naz.Ammad

do not know what to do

11 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

I have been reading about AP for over a month now, but i still need little help.

My husband had his interview 01/04/2018, after the interview he was given a 221g form and asked for more pictures of us and also the conversation proof i.e emails or any text msgs. which he sent them via approved express mail. it has been 10 months and no respond and of course they do not answer  the phones or eamil has an auto responce.

I just do not know what to do and i am really frusrated.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

AP is a black hole for some. Everyone goes through it, some just 2-3 days, some 2-3 weeks, 2-3 months, and even some 1+ years. Was a poster here a few weeks back who had hit the 20 month mark in AP for her husband in Egypt.

AP can be a lot of things and the reasons why it takes some long can vary. Sometimes people have similar names and it triggers an issue in the system during background/security checks. It's hard to say though.

Can try to contact a congress person but they can't really make the embassy make a decision, just maybe prod them a little.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
3 minutes ago, naz.Ammad said:

Hello everyone,

I have been reading about AP for over a month now, but i still need little help.

My husband had his interview 01/04/2018, after the interview he was given a 221g form and asked for more pictures of us and also the conversation proof i.e emails or any text msgs. which he sent them via approved express mail. it has been 10 months and no respond and of course they do not answer  the phones or eamil has an auto responce.

I just do not know what to do and i am really frusrated.

Which embassy? Your marriage is arranged? Any red flag in your case?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

how fast did you respond to the embassy?

if you wait to long, the case may have been returned to the US  

most embassies don't like to keep the packet long

i hope you have a record of all you sent so it can be submitted here if necessary in case it was returned to USCIS

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 minute ago, naz.Ammad said:

Islamabad, it is arranged and no red flags, they kept his passport.

Did you show them photos pf marriage and did you send photos to uscis ?

3 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

how fast did you respond to the embassy?

if you wait to long, the case may have been returned to the US  

most embassies don't like to keep the packet long

i hope you have a record of all you sent so it can be submitted here if necessary in case it was returned to USCIS

the very next day, and i do have the record.

3 minutes ago, naz.Ammad said:

Islamabad, it is arranged and no red flags, they kept his passport.

Extended security checks (months to over a year) are not uncommon with Pakistan. The PCCs are not trusted by the US government so they must do a manual background check.

I suggest reaching out to the consulate to see if you are pending security checks or if it's something else.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

7 minutes ago, msa1234 said:

did you upload required info on ceac too? Also, did you see any changes in last update date?

NO we did not beacuse they asked to be sent via express srvcs, and yes back in Jan (i am guessing when they recieved the docmnts) there were few updates, and then i email them in june and they asked for my husband's siblings info( asked to respond the emil) which i did on same day and then few updates in June, thats all

last update was june 15.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.