EandH0904

Can't get Case Complete

19 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

My case is currently at NVC. All my documents have been "Accepted" since October 5th but I have yet to receive a Case Complete notice. 

Next to one of my extra, non-required documents, there's a note that says "We are unable to this document. Please delete and re-upload in the correct section" 

I can't delete the document as it has been accepted. This document I included is my marriage certificate from my first marriage so they would be able to see how I went from AAAA (birth name) to BBBB (name on divorce decree) to CCCC (the name I currently use). My marriage license to my current husband only used AAAA so I  was just trying to show the progression of names. I clearly labeled it has my PRIOR marriage certificate to correspond with the name on my divorce decree. I uploaded it to the OTHER section as I didn't want to put it under marriage certificate as it isnt my current marriage certificate. 

If they do not want/need this, they could simply discard it. I was trying to be thorough but I think I messed things up. 

Everytime I call asking why my case has not been closed yet, if all my documents have been accepted, I get the same, "a supervisor is reviewing it" . I've asked to speak to a supervisor and I'm told I cannot.  I've also tried emailing without resolution.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how I could speak to a supervisor or get this resolved to get my case complete? 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

is the 'C' name a legal name change?

i included my birth certificate (maiden) and previous marriage certificate (for my current legal last name). I GO by my maiden name for all intents and purposes but obviously have to use my legal name on, well, legal stuff. lol

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
3 hours ago, EandH0904 said:

Yes. I legally changed my name with social security and on my passport, drivers license etc 

how did you change on SS card if you are not in US and case still at NVC stage?

sorry, i am confused by this 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

how did you change on SS card if you are not in US and case still at NVC stage?

sorry, i am confused by this 

I'm a US citizen....I'm trying to get my husband here. 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, EandH0904 said:

I'm a US citizen....I'm trying to get my husband here. 

ok  

now can maybe help you

the case was sent to NVC just October 3, 2018

not even a  month ago

NVC will issue a CSB2018xxxxxxxxxx new case number

at that time you can start the CEAC process online 

some say to call and get your new case number but some say you can't do anything until  NVC uploaded your case and is ready to bill you the 2 fees and start

so, your divorce degree is not yet in the system

give it about a month and then start calling

this is all assuming you don't yet have the new case # from NVC 

Edited by adil-rafa

Timeline
Just now, adil-rafa said:

ok  

now can maybe help you

the case was sent to NVC just October 3, 2018

not even a  month ago

NVC will issue a CSB2018xxxxxxxxxx new case number

at that time you can start the CEAC process online 

some say to call and get your new case number but some say you can't do anything until  NVC uploaded your case and is ready to bill you the 2 fees and start

so, your divorce degree is not yet in the system

give it about a month and then start calling

You didnt read my question.  

We already have a case number. I've already uploaded everything.  All my documents have been "accepted ". I've paid everything.  It's all been done weeks ago but they haven't completed our case. 

Timeline
40 minutes ago, EandH0904 said:

You didnt read my question.  

We already have a case number. I've already uploaded everything.  All my documents have been "accepted ". I've paid everything.  It's all been done weeks ago but they haven't completed our case. 

sorry looked at your timeline /  didn't show all that

i saw you uploaded but getting stuck like that could have been from not knowing the new case number

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Since you have tried deleting the unneeded document and are unable to.....have you tried calling NVC to see if they will delete it? Or is this where a supervisor is needed?

Timeline
2 minutes ago, janet3 said:

Since you have tried deleting the unneeded document and are unable to.....have you tried calling NVC to see if they will delete it? Or is this where a supervisor is needed?

I'm not unable to delete the extra document as it's already "accepted". When I call NVC - sometimes they tell me a supervisor will need to delete it, other times the person I've spoken to has said it shouldn't matter either way. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 10/21/2018 at 4:32 PM, EandH0904 said:

I'm not unable to delete the extra document as it's already "accepted". When I call NVC - sometimes they tell me a supervisor will need to delete it, other times the person I've spoken to has said it shouldn't matter either way. 

Any updates on this? I am in a similar boat. Just received a "supervisor review" yesterday and I am losing patience. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Vik1992 said:

Any updates on this? I am in a similar boat. Just received a "supervisor review" yesterday and I am losing patience. 

I got mine the next day after complaining a lot on here. So please feel free to use this magical thread to complain and hopefully the NVC Supervisor Fairy will visit you tomorrow 

Timeline
Just now, EandH0904 said:

I got mine the next day after complaining a lot on here. So please feel free to use this magical thread to complain and hopefully the NVC Supervisor Fairy will visit you tomorrow 

Haha, lucky you! How long were you on supervisor review for?

Considering this is a legit government agency, with an abundant amount of funding and access to world-class technology,  you would think they'd have an easier way for the user or a NVC rep to delete a document. It boggles my mind! 

Timeline
34 minutes ago, Vik1992 said:

Haha, lucky you! How long were you on supervisor review for?

Considering this is a legit government agency, with an abundant amount of funding and access to world-class technology,  you would think they'd have an easier way for the user or a NVC rep to delete a document. It boggles my mind! 

17 days. They never did delete it but I got my case complete so 🤷🏻‍♀️

Timeline
1 minute ago, EandH0904 said:

17 days. They never did delete it but I got my case complete so 🤷🏻‍♀️

I am honestly scared. I have heard horror stories once a case goes into supervisor review. I am not sure what to expect. Do you recommend to keep calling NVC and asking for updates or to speak to a supervisor? or should I just take a step back and let things play out? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.