JefLyn4ever

I751 Filing Online

9 posts in this topic

Anyone here who filed Form I-751 online? I will be filing jointly with my wife within the 90 day window prior to the expiration of my conditional residence. What is the procedure? How do you send payment or evidence, is it done online as well? I will also only have 1 year of tax return by that time, is that fine since I arrived on October 19, 2017 and only started working February 2018 and will file July 16, 2019. Thanks in advance for your replies :)

But the federal government says you cannot. 

Right now there are only a handful of forms that can be filed online. These are an I-90, N-400, AR-11, I-131A, N-565, and an N-336.

All other forms are paper filing as of right now. 

https://www.uscis.gov/forms

Edited by Hypnos

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Googled and found websites but not official USCIS or DHS website. It says immigrationdirect.com. Look through the forums. If it could be filed online, I’m sure 90% of us would’ve filed online vs paying postage and waiting for it to go through the mail. 

As for your other questions, you will send the evidence with your package. If you’re filing July 2019, you should have your 2 years of taxes to include 2018. What did your spouse file for 2017? Your spouse still could’ve file married filing jointly even though you weren’t working. At any rate, you can only send what you have🤷🏽‍♀️

Edited by angelbrown

1 hour ago, JefLyn4ever said:

Googled it and found websites that say you can.

image.png

image.png

Wow. Just wow. This ridiculous website claims you can file I-751 online but provides no link to an official USCIS website to do so. That should have been the tip-off. I-751 requires a TON of paperwork. It's way easier to just send physical documents than submit it all online, which is way too vulnerable. There's a reason they don't allow it to be filed online. Plus there is an entire subforum on VJ here dedicated to I-751 and no one ever has talked about filing online.

Edited by mushroomspore

On October 20, 2018 at 2:50 PM, angelbrown said:

Googled and found websites but not official USCIS or DHS website. It says immigrationdirect.com. Look through the forums. If it could be filed online, I’m sure 90% of us would’ve filed online vs paying postage and waiting for it to go through the mail. 

As for your other questions, you will send the evidence with your package. If you’re filing July 2019, you should have your 2 years of taxes to include 2018. What did your spouse file for 2017? Your spouse still could’ve file married filing jointly even though you weren’t working. At any rate, you can only send what you have🤷🏽‍♀️

My wife and I both arrived from the Philippines on October 19, 2017 since she petitioned me through Direct Consular Filing. We came late in the year of 2017 and did not work right away so we didn't file a tax return for 2017.

On October 20, 2018 at 4:11 PM, mushroomspore said:

Wow. Just wow. This ridiculous website claims you can file I-751 online but provides no link to an official USCIS website to do so. That should have been the tip-off. I-751 requires a TON of paperwork. It's way easier to just send physical documents than submit it all online, which is way too vulnerable. There's a reason they don't allow it to be filed online. Plus there is an entire subforum on VJ here dedicated to I-751 and no one ever has talked about filing online.

Yes, that's why I thought it was possible to file online :/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
2 hours ago, JefLyn4ever said:

My wife and I both arrived from the Philippines on October 19, 2017 since she petitioned me through Direct Consular Filing. We came late in the year of 2017 and did not work right away so we didn't file a tax return for 2017.

Ok gotcha. Just submit what you have. And try to gather as much else documentation that you can until your filing. You can also write a letter explaining any lack of documentation as well. 

Edited by angelbrown

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.