrived at your home in less than a week. 

This is a great post thank you! Really interesting too! People post really old links around with out of date information which is confusing! I feel a lot more prepared now thank you again 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
4 hours ago, Nicola and Jordan said:

This is a great post thank you! Really interesting too! People post really old links around with out of date information which is confusing! I feel a lot more prepared now thank you again 

OLD: Packet 3. Paper forms and pages of instruction and "Checklist" 

CURRENT: Letter of instruction saying use the website. A copy of your petition.

OLD: Visa application. DS-156,  DS-156K, DS-157, DS-230 Part I. Mailed to embassy. (Send P3)

NEWER: DS-160 online.  Readiness form online. Maybe just a London thing (Checklist/Readiness)

CURRENT: DS-160 submitted online

OLD: Packet 4. Letter from embassy telling you the interview date they assigned.

CURRENT: No letter.. Book your own date. Print the confirmation.

(They have always let people in, even without the interview letter or confirmation. They have a list.).

OLD: Visa payment in the lobby on Interview day. Courier arrangements in lobby.

NEWER: Call a phone number and pay over phone. Courier arrangements in lobby.

CURRENT: Pay all of that online.

OLD and CURRENT:

Same documents...birth certificate, police certificate, etc

First window: A document collector, not an interview, nor an "officer". Clerical.

Second window: The interview with an American immigration officer.

Interview: Very easy, friendly chat. He/she does not want to see your chats, photo albums, Facebook status, engagement ring, etc.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.