nompish

N-400 October 2018 Filers

1,465 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, a.t.j24 said:

I just got an email saying that my interview had been scheduled. Updated on uscis website, but not on myaccount.uscis.dhs website yet! 

Tampa people, how long after you received this was your interview?

Ive just booked a trip out of the country for a quick 5 days at the end of the month!! 😧

Congrats! I think you should be fine! When my interview was scheduled it was scheduled 1 month and 14 days out.  So i think you will have some time.

Good luck! Keep us updated :D

Congrats! You should get your interview date by late today/tomorrow. This part is pretty quick. 

I'll be surprised if your interview is in Feb, but let us know.

1 hour ago, a.t.j24 said:

I just got an email saying that my interview had been scheduled. Updated on uscis website, but not on myaccount.uscis.dhs website yet! 

Ive just booked a trip out of the country for a quick 5 days at the end of the month!! 😧

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current status: UK and USA citizen

12-Mar-19: I-751 (WAC18026) + N400 combi interview

Outcome

16 Mar-19: I-751 ~ Green Card in Hand (from submission to card delivery, 17 months)

19 Apr-19:  N400 ~ Naturalization Oath Ceremony, certificate in-hand! (from submission to oath, 6 months)

1 May 19: Voter registration card in-hand

3 May 19: USA passport in-hand

11 May 19: New SSN card in-hand

This must be so frustrating. Sounds like you are doing all that you can. I'm sure your approval will get resolved, it's the waiting and not knowing that's the killer. 

Did you get anywhere raising an online inquiry? 

12 hours ago, Nikolas2017 said:

i made appointment on next monday . i hope i can see my officer . i want to ask him about my case

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Outcome

16 Mar-19: I-751 ~ Green Card in Hand (from submission to card delivery, 17 months)

19 Apr-19:  N400 ~ Naturalization Oath Ceremony, certificate in-hand! (from submission to oath, 6 months)

3 weeks until my interview on 02/28/2019 !! :D :D so happy to see other people also getting their interviews! Would be nice to see a lot more too!

Over the last 3 days ive been aggressively studying (about 2 hours a day non stop) and i've come to a place where i am super comfortable and I am able to rattle off these 100 civic question off in my head.... just like @GoodbyeGirl.

Even tho its still 3 weeks out. I think its good to keep it fresh in your mind so that as the interview creeps up on you, you dont panic. 

My studying approach was this:

1. Keep doing this test https://my.uscis.gov/en/prep/test/civics/view over and over until you get 100% every time.

2. Since that website often asks the same questions on repeat tests, i then switched over to this https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Office of Citizenship/Citizenship Resource Center Site/Publications/100q.pdf. (i printed it out and i have another sheet of paper to cover the answers so i can test myself). repeat this until you are able to get all 100 questions correct.

3. Then i found this on youtube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xneOXolILJY its a lady asking you all the 100 questions (similar style to how it would be in the interview) ofcourse by this time you would easily e able to get all 100 questions correct.

Then i found this interesting video for those who maybe struggle with english.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTuRBfqOThc

This video will help your get through those personal questions they may ask you during your interview. some of the words in those questions are tricky and so they may ask you to explain those words to see if you understand english well enough to be a citizen. (for the most part i believe everyone here will get through it but there are some candidates who really struggle and so this may help)

Hope this maybe helped some of you! Other than that i have nothing and i wish everyone the best of luck :D 

Edited by NeedMoreCoffee

Hi all! I'm pretty new to posting, but been following this thread since I filed my N400 application. I'm based in California (Central Coast), and I THINK my local field office is San Fernando Valley.

Timeline:
I751 Filed Nov 3rd 2017, attended biometrics not long after

N400 Filed Oct 23rd 2018, Attended Biometrics Nov 13th, 

I751 Was transferred to NBC on Dec 21st 2018, what does this mean????

I called up USCIS today to try and get answer on where my case is at, the representative told me I was waiting in line for an interview, however that doesn't show up anywhere in My USCIS Account or in USCIS My Case Status on their website. Where is she getting this information from?! She said it has been in their system like that since December.

Does anyone have any insight? I just want my damn citizenship so I can apply for the Air Force and get the job I want!! Haha

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

received my interview notice by email two days ago and the PDF showed up in my online account later that evening.

The Interview is scheduled for Tuesday March 12, 2019 in San Bernadino, CA

Timeline:
Filed Online October 25, 2018 (3 year marriage)
Biometrics: October 30, 2018 (early walking)
Notice of Interview Scheduled: February 05, 2019
Interview: March  12, 2019 (San Bernadino, CA)

This is for German Citizens only. I'm still waiting for my BBG (Beibehaltungsgenehmigung) from Germany to keep my German citizenship. I have been waiting 8 month already for the approval from the Bundesverwaltungsamt in Köln, Germany. 

German citizens have to file a permit to retain their citizenship. That retention permit (BBG) has to be approved and picked up at the German Consulate before the Oath Ceremony. I sent off an email to the BVA in Köln and the German Consulate in Los Angeles to speed things up.

Edited by B D

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
10 hours ago, a.t.j24 said:

i got my interview after 2 month . after applying . but i went to interview and they gave me paper like i passed test but for answer , they will mailing to me letter . now two weeks no answer

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
8 hours ago, GoodbyeGirl said:

This must be so frustrating. Sounds like you are doing all that you can. I'm sure your approval will get resolved, it's the waiting and not knowing that's the killer. 

Did you get anywhere raising an online inquiry? 

i still have old information after 2 weeks interview

Interview Was Scheduled

On December 11, 2018, we scheduled an interview for your Form N-400, Application 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Interview in Tampa March 18th. A little further away than I had hoped, but alas, I have a date!!!!!!

Not long now. Its one worry after another, when will I have my biometrics, when will I see they are working on it, when will I see they scheduled my interview, when will my interview date be.......and now I hope I pass the interview!!! 

Oh well, not too long until its (HOPEFULLY) all over!! I will obviously update everyone on how it goes when I find out. Fingers crossed for everyone else out there!! 

This is great! 

Nice find on the YouTube video where the questions are asked verbally, interview style. Did my study with the aid of that tonight. :)

I watched the 'difficult personal questions' video too. I hope I don't get asked things like 'what is a totalitarian party?' That'll throw me - only cos I've been studying the civics. But good to be prepared. 

Not long now... excited for you! Sounds like you've got this study squared away. :)

13 hours ago, NeedMoreCoffee said:

3 weeks until my interview on 02/28/2019 !! :D :D so happy to see other people also getting their interviews! Would be nice to see a lot more too!

Over the last 3 days ive been aggressively studying (about 2 hours a day non stop) and i've come to a place where i am super comfortable and I am able to rattle off these 100 civic question off in my head.... just like @GoodbyeGirl.

Even tho its still 3 weeks out. I think its good to keep it fresh in your mind so that as the interview creeps up on you, you dont panic. 

My studying approach was this:

1. Keep doing this test https://my.uscis.gov/en/prep/test/civics/view over and over until you get 100% every time.

2. Since that website often asks the same questions on repeat tests, i then switched over to this https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Office of Citizenship/Citizenship Resource Center Site/Publications/100q.pdf. (i printed it out and i have another sheet of paper to cover the answers so i can test myself). repeat this until you are able to get all 100 questions correct.

3. Then i found this on youtube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xneOXolILJY its a lady asking you all the 100 questions (similar style to how it would be in the interview) ofcourse by this time you would easily e able to get all 100 questions correct.

Then i found this interesting video for those who maybe struggle with english.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTuRBfqOThc

This video will help your get through those personal questions they may ask you during your interview. some of the words in those questions are tricky and so they may ask you to explain those words to see if you understand english well enough to be a citizen. (for the most part i believe everyone here will get through it but there are some candidates who really struggle and so this may help)

Hope this maybe helped some of you! Other than that i have nothing and i wish everyone the best of luck :D 

Outcome

You're in the March interview club with me. :)

Hopefully some more people will join us soon.

Good luck!

4 hours ago, a.t.j24 said:

Interview in Tampa March 18th. A little further away than I had hoped, but alas, I have a date!!!!!!

Not long now. Its one worry after another, when will I have my biometrics, when will I see they are working on it, when will I see they scheduled my interview, when will my interview date be.......and now I hope I pass the interview!!! 

Oh well, not too long until its (HOPEFULLY) all over!! I will obviously update everyone on how it goes when I find out. Fingers crossed for everyone else out there!! 

Outcome

On 2/2/2019 at 4:59 PM, Nikolas2017 said:

After my interview 6 days. and i dont see new news((((( i dont know what i need to do. officer said only that he want to speak with supervisor about my case . and after thai will send letter to me . i am checking my cays online every hour ((( me and my wife want to go to info pass january 11 . may be they can say something about my case. does somebody have same? officer gave me paper about my civil test like i passed test and desicion will send to me by mail

hopefully you will get it today. 

Edited by Ask Away

10 hours ago, GoodbyeGirl said:

This is great! 

Nice find on the YouTube video where the questions are asked verbally, interview style. Did my study with the aid of that tonight. :)

I watched the 'difficult personal questions' video too. I hope I don't get asked things like 'what is a totalitarian party?' That'll throw me - only cos I've been studying the civics. But good to be prepared. 

Not long now... excited for you! Sounds like you've got this study squared away. :)

Just 20 more days :D :D I cant wait!! it is so nice having an end date in sight. stress has gone down a lot! Our I-751's will be pending more than 16 months at time of interview. it is just madness how long that is!

Now that ive completed my study of the civics questions, i just go over them all once a day now which takes about 10 or so minutes. Ill go over those tricky questions the night before the interview :D 

I just completed our 2018 tax return too so I will be adding that to my additional evidence during the interview as well. 

Im scared i get there and they ask for something i dont have and so im literally planning to take EVERYTHING to the interview haha! old and new passports. old and new immigration documents. old and new drivers licenses...etc..... EVERYTHING.

1 hour ago, elladan33 said:

My got notified through e-mail that my interview has been scheduled. No appointment letter yet.

N-400 Filing Date(5 year rule) : October 25th 2018. Local office: St Louis, MO

Wooohooo!!! Congratz!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.