Scaret_e

Cr-1 visa

9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

I and many others did it on our own. The process itself isnt complicated. Its just a long waiting time and you need to make sure to collect enough supporting evidence. Read the Immigration guides on this websites and inform yourself well. If there are any questions open just shoot a post and many people will help you here :)

Edited by Echel0n

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
47 minutes ago, Scaret_e said:

Good morning everyone 

Im going to do a cr-1 visa. 

Has anyone did it on your own?

or has anyone paid a Service to do it for them 

such as rapid-visa, immigration lawyer, etc??

Most here do it on their own.   Like said already it is not complicated

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/i-130-petition-process.html

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

5 hours ago, Scaret_e said:

Good morning everyone 

Im going to do a cr-1 visa. 

Has anyone did it on your own?

or has anyone paid a Service to do it for them 

such as rapid-visa, immigration lawyer, etc??

We did our K-1 with RapidVisa and we were denied.  We are doing the CR-1 on our own.  Those services sound good but once you go through it you realize that you are doing it all (filling forms, putting together paperwork, etc...) and they charge you for that.  They aren't magic and once you relax and see it isn't as daunting as it feels you can easily do it yourself with the help from Hank's site and the people here.

Are you already married?

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
9 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

We did our K-1 with RapidVisa and we were denied.  We are doing the CR-1 on our own.  Those services sound good but once you go through it you realize that you are doing it all (filling forms, putting together paperwork, etc...) and they charge you for that.  They aren't magic and once you relax and see it isn't as daunting as it feels you can easily do it yourself with the help from Hank's site and the people here.

Are you already married?

Yea I thought about doing it on my own jus that I jus wanna make sure I got every documents I got right so this can go smooth sailing 

yea hank, he’s been a lot of help and I appreciate the other people that look at my forum (posted) and took their time to response and let me know what they all think and seeing the best route. 

I even thought about getting a immigration lawyer 

Edited by Scaret_e

13 minutes ago, Scaret_e said:

Yea I thought about doing it on my own jus that I jus wanna make sure I got every documents I got right so this can go smooth sailing 

yea hank, he’s been a lot of help and I appreciate the other people that look at my forum (posted) and took their time to response and let me know what they all think and seeing the best route. 

I even thought about getting a immigration lawyer 

Unless there is a reason or a red flag in your petition, I highly recommend doing this without and agency or lawyer.  From what I have seen here, very few lawyers know much about this process and in almost all cases have slowed things down.  They will receive NOA1 and NOA2.  Then it is up to them when they forward those to you.  It just adds a middleman and unless they are truly responsive they will slow the process down.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
21 hours ago, John & Rose said:

Unless there is a reason or a red flag in your petition, I highly recommend doing this without and agency or lawyer.  From what I have seen here, very few lawyers know much about this process and in almost all cases have slowed things down.  They will receive NOA1 and NOA2.  Then it is up to them when they forward those to you.  It just adds a middleman and unless they are truly responsive they will slow the process down.

I been looking and videos and learning how to do the i-130 process and so on. I got to this part when notified about noa1 and noa2 after that you get nvc welcome letter. On step 4 collect financial document. 5EAC275C-BD48-4960-A55B-9B9A0C24EA89.thumb.jpeg.26edfd7462bf98fba8e40ff99b19831e.jpeg

Which is affidavit of support AC8803BD-3118-43A9-98EA-3F9461048212.thumb.jpeg.f8ca425067226780d694dfccc15049a0.jpeg

What form do I fill out? So clueless on this

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

All you need to do is read through the drop-down chart in STEP 4, Support Forms, fairly self-explanatory .   (IF ... THEN)

:  https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/collect-and-submit-forms-and-documents-to-the-nvc/step-4-collect-financial-documents.html

Filing I-130 for only your spouse (no one else), all your income is based entirely on your salary or pension as shown in your W2     =  I-864EZ

If . .... Then

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.