randrb

Chances of Mother & sister getting approved for Tourist Visa (from Morocco)

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

How good (or bad) do you think the chances are of my husband’s mother and sister getting approved to come to the US on Visitor’s Visas from Morocco???  My husband has a Green Card.

Mother:

*in her 60’s

*widowed for more than 20 years

* owns her own apartment

*doesn’t work

*doesn’t have a lot of money

Sister:

*in her late 20’s

*married (husband would stay in Morocco)

*rents an apartment with her husband 

*has kept the same job for more than 5 years

Edited by randrb

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

no to the sister at all / they will assume she will meet and marry a man here or has BF and will marry and AOS to stay

my mother in law applied in August and was denied September 5th and Adil has applied for citzenship

some of your ties to morocco are good like the job

but she doesn't own property 

my mother in law owned a house with her sisters and her own apartment and has a checking account 

husband and children staying behind (2 week vacation for the wife )  did not work for a Brazilian teacher /   husband a policeman

so, apply and see what CO says but you can not  support the Tourist visa application / u can , if given a visa, buy her ticket and support her living costs here

we have a friend in Nahvile whose parents are here on 2nd trip so none of us really know about the CO and what and why some approved and others turned away

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
22 hours ago, adil-rafa said:

no to the sister at all / they will assume she will meet and marry a man here or has BF and will marry and AOS to stay

my mother in law applied in August and was denied September 5th and Adil has applied for citzenship

some of your ties to morocco are good like the job

but she doesn't own property 

my mother in law owned a house with her sisters and her own apartment and has a checking account 

husband and children staying behind (2 week vacation for the wife )  did not work for a Brazilian teacher /   husband a policeman

so, apply and see what CO says but you can not  support the Tourist visa application / u can , if given a visa, buy her ticket and support her living costs here

we have a friend in Nahvile whose parents are here on 2nd trip so none of us really know about the CO and what and why some approved and others turned away

Unless the sister has an excellent paying job/career, a business, few properties, a husband and children who will stay back, I say it is almost impossible. Recently, parents have been denied despite strong ties to and in Morocco. Things have changed a great deal recently.

Honest-Love-Respect

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Sister is already married.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
On 10/2/2018 at 10:55 AM, Derik-Lina said:

Unless the sister has an excellent paying job/career, a business, few properties, a husband and children who will stay back, I say it is almost impossible. Recently, parents have been denied despite strong ties to and in Morocco. Things have changed a great deal recently.

that is why i included the info about the Brazilan woman

her sons were 8 and 17,  husband a policeman

she a teacher

owned propert in Brazil

they had even lived in Louisana 10 years before while he attended college

and still a tourist visa denied for a 2 week vacation

not the same as morocco, I know, but morocco denies almost all tourist visas

Edited by adil-rafa

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
12 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

that is why i included the info about the Brazilan woman

her sons were 8 and 17,  husband a policeman

she a teacher

owned propert in Brazil

they had even lived in Louisana 10 years before while he attended college

and still a tourist visa denied for a 2 week vacation

not the same as morocco, I know, but morocco denies almost all tourist visas

So true and sadly so. The fraudulent cases have made it impossible for the legit people.

Trust has been broken over and again :( 

Edited by Derik-Lina

Honest-Love-Respect

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.