2,200 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
15 hours ago, alexpop13 said:

Well technically we filed at a Lockbox so we should receive it within 10 days. (Dreaming) 😂

Let us know the outcome :)

N-400/Naturalization application

Spoiler

·         10/30/2019 - Filed N-400 Online - Case Was Received and A Receipt Notice Was Emailed

·         10/31/2019 - NOA 1 dated October 30 available online

·         11/02/2019 - Status Changed to Biometrics Appointment Was Scheduled

·         11/04/2019 - NOA 1 dated October 30 in the mail

·         11/04/2019 - Biometrics Appointment notice dated November 1 available online

·         11/08/2019 - Biometrics Appointment notice dated November 1 in the mail

·         11/21/2019 - Biometrics Appointment

·         11/21/2019 - Status Changed to Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

·         12/30/2019 - Status Changed to Interview Was Scheduled

·         12/31/2019 - Interview notice dated December 30 available online

·         01/06/2020 - Interview notice dated December 30 in the mail

·         02/06/2020 - Interview at local USCIS Office - APPROVED

·         02/06/2020 - Status Changed to Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled

·         02/12/2020 - Status Changed to Oath Ceremony Notice Was Mailed

·         02/13/2020 - Naturalization notice dated February 12 available online

·         02/18/2020 - Naturalization notice dated February 12 in the mail

·         03/11/2020 - Naturalization Ceremony - US CITIZEN!

·         03/11/2020 - Status Changed to Certificate Of Naturalization Was Issued

US Passport application

·         03/11/2020 - Applied for US Passport at local USPS with expedite service

·         03/16/2020 - Received email that Application is In Process

·         03/17/2020 - Check was cashed

·         03/23/2020 - Received email that Application is Approved

·         03/26/2020 - Received the Passport Book in the mail

·         03/27/2020 - Received the Certificate of Naturalization in the mail

My story. I sent the package in October, 20. I got a text message with my EAC receipt number in October, 29. My case number is not tracking and I didn't get my NOA1. Today I called USCIS, they told me that they sent me a letter about biometric appointment in October, 25. I didn't get any letters from them and I'm not sure if they tell me the truth. They asked to call back in November, 25. The will be able to resend it. I want to call them back today and talk to another person. I want to know what another person will tell me.

Edited by MariaRo

31 minutes ago, MariaRo said:

My story. I sent the package in October, 20. I got a text message with my EAC receipt number in October, 29. My case number is not tracking and I didn't get my NOA1. Today I called USCIS, they told me that they sent me a letter about biometric appointment in October, 25. I didn't get any letters from them and I'm not sure if they tell me the truth. They asked to call back in November, 25. The will be able to resend it. I want to call them back today and talk to another person. I want to know what another person will tell me.

@MariaRo, if they already scheduled your biometrics you are way ahead of everybody. Check this Forum's members Timeline list here: https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/685749-i-751-october-2018/?do=findComment&comment=9462832

Did you ask them when was your biometrics scheduled for? I believe this is the most urgent thing, If they schedule your biometrics and you don't go, it may delay your case. Also, did you ask them why it is not tracking? Which website did you use? I recommend this one: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

By the way the link to send an inquiry in case of Non-Delivery of Notice I posted before doesn't allow you to complete all the fields. This is the one that works: https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/displayNDNForm.do?entryPoint=init&sroPageType=ndn

Edited by BRgirlUS

25 minutes ago, BRgirlUS said:

@MariaRo, if they already scheduled your biometrics you are way ahead of everybody. Check this Forum's members Timeline list here: https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/685749-i-751-october-2018/?do=findComment&comment=9462832

Did you ask them when was your biometrics scheduled for? I believe this is the most urgent thing, If they schedule your biometrics and you don't go, it may delay your case. Also, did you ask them why it is not tracking? Which website did you use? I recommend this one: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

By the way the link to send an inquiry in case of Non-Delivery of Notice I posted before doesn't allow you to complete all the fields. This is the one that works: https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/displayNDNForm.do?entryPoint=init&sroPageType=ndn

I called them back. Another representative told me the same story that they sent me 2 letters (extension letter and biometrics appointment) in October, 25. They ask me to wait till November, 25 and then call back, they will resend it. They don't know when and where my biometrics appointment is scheduled.
Also, they told me that it can take up to 45 days to start tracking case status online.
I just submitted an inquiry of Non-Delivery of Notice online. I'm not sure if it helps. Expect a reply by December 8, 2018.

38 minutes ago, MariaRo said:

I called them back. Another representative told me the same story that they sent me 2 letters (extension letter and biometrics appointment) in October, 25. They ask me to wait till November, 25 and then call back, they will resend it. They don't know when and where my biometrics appointment is scheduled.
Also, they told me that it can take up to 45 days to start tracking case status online.
I just submitted an inquiry of Non-Delivery of Notice online. I'm not sure if it helps. Expect a reply by December 8, 2018.

When you sent your inquiry, what did you put for the "date filed"?

I tried yesterday and it said I had to wait to complete 30 days from the date filed. 

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, MariaRo said:

Two things:

I believe when USCIS gives a “date the letter was mailed”, it means, the date it was processed to be printed. So, while they may say mailed on one date, it wasn’t physically put in the mail that day. That is why letters received have dates that are days/weeks before we actually receive the NOA letters.

Secondly, the representatives who answer our calls are just that, customer service representatives. I don’t believe they are actual USCIS case managers. They type in A numbers, and then whatever the USCIS processors have inputted is in the database. They are not being dishonest. They are trying to provide as much information as possible so we don’t make them have more work by calling again or submitting inquiries online.

USCIS is a government agency, and there are many levels of representatives who do all of the scanning and processing before our cases get to the USCIS agent who will make the determination about approval or not. It is just the way things work here in America. Government moves slowly. The important people who make final decisions are the last people to get our applications. Other, less important and less informed, people, do all of the less important work; therefore, they do the best they can with the limited information they have available.

It’s difficult for us because our lives are in the government’s hands, but we actually need to be patient and wait while the wheels of beaurocracy turn. I’m not saying  don’t call to inquire or don’t submit an online inquiry. I’m saying, don’t overdo it and call numerous times to check their story or needlessly worry about the length of time it is taking. Also, keep in mind that all of the calls and inquiries we make are actually causing unnecessary stress on you.

The reality is, the USCIS wait time is up to 18 months, that’s why the extension letters are now 18 months instead of 12. The reality is if you submit your application shortly before the expiration date of your green card, then it’s on you. It’s not the fault of the government.

4 hours ago, MariaRo said:

Hi, what's the phone number you called? I only have the 1800-375-5283 which is all automated.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
5 minutes ago, GreenGem said:

Hi, what's the phone number you called? I only have the 1800-375-5283 which is all automated.

Dial 1-800-375-5283

Press 1

Press 2, 2, 2 (three times)

N-400/Naturalization application

Spoiler

·         10/30/2019 - Filed N-400 Online - Case Was Received and A Receipt Notice Was Emailed

·         10/31/2019 - NOA 1 dated October 30 available online

·         11/02/2019 - Status Changed to Biometrics Appointment Was Scheduled

·         11/04/2019 - NOA 1 dated October 30 in the mail

·         11/04/2019 - Biometrics Appointment notice dated November 1 available online

·         11/08/2019 - Biometrics Appointment notice dated November 1 in the mail

·         11/21/2019 - Biometrics Appointment

·         11/21/2019 - Status Changed to Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

·         12/30/2019 - Status Changed to Interview Was Scheduled

·         12/31/2019 - Interview notice dated December 30 available online

·         01/06/2020 - Interview notice dated December 30 in the mail

·         02/06/2020 - Interview at local USCIS Office - APPROVED

·         02/06/2020 - Status Changed to Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled

·         02/12/2020 - Status Changed to Oath Ceremony Notice Was Mailed

·         02/13/2020 - Naturalization notice dated February 12 available online

·         02/18/2020 - Naturalization notice dated February 12 in the mail

·         03/11/2020 - Naturalization Ceremony - US CITIZEN!

·         03/11/2020 - Status Changed to Certificate Of Naturalization Was Issued

US Passport application

·         03/11/2020 - Applied for US Passport at local USPS with expedite service

·         03/16/2020 - Received email that Application is In Process

·         03/17/2020 - Check was cashed

·         03/23/2020 - Received email that Application is Approved

·         03/26/2020 - Received the Passport Book in the mail

·         03/27/2020 - Received the Certificate of Naturalization in the mail

5 minutes ago, alexpop13 said:

Dial 1-800-375-5283

Press 1

Press 2, 2, 2 (three times)

Awesome. Thanks for the tip. 

22 hours ago, MariaRo said:

I strongly believe that calling the USCIS as much as you want won't hurt you, but can actually help you to sort things out. Depending on the level your file is at. 

I remember our AOS,  we almost missed the final interview cos we didn't receive our appointment letter. Hopefully we made calls and info pass and we were surprised that our appointment was just few days away. We got our appointment date on a sticker from the info pass agent. If we just sat down and waited for this letter,  my spouse would be in trouble. 

Indeed many applicants get their file stuck for months and years just passively waiting,  missing to get letters and notices and not asking questions,  just waiting, too scared to fight with the government. 

Pressuring the government has shown efficiency in resolving and speeding a lot of cases. Many applicants finally got appointments or case approved after many calls and inquiries and info pass, reminding the uscis that they are still out there waiting. 

We are not that powerless. When government time is up and nothing is happening,  it's customer's moment to act. 

So if you believe you have a biometric appointment,  find out,  just get the date, you don't need the notice: call (ask to speak to a tier 2), info pass, in person at uscis local building...everything you can. 

Good luck. 

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 hours ago, Malauriea said:

I strongly believe that calling the USCIS as much as you want won't hurt you, but can actually help you to sort things out. Depending on the level your file is at. 

I remember our AOS,  we almost missed the final interview cos we didn't receive our appointment letter. Hopefully we made calls and info pass and we were surprised that our appointment was just few days away. We got our appointment date on a sticker from the info pass agent. If we just sat down and waited for this letter,  my spouse would be in trouble. 

Indeed many applicants get their file stuck for months and years just passively waiting,  missing to get letters and notices and not asking questions,  just waiting, too scared to fight with the government. 

Pressuring the government has shown efficiency in resolving and speeding a lot of cases. Many applicants finally got appointments or case approved after many calls and inquiries and info pass, reminding the uscis that they are still out there waiting. 

We are not that powerless. When government time is up and nothing is happening,  it's customer's moment to act. 

So if you believe you have a biometric appointment,  find out,  just get the date, you don't need the notice: call (ask to speak to a tier 2), info pass, in person at uscis local building...everything you can. 

Good luck. 

Malauriea,

What is your immigration situation? I looked for your timeline, but there isn’t one. Would you mind sharing your story? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hi everyone!

I received my first notification by text message and e-mail on October 17 and my extension letter was today in the mail!

I am with the Texas Service Center 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.