1,969 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, minilulu said:

Dear all, I have a question for i-797c notice. So, I received the text message says uscis received my application on 11/16 and I-797c will follow up. Then, I checked online status on 11/21, the status says Nebraska Center is processing it and the I-797c has been mailed to me. However, it has been over 1 week and I still haven’t received the receipt. Is that normal? What should I do? Thanks! 

Im in the same situation too. Mailed my package on Nov 5, got a text on 11/16 that my appplication got received. It's at the Nebraska Center too and we're still waiting for the paper notice. I think we just have to be patient 

ROC JOURNEY

11/05/2018: ROC package sent

11/06/2018: Package delivered at P.O. Box, AZ

11/13/2018: Check got cash and text with receipt # (heading to Nebraska)

12/11/2018: NOA1 received in the mail

07/12/2019: Biometrics letter received - Asking to reschedule

08/20/2019: Biometrics appointment

10/04/2019: Green card approval

AOS JOURNEY

08/18/2016: AOS sent

08/31/2016: NOA email received

09/07/2016: Hard copies NOA received

09/09/2016: Online tracking finally worked

09/12/2016: Status update- Fingerprint fees was received

09/16/2016: Biometrics letter received - Appointment Sept 28

09/28/2016: Biometrics done

09/29/2016: RFE received in the mail

10/17/2016: RFE sent

10/20/2016: RFE received by USCIS

11/17/2016: Request sent via USCIS website

11/23/2016: EAD card is being produced

12/01/2016: EAD card received (combo card)

01/31/2017: Case was approved

Biometrics received, no NOA yet

Dear All, I just received my biometrics notice, but no NOA received in the mail yet. I have scheduled an info pass at USCIS field office in NY as offices in NJ are not taking any info pass appointments. I will try to get my passport stamped there. I have one question: my appointment is at an application support center. Can I still try to get my passport stamped there, or does it have to be a USCIS field office?

My timeline now looks as below. I hope this is helpful, and good luck to everyone.

10/31/18 - Application Field to Texas lockbox

11/02/18 - Application Received 

11/06/18 - Email notification that NOA mailed out, Vermont is working on my petition

12/01/18 - Biometric appointment letter received 

Edited by MD1

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Since this government is in power everything has been a disaster. My AOS came through in 6 months time from date of application. Everything went smoothly 2 years ago....compared to now!

16 minutes ago, MD1 said:

Biometrics received, no NOA yet

Dear All, I just received my biometrics notice, but no NOA received in the mail yet. I have scheduled an info pass at USCIS field office in NY as offices in NJ are not taking any info pass appointments. I will try to get my passport stamped there. I have one question: my appointment is at an application support center. Can I still try to get my passport stamped there, or does it have to be a USCIS field office?

My timeline now looks as below. I hope this is helpful, and good luck to everyone.

10/31/18 - Application Field to Texas lockbox

11/02/18 - Application Received 

11/06/18 - Email notification that NOA mailed out, Vermont is working on my petition

12/01/18 - Biometric appointment letter received 

Im in the same boat as you. I received my biometric appointment without the NOA. I thought we would get a NOA first then biometric appointment notice based on previous posters 

Timeline is similar 

Mailed 11/01

Received 11/05

Biometric letter 12/01

5 minutes ago, NNY123 said:

Im in the same boat as you. I received my biometric appointment without the NOA. I thought we would get a NOA first then biometric appointment notice based on previous posters 

Timeline is similar 

Mailed 11/01

Received 11/05

Biometric letter 12/01

I know at least one other person (trackitt) is also in the same situation. That was also my understanding too. This whole process is ridiculous, but I am at least happy that I got something from USCIS finally. I hope this will give me some leverage to get my passport stamp during info pass as I need to travel early Jan. Good luck.

Hi all,

I'm new to this community and I was wondering if I can find some help here.

My Wife's i751 was delivered to Texas lockbox on Nov 16th, our money order was cashed on Nov 23rd. But, I made a blunder and didnt send in a form for text or email notification.

1. When they cash money order or check, does it meant that they have accepted her application for processing?

2. How can I find her receipt number?

Also, it seems like people haven't been receiving NOA1 extension letters, is it true? Her GC is expiring in January and we are very concerned about her employment.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Eddy Haas

Welp. My GC officially expires today and I have yet to receive my extension letter. By the looks of it, neither has anyone else so I’m not panicking!  But is anyone else’s GC about to expire or has expired and have yet to receive a NOA/extension letter??  

My timeline is as follows:

31 October: Package mailed to TX

01 November: Package received

08 November: Check cashed

01 December: Green card expires

*crickets*

*tumbleweeds*

1 hour ago, Eddy Haas said:

Hi all,

I'm new to this community and I was wondering if I can find some help here.

My Wife's i751 was delivered to Texas lockbox on Nov 16th, our money order was cashed on Nov 23rd. But, I made a blunder and didnt send in a form for text or email notification.

1. When they cash money order or check, does it meant that they have accepted her application for processing?

2. How can I find her receipt number?

Also, it seems like people haven't been receiving NOA1 extension letters, is it true? Her GC is expiring in January and we are very concerned about her employment.

Thanks in advance!

I am also new, but when they accept your money order, it means that accepted the application for processing. You can see the receipt number in the cashed check, but I am not sure how it works with the money order. I hope this helps somewhat.

1 minute ago, MD1 said:

I am also new, but when they accept your money order, it means that accepted the application for processing. You can see the receipt number in the cashed check, but I am not sure how it works with the money order. I hope this helps somewhat.

Thabk you for your response. If they have accepted it then that is a good news. As per USCIS website I'll wait for 10 business days before I give them a call.

I hope someone else can help me find a way to get recipt number.

6 hours ago, NNY123 said:

Timeline is similar 

Mailed 11/01

Received 11/05

Biometric letter 12/01

@NNY123, what is your service center? Is it Texas or Vermont? I have a similar timeline, but no letters at all

01-16-2016: AOS package sent

01-09-2017: AOS (I-130 and I-485) granted

10-31-2018: I-751 filed

01-25-2019 NOA received (Extension letter, Biometrics waiver letter)

10-19-2019 Biometrics letter received

10-30-2019 Biometrics to be completed

Forgot to include g1145 in the packet and it got delivered yesterday. Anyway i could ask for a notifications now? Or wait until they cash the check?

Edited by d23

20 hours ago, d23 said:

Forgot to include g1145 in the packet and it got delivered yesterday. Anyway i could ask for a notifications now? Or wait until they cash the check?

Once you receive your receipt number, you can sign up for alerts using uscis website but unfortunately it is not possible before that. You and I are in the same boat pal. 

22 hours ago, d23 said:

If you forgot to include a g1145 in your package, monitor for the check to be cashed, then call uscis to get your case number over the phone. If the 1st representative can't help you,  ask to be transferred to a tier 2.

On 11/30/2018 at 3:24 PM, Malauriea said:

You could save money on the lawyer and do this application yourself. It's the easiest application among other immigration applications. Unless if you have the worst case scenario ever...

Did your lawyer add the text notification form to receive a text from uscis? Did they cash your checks or your card? If yes, your application was accepted!  Otherwise, your application is returned to you for missing information or something else. You should check with your lawyer. 

mine is unfortunately a divorced case. I did not want to risk and preferred to do it with a lawyer. i sent money order, did not send check.

Do you think it matters if your case is joint or divorced for the processing time?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.