nompish

N-400 October 2018 Filers

1,465 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, GoodbyeGirl said:

Ha ha! It won't take long. What's helping me is to read it out loud and study in the same verbal format as the real test. Best though is to get different people to test you as I found that just hearing the questions asked in a different voice can throw me a bit, especially as I'm used to hearing my own voice. I hope that makes sense! Once you're up to speed you can run through all 100 (with someone playing the IMO part) in 5 minutes or less. 

Watch out though for know-it-alls who want to give you a ton a background, ask you to expand or throw in their own version of the questions. You need someone who will ask the question as written, and gets that you only need to give the specified amount of answer(s). Most questions just require one answer, a few need two and there's only one question that needs three (I think that's names of the first states).

The IMO doesn't want you to expand, the study guides states that short answers are required. The IMO has to write down everything you say, so they don't want you to say a lot

Good luck! 👩‍🎓

oh wow. thanks for the insight! im kind of nervous to be honest xD :D

LOL. You and me both. I've watched the video on USCIS where they have actors playing out what happens during the interview and test. The whole thing from swearing in, and all parts if the test, civics, written and verbal. Not going to win any Oscars, but it was helpful. And best of all, quick! 

15 hours ago, NeedMoreCoffee said:

oh wow. thanks for the insight! im kind of nervous to be honest xD :D

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current status: UK and USA citizen

12-Mar-19: I-751 (WAC18026) + N400 combi interview

Outcome

16 Mar-19: I-751 ~ Green Card in Hand (from submission to card delivery, 17 months)

19 Apr-19:  N400 ~ Naturalization Oath Ceremony, certificate in-hand! (from submission to oath, 6 months)

1 May 19: Voter registration card in-hand

3 May 19: USA passport in-hand

11 May 19: New SSN card in-hand

My N400 interview has been scheduled! Just got notice this evening by text and shortly after, an email. 

No mention of my I-751. My N400 case status is 'Interview was scheduled'. The email notice says, 'Your Case Status: Testing and Interview'. I think I'm in line for a combi interview. 

There's a light at the end of the tunnel. :) 

I'll update here once I know the interview date. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Outcome

16 Mar-19: I-751 ~ Green Card in Hand (from submission to card delivery, 17 months)

19 Apr-19:  N400 ~ Naturalization Oath Ceremony, certificate in-hand! (from submission to oath, 6 months)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
11 minutes ago, GoodbyeGirl said:

My N400 interview has been scheduled! Just got notice this evening by text and shortly after, an email. 

No mention of my I-751. My N400 case status is 'Interview was scheduled'. The email notice says, 'Your Case Status: Testing and Interview'. I think I'm in line for a combi interview. 

Congrats. I hope mine will come soon :(

Thanks! I hope there's good news for you soon. 

What does your local office processing time look like? Here in Kansas, it's 6.5 - 13.5 months, but my case status lead time is 22 months.

If I pass the test, I'm a bit worried that my green card approval may hold things up - but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. Tonight I'm grateful for the update. It's been a loooooong 15 months (10 year green card, 3 months N400).

9 minutes ago, dannyphan91 said:

Congrats. I hope mine will come soon :(

Edited by GoodbyeGirl

Outcome

Filed: Timeline
20 minutes ago, GoodbyeGirl said:

Huh congrats, you are so lucky!! I am expecting mine not before end of March- took Chicago around 5-7 month till they schedule an interview. 

Thank you! The lead time for Chicago is better than my local office here in Kansas, so fingers crossed you'll be getting good news soon. The 3-month wait to hear on the N400 interview has been a breeze compared to the 15-month (and counting) wait on my 10 year Green Card application. 

Good luck to everyone!

Outcome

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
7 minutes ago, GoodbyeGirl said:

Thanks! I hope there's good news for you soon. 

What does your local office processing time look like? Here in Kansas, it's 6.5 - 13.5 months, but my case status lead time is 22 months.

If I pass the test, I'm a bit worried that my green card approval may hold things up - but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. Tonight I'm grateful for the update. It's been a loooooong 15 months (10 year green card, 3 months N400).

My local is Charlottle NC 8.5 month to 14 months. I’m hoping will hear something in March. My estimate time is 8 months. You should start studying now hehe

I am such a civics bore, I've got all 100 questions and answers memorised. I started studying this month just in case... and I'm so glad I did. 

I hope you get good news well before March. 

8 minutes ago, dannyphan91 said:

My local is Charlottle NC 8.5 month to 14 months. I’m hoping will hear something in March. My estimate time is 8 months. You should start studying now hehe

Edited by GoodbyeGirl

Outcome

1 hour ago, GoodbyeGirl said:

HOLY !#@% :D :D congratz! cant wait to hear the interview date! i wish i had all those questions and answers memorized haha! i started looking at them today and ive got a loooong way to go xD. looking forward to your update!

HOLY !#@% indeed! I nearly fell off the sofa last night when the text came in. :) 

This morning https://my.uscis.gov/account updated. I really hope the letter shows in the documents tab soon - I want to know the actual interview date!

Good luck with the study and do share if you have any study tips. I need the help - got to keep the answers in my head. LOL.  I've now got the questions that I sometimes pause on plastered over the kitchen wall. It's things like remembering to say 'citizens' and not 'everyone' when answering 'who can vote?'

My case still shows July 2020 as the estimated completion time - I hope I can ignore that.

9 hours ago, NeedMoreCoffee said:

HOLY !#@% :D :D congratz! cant wait to hear the interview date! i wish i had all those questions and answers memorized haha! i started looking at them today and ive got a loooong way to go xD. looking forward to your update!

n400.jpg

Edited by GoodbyeGirl

Outcome

2 hours ago, GoodbyeGirl said:

HOLY !#@% indeed! I nearly fell off the sofa last night when the text came in. :) 

This morning https://my.uscis.gov/account updated. I really hope the letter shows in the documents tab soon - I want to know the actual interview date!

Good luck with the study and do share if you have any study tips. I need the help - got to keep the answers in my head. LOL.  I've now got the questions that I sometimes pause on plastered over the kitchen wall. It's things like remembering to say 'citizens' and not 'everyone' when answering 'who can vote?'

My case still shows July 2020 as the estimated completion time - I hope I can ignore that.

n400.jpg

Im sure it will be there by end of day today. mine took just under 2 days to showup xD excited !!!! :D

On 1/22/2019 at 10:42 AM, GoodbyeGirl said:

Hey @nompish, good to see you. Still hanging in there? I was hoping you'd have some good news on your i-751/N400 by now. Any updates? 

Diddly squat going on for me. 🤨

Nothing yet hun!...i am expecting something in two months time . it seems my field office more or less sends interview letters with 5-6 months of filing. So hopefully will hear something in March

5 hours ago, GoodbyeGirl said:

n400.jpg

OMG!!!!! congrats!!!

K-1 Journey

2015 01 14 : I-129F Mailed

2015 01 22: NOA-2

2015 03 09 : Packet 3 Received

2015 05 19 : Interview - PASSED (K-1 Visa Approved)

2015 08 19 : Arrived U.S.

2015 10 30 : Married :dance:

AOS Journey

11/05/2015: AOS Package Mailed

11/07/2015: AOS Delivered

11/15/2015: NOAx3 text and email received

11/18/2015: NOAx3 received via mail date 11/10/2015

11/26/2015: Received biometrics letter scheduled for 12/10/2015

12/10/2015: Biometrics completed

01/08/2016: Case status update I-485 "New card being produced"

01/10/2016: Case status update I-485 "Case approved"

01/12/2016: Case status update I-485 "My Card was mailed to me"

01/13/2016: Case status update I-485 "My Card picked up by USPS

01/15/2016: GREENCARD IN HAND!! DONE FOR NOW!!!

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

16 hours ago, NeedMoreCoffee said:

@NeedMoreCoffee and @GoodbyeGirl both your cases got transferred to NBC Missouri right? Will you please keep me updated when you do your interviews on whether they process your i751 too and/or if they have your file together with the N-400 one? Want to be prepared when i get to that stage too :). Am so excited for your ladies!

Edited by nompish

K-1 Journey

2015 01 14 : I-129F Mailed

2015 01 22: NOA-2

2015 03 09 : Packet 3 Received

2015 05 19 : Interview - PASSED (K-1 Visa Approved)

2015 08 19 : Arrived U.S.

2015 10 30 : Married :dance:

AOS Journey

11/05/2015: AOS Package Mailed

11/07/2015: AOS Delivered

11/15/2015: NOAx3 text and email received

11/18/2015: NOAx3 received via mail date 11/10/2015

11/26/2015: Received biometrics letter scheduled for 12/10/2015

12/10/2015: Biometrics completed

01/08/2016: Case status update I-485 "New card being produced"

01/10/2016: Case status update I-485 "Case approved"

01/12/2016: Case status update I-485 "My Card was mailed to me"

01/13/2016: Case status update I-485 "My Card picked up by USPS

01/15/2016: GREENCARD IN HAND!! DONE FOR NOW!!!

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Filed: Timeline
5 minutes ago, nompish said:

@NeedMoreCoffee and @GoodbyeGirl both your cases got transferred to NBC Missouri right? Will you please keep me updated when you do your interviews on whether they process your i751 too and/or if they have your file together with the N-400 one? Want to be prepared when i get to that stage too :). Am so excited for your ladies!

Huh, now me and you are waiting... :) good luck girls- i am sure you will do great and we expect great news. Btw, I am going to my home country for a vacation in February and I will be back in March- and ready to get the interview. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.