nompish

N-400 October 2018 Filers

1,465 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Guyana
Timeline
On 1/25/2019 at 2:42 PM, GoodbyeGirl said:

Thanks MR @NeedMoreCoffee :) 

Good list, and one that I'll follow. I'll soon start gathering all the latest evidences and go dig out what I included in both my i-751 and N400 applications. I think I'll be taking a pile of papers almost as bulky as what I needed for my K1 Visa interview at the London embassy. 

Hi, would you mind sharing your K1 experience with me? Please. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Guyana
Timeline
20 hours ago, binashi said:

It's been 60 days for me and they stopped sending bi-weekly updates since last month. My expected month of completion is August 2019 and I hope it won't increase. 

The last update I received was earlier this month, so I guess they haven't stopped for me but they have for my mom. Yours is way sooner than mine, mine is October but yes I hope it doesn't increase for you. Good luck. & keep me posted, I'll do the same. 

Hello - do you really mean K1? Most people in this forum who've gone down that visa route will have done so at least 3 years ago. You may be better off looking at the most recent K1 approvals.

Just a suggestion, if you add more to your profile - what you're applying for, local office,  your home country, immigration timeline - you'll help people to help you. It's quite a friendly place. :) 

2 hours ago, NewYorker14 said:

Hi, would you mind sharing your K1 experience with me? Please. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current status: UK and USA citizen

12-Mar-19: I-751 (WAC18026) + N400 combi interview

Outcome

16 Mar-19: I-751 ~ Green Card in Hand (from submission to card delivery, 17 months)

19 Apr-19:  N400 ~ Naturalization Oath Ceremony, certificate in-hand! (from submission to oath, 6 months)

1 May 19: Voter registration card in-hand

3 May 19: USA passport in-hand

11 May 19: New SSN card in-hand

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

what to wait? today I went to my interview . I went alone without a wife . I was one of the first. I went into the office and swore to tell the truth. then I was asked how I met my wife . what we do for a living . then I was asked 6 easy questions about America, then asked to write one simple sentence . after that the officer said that I had all the documents and did not take any new documents that I brought with me. and he said I had two cases. and he has no right to make any decision and he needs to talk to the supervisor. and he printed me a piece of paper. where it says that I passed the citizenship test and need to wait for a response by mail . now I'm really worried. who knows what will happen next?

On 1/25/2019 at 3:13 PM, NeedMoreCoffee said:

wow! you are so lucky! ive been trying to find the San Diego one too but i am having no luck :(

closest i got to was https://www.casd.uscourts.gov/Court Info/SitePages/Naturalization.asp but even this page doesnt give me much info

I'd love to see the San Diego Schedule

what to wait? today I went to my interview . I went alone without a wife . I was one of the first. I went into the office and swore to tell the truth. then I was asked how I met my wife . what we do for a living . then I was asked 6 easy questions about America, then asked to write one simple sentence . after that the officer said that I had all the documents and did not take any new documents that I brought with me. and he said I had two cases. and he has no right to make any decision and he needs to talk to the supervisor. and he printed me a piece of paper. where it says that I passed the citizenship test and need to wait for a response by mail . now I'm really worried. who knows what will happen next?

5 hours ago, Nikolas2017 said:

I would just wait a week and see what updates you get online. I do however think that since your wife did not go with you, there is still a chance now that they could request an interview with both of you for your I-751 (thats worst case). If you dont get any updates after 1 week then i'd probably start getting annoying and calling Customer Service and start doing case inquiries until you get something back. i could also be wrong with all of this and you could get an update tomorrow saying everything is approved. Congrats on passing the citizenship test! and good luck with the updates on your cases! keep us updated

Edited by NeedMoreCoffee

On 1/27/2019 at 9:08 AM, NewYorker14 said:

The last update I received was earlier this month, so I guess they haven't stopped for me but they have for my mom. Yours is way sooner than mine, mine is October but yes I hope it doesn't increase for you. Good luck. & keep me posted, I'll do the same. 

Good luck as well! And yes, I will definitely keep you posted. 

Spoiler

PD: May 24, 2012

09.12.2013 NOA 2 (email)

09.17.2013 NOA 2 Hard copy

09.26.2013 Case received by NVC

10.08.2013 Case number and IIN

10.09.2013 DS-261 sent

10.10.2013 AOS bill invoice received; In Process

10.10.2013 Case expedited. Shipped to USEM Manila

10.12.2013 AOS "Paid"

10.22.2013 Physical case at USEM; DS260 sent

10.23.2013 Medical Day 1; Received email waiving my interview schedule

10.24.2013 Medical Day 2

10.25.2013 Interview Date, Approved

10.30.2013 Visa received! Best birthday gift ever! 

11.06.2013 Attended PDOS

11.20.2013 POE at Guam 

11.26.2013 SSN Card Received by mail

01.15.2014 Green Card received! Finally! 

Spoiler

N400

10.28.2018 Application submitted, NOA1

11.03.2018 Biometrics scheduled

11.23.2018 Biometrics done

03.26.2019 Interview scheduled

05.01.2019 Interview done, approved

06.20.2019 Oath Ceremony

Congrats on passing and sorry that things are confusing on your pending green card approval. That's my fear too. 

Has there been any updates? 

I was wondering if the IO had your I-751 application at your USC interview, and if so, what was said about that case? Like @NeedMoreCoffee says, spouses are usually called for an I-751 interview, but you may get approved without this step. My thinking is simply that if you hadn't applied for N400, your Green Card may have been approved without interview by now.  And USCIS might see it the same way now that you've actually sat the N400 and passed. It's more time and expense to set up another interview if your I-751 can be adjudicated separately. 

I've read about other combi filers who've gone to the N400 interview, where the IO has been prepared for both cases and knows what to do. Sounds like your local office isn't as on the ball as they need to be.

Your experience has prompted me to raise an inquiry and ask for status of my i-751 before my N400 interview in March. 

Good luck and thanks for sharing! 

On 1/28/2019 at 3:50 PM, Nikolas2017 said:

On 1/28/2019 at 9:50 PM, NeedMoreCoffee said:

I would just wait a week and see what updates you get online. I do however think that since your wife did not go with you, there is still a chance now that they could request an interview with both of you for your I-751 (thats worst case). If you dont get any updates after 1 week then i'd probably start getting annoying and calling Customer Service and start doing case inquiries until you get something back. i could also be wrong with all of this and you could get an update tomorrow saying everything is approved. Congrats on passing the citizenship test! and good luck with the updates on your cases! keep us updated

Edited by GoodbyeGirl

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Outcome

16 Mar-19: I-751 ~ Green Card in Hand (from submission to card delivery, 17 months)

19 Apr-19:  N400 ~ Naturalization Oath Ceremony, certificate in-hand! (from submission to oath, 6 months)

I got the usual email today about 'we are still reviewing your case..."

I went and got the I551 stamp in my passport and the officer stamped my passport for six months.

While I was there, I asked why did my I751 case got transferred twice? I said is it because I filed N400? She looked up my case and said 'it is here and I should not worry about it, that I will be approved before my I551 stamp expires'. I was like... ok.....

So...... I am waiting .....

The good thing is that I was worried about renewing my driver's license and went to the DMV expecting that I was going to get another six months because my one year letter time frame expired and the 18-month ext would extend it another six months. I ended up getting a five years driver's license, based on the 18-month ext letter. I don't know what the DMV sees when they check status but that gives me some kind of hope.

Now, I wait until my local office decides to send me the interview notice. My time frame is saying 8  months.... :/

Pretty fast turnaround on my inquiry, got a response the next day. Looks like I'm definitely a combi case and will be sitting two interviews come 12 March. 

6 hours ago, GoodbyeGirl said:

Congrats on passing and sorry that things are confusing on your pending green card approval. That's my fear too. 

Has there been any updates? 

I was wondering if the IO had your I-751 application at your USC interview, and if so, what was said about that case? Like @NeedMoreCoffee says, spouses are usually called for an I-751 interview, but you may get approved without this step. My thinking is simply that if you hadn't applied for N400, your Green Card may have been approved without interview by now.  And USCIS might see it the same way now that you've actually sat the N400 and passed. It's more time and expense to set up another interview if your I-751 can be adjudicated separately. 

I've read about other combi filers who've gone to the N400 interview, where the IO has been prepared for both cases and knows what to do. Sounds like your local office isn't as on the ball as they need to be.

Your experience has prompted me to raise an inquiry and ask for status of my i-751 before my N400 interview in March. 

Good luck and thanks for sharing! 

letter small.jpg

Outcome

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
27 minutes ago, GoodbyeGirl said:

Pretty fast turnaround on my inquiry, got a response the next day. Looks like I'm definitely a combi case and will be sitting two interviews come 12 March. 

Indeed it is. Do you mind sharing what inquiry and how you submitted? My I-751 is pending and I have my N-400 interview scheduled for March 4th.

AOS STATUS

May 5, 2015 (Day 1) - Mailed AOS Packet to Dearborn Address through UPS
May 8, 2015 (Day 3) - Package delivered and signed for
May 13, 2015 (Day 8) - Checks Cleared Bank
May 20, 2015 (Day 15) - Received NOA hard copies in mail (I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131)
May 22, 2015 (Day 17) - Biometrics appointment received - June 5th
May 28, 2015 (Day 23) - Walk-in Biometrics appointment complete
July 4th 2015 (Day 60) - Online I-485 status updated to "Case Is Ready To Be Schedule For An Interview"
July 21st 2015 (Day 77) - Online status update: EAD Being Produced / AP Approved
July 21st 2015 (Day 77) - Online status updated again: EAD Approved / AP Approved
July 25th 2015 (Day 81) - Received EAD/AP approval letter (I-797) in mail
July 29th 2015 (Day 85) - EAD/AP mailed
July 31th 2015 (Day 87) - EAD/AP received

Jan 15th 2016 (Day 255) - Interview scheduled for Feb 22nd 2016 at Federal Plaza, NYC

Feb 22nd 2016 (Day 293) - I-130 and I-485 Approved after Interview and New card is being produced

Feb 29th 2016 (Day 300) - Green Card and Welcome letter Received

Of course! We are in the same boat.

• Login into your account at https://egov.uscis.gov/ 
  • Then click on one of your cases
  • Scroll to the bottom and click the 'Submit a case inquiry' box 
  • I picked 'Did not receive notice by mail'  It wasn't an exact match for my question, but it was the nearest that would fit
  • Fill in the form and in the 'Provide Last Action on Your Case' you can ask your question 
  • Hit 'Submit' and wait...

Hope this helps, keep us posted with your progress. And congrats on getting an interview date. :)

29 minutes ago, raghucbz said:

Indeed it is. Do you mind sharing what inquiry and how you submitted? My I-751 is pending and I have my N-400 interview scheduled for March 4th.

Outcome

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
4 minutes ago, GoodbyeGirl said:

Of course! We are in the same boat.

• Login into your account at https://egov.uscis.gov/ 
  • Then click on one of your cases
  • Scroll to the bottom and click the 'Submit a case inquiry' box 
  • I picked 'Did not receive notice by mail'  It wasn't an exact match for my question, but it was the nearest that would fit
  • Fill in the form and in the 'Provide Last Action on Your Case' you can ask your question 
  • Hit 'Submit' and wait...

Hope this helps, keep us posted with your progress. And congrats on getting an interview date. :)

Thanks for the detailed instructions.

My I-751 was transferred to NBC and I got a notice stating that it was to schedule an interview. Did your I-751 get transferred at all, if so where?

AOS STATUS

May 5, 2015 (Day 1) - Mailed AOS Packet to Dearborn Address through UPS
May 8, 2015 (Day 3) - Package delivered and signed for
May 13, 2015 (Day 8) - Checks Cleared Bank
May 20, 2015 (Day 15) - Received NOA hard copies in mail (I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131)
May 22, 2015 (Day 17) - Biometrics appointment received - June 5th
May 28, 2015 (Day 23) - Walk-in Biometrics appointment complete
July 4th 2015 (Day 60) - Online I-485 status updated to "Case Is Ready To Be Schedule For An Interview"
July 21st 2015 (Day 77) - Online status update: EAD Being Produced / AP Approved
July 21st 2015 (Day 77) - Online status updated again: EAD Approved / AP Approved
July 25th 2015 (Day 81) - Received EAD/AP approval letter (I-797) in mail
July 29th 2015 (Day 85) - EAD/AP mailed
July 31th 2015 (Day 87) - EAD/AP received

Jan 15th 2016 (Day 255) - Interview scheduled for Feb 22nd 2016 at Federal Plaza, NYC

Feb 22nd 2016 (Day 293) - I-130 and I-485 Approved after Interview and New card is being produced

Feb 29th 2016 (Day 300) - Green Card and Welcome letter Received

Yeah, it's all in my signature. Around 21 Dec my I-751 was transferred from CSC to NBC. My N400 interview is scheduled for 12 March, and I'm getting interviewed for my GC approval at the same time.

In December, after my I-751 was transferred, I called USCIS and was told both my cases had been sent to NBC for processing. When I got my N400 interview notice but nothing on my GC, I sent the inquiry to ask what the status was. Today I got a response in the mail advising the combi interview. 

15 minutes ago, raghucbz said:

Thanks for the detailed instructions.

My I-751 was transferred to NBC and I got a notice stating that it was to schedule an interview. Did your I-751 get transferred at all, if so where?

Outcome

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.