K1visaHopeful

I-864 Are 3 year's of W2's REQUIRED?

44 posts in this topic

27 minutes ago, ThomasNC1988 said:

Let me reiterate Personally I sent 3 years of W2s just because it shows I've had the job for a long time and its not temporary or whatever plus I had it all together already from when I filed the i-134. No I didn't send the other 2 years of transcripts because they were joint with my ex-wife.

And you have your Greencard with no RFE/checklist?

Questions 23 through 25 on the I864 (which is where my questions stem from) are asking for evidence you filed taxes. If you submit the three years of taxes that proves that. If you submit three years of W2's only it does not. 

If you submit W2's alone you are setting yourself up them to request your ITRs to satisfy the evidence. It doesnt make sense why anyone would just send W's.

1. You are setting yourself up for a delay in your process.

2. No where does it say that. Hence why I am asking if any of the thousands of ppl here can prove it to me that the instructions state it is REQUIRED to send W2s and no ITR.

Edited by K1visaHopeful

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
59 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

And you have your Greencard with no RFE/checklist?

Questions 23 through 25 on the I864 (which is where my questions stem from) are asking for evidence you filed taxes. If you submit the three years of taxes that proves that. If you submit three years of W2's only it does not. 

If you submit W2's alone you are setting yourself up them to request your ITRs to satisfy the evidence. It doesnt make sense why anyone would just send W's.

1. You are setting yourself up for a delay in your process.

2. No where does it say that. Hence why I am asking if any of the thousands of ppl here can prove it to me that the instructions state it is REQUIRED to send W2s and no ITR.

I can see your point of view but I didn't check the box that said I was submitting my transcripts so I would assume they would not be looking for them. To me the W2s serve the same purpose as a letter from my employer saying I have been here for years and make above the income levels all the time. Have you gotten your greencard without issue? Think we are in the same spot here. There is more than one way to go about almost everything and in the end everything works out. I remember back when I filed my 129f and it was only 30 pages people thought I was crazy especially because I did not even use the extra space provided let alone a separate attachment to explain how we met. People said don't send itineraries because they don't prove anything. People said send every page of your passport if using stamps. I didn't do almost anything people here said and we got approved in a faster than average time. All you will get here are peoples opinions none of us work processing cases so you will just have to deal with it. My opinion is that my previous years of W2s show that I have a steady flow of income from this job and if they don't care which they likely don't they will just cast them to the side in a pile with some people's two page long love stories to explain how they have met in person.

Edited by ThomasNC1988
typo

40 minutes ago, ThomasNC1988 said:

I can see your point of view but I didn't check the box that said I was submitting my transcripts so I would assume they would not be looking for them. To me the W2s serve the same purpose as a letter from my employer saying I have been here for years and make above the income levels all the time. Have you gotten your greencard without issue? Think we are in the same spot here. There is more than one way to go about almost everything and in the end everything works out. I remember back when I filed my 129f and it was only 30 pages people thought I was crazy especially because I did not even use the extra space provided let alone a separate attachment to explain how we met. People said don't send itineraries because they don't prove anything. People said send every page of your passport if using stamps. I didn't do almost anything people here said and we got approved in a faster than average time. All you will get here are peoples opinions none of us work processing cases so you will just have to deal with it. My opinion is that my previous years of W2s show that I have a steady flow of income from this job and if they don't care which they likely don't they will just cast them to the side in a pile with some people's two page long love stories to explain how they have met in person.

Dont get me wrong AT ALL, I see your point too. I was just trying to get to the bottom of it and was hoping (am still hoping) that some one could provide concrete evidence as to why W2's without ITR's or transcripts. I understand why you sent them. Do I think it was wise, no but like you said we are in the same unapproved proverbial boat. I just didnt want my post to turn into the usual "because so n so" or "because I read this here" without providing the evidence of it being instructed to do so either in the I485 or some other government related website. I'm sure you see my point in that too as by the looks of your VJ posting tally, you have come across many posts like that that were unhelpful and assuming because of lack of detail. I apologize profusely if you took any of my post in an adverse way. That wasnt my intention. I just wanted to come to a final conclusion on the manner and have this post serve as an answer to others as much as I needed it to be a final answer for me.

Edited by K1visaHopeful

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
36 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Dont get me wrong AT ALL, I see your point too. I was just trying to get to the bottom of it and was hoping (am still hoping) that some one could provide concrete evidence as to why W2's without ITR's or transcripts. I understand why you sent them. Do I think it was wise, no but like you said we are in the same unapproved proverbial boat. I just didnt want my post to turn into the usual "because so n so" or "because I read this here" without providing the evidence of it being instructed to do so either in the I485 or some other government related website. I'm sure you see my point in that too as by the looks of your VJ posting tally, you have come across many posts like that that were unhelpful and assuming because of lack of detail. I apologize profusely if you took any of my post in an adverse way. That wasnt my intention. I just wanted to come to a final conclusion on the manner and have this post serve as an answer to others as much as I needed it to be a final answer for me.

No harm no foul. Rarely does everyone agree here because we all have different experiences and know people who had different experiences. Keep in mind the vast majority of people probably do it without even finding this site so it is really easier than it seems.

16 hours ago, ThomasNC1988 said:

Let me reiterate Personally I sent 3 years of W2s just because it shows I've had the job for a long time and its not temporary or whatever plus I had it all together already from when I filed the i-134. No I didn't send the other 2 years of transcripts because they were joint with my ex-wife.

Doesnt matter.  I-134 is k1, is not legally binding, doesnt go through the USCIS and is irrelevant to the current conversation.  What matters is the I-864. 

If you sent them with the I-864 then the USCIS doesnt care like the NVC and DOS does. 

Edited by NikLR

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

10 minutes ago, thatguyuknow said:

Thought I'd update this. Well our documents got accepted today :) That was only last years Tax return with the associated w2 forms. 

Were 'Documentary qualified '

Are you adjusting status or going through the NVC

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Just now, thatguyuknow said:

Through NVC

Okay then it's not relevant to the OP as they will be adjusting their status.  Thank you though. 

6 minutes ago, thatguyuknow said:

AOS, same thing. Same I-864 form

But different people that review it. With AOS, an IO makes the final call. With NVC, they just do a quick review before sending it to the CO for them to make a final call.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

40 minutes ago, MiamiMark said:

Why would anyone do anything other than order his/her Tax Transcript for the most recent tax year (and, if desired, for the 2 prior years, as well)???

Because you have the OPTION of submitting EITHER:

1. A photocopy of the actual copy of the Income Tax forms PLUS the corresponding W2's 

OR

2. The IRS Transcript

As stated in the instructions for the I864 form.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.