DGF

I-130 September 2018 Filers

630 posts in this topic

23 minutes ago, amapru said:

Look at dates before/after the approved ones to get an idea of the dates that are actually approved. 

3D71B83E-1D8D-47F3-93E8-3EF7D44E0636.jpeg

9B04339D-45F2-4A03-A0EB-D48532C8583D.jpeg

62957E96-34FC-4A2E-AB28-924EAF520FC1.jpeg

Thank you so much! Good to know there's *some* activity going on at the USCIS offices.

CR1 Visa Timeline

Texas Service Center

10th August 2018: I-130 Petition Filed

15th August 2018: I-130 Payment taken

23rd August 2018: NOA1 Received

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Muna_93 said:

Thank you so much! Good to know there's *some* activity going on at the USCIS offices.

Too much activity wow look at all those petitions😳😳🤦🏽‍♀️

We are September 11 filers and our petitions were approved on January 22.  Our files were sent to NVC on January 31 but we have heard nothing since they received them on February 18.  Their phone lines are impossible to get through and I ask online at AskNVC about once a week.  I was so excited that USCIS only took 4 months but now it looks like they will make up for that at NVC.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
7 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

We are September 11 filers and our petitions were approved on January 22.  Our files were sent to NVC on January 31 but we have heard nothing since they received them on February 18.  Their phone lines are impossible to get through and I ask online at AskNVC about once a week.  I was so excited that USCIS only took 4 months but now it looks like they will make up for that at NVC.

Potomac service center. They are definitely moving right along...

13 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

Hey! Almost same situation here!! We are September 20th filers and our petition was approved on January 25th and it was sent to NVC on February 4th but after that we havent heard anything from NVC, we dont know if they received it already. 

4 minutes ago, Mike and Sheila said:

Hey! Almost same situation here!! We are September 20th filers and our petition was approved on January 25th and it was sent to NVC on February 4th but after that we havent heard anything from NVC, we dont know if they received it already. 

I guess we can both feel better that we aren't alone...nah, this stinks.  I just want to keep things moving.  I have not been able to get through one single time on the phone and AskNVC still gives stock answers.  They have received them but they are not in the system yet.  

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

17 hours ago, Allison1128 said:

I have the same question. I havent really seen any updates from the VJ timelines these days. Seems like the processing time gets slower and slower ....    

Did you file the i129f? I didn’t because I heard it’s the same processing and if you actually send it the priority 

date get pushed back further since it’ll give another priority date

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
4 hours ago, JadenL said:

Did you file the i129f? I didn’t because I heard it’s the same processing and if you actually send it the priority 

date get pushed back further since it’ll give another priority date

No I didn't cuz I heard the same thing. I was told it takes about the same time so it's meaningless to go through another complicated filing process....  I wish I did though because according to USCIS historical processing time i129f took only half the time of i130 processing time

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
6 hours ago, amapru said:

Look at dates before/after the approved ones to get an idea of the dates that are actually approved. 

3D71B83E-1D8D-47F3-93E8-3EF7D44E0636.jpeg

9B04339D-45F2-4A03-A0EB-D48532C8583D.jpeg

62957E96-34FC-4A2E-AB28-924EAF520FC1.jpeg

Thanks for sharing this good news. Hopefully April will be September filers' turn. 

1 hour ago, Allison1128 said:

No I didn't cuz I heard the same thing. I was told it takes about the same time so it's meaningless to go through another complicated filing process....  I wish I did though because according to USCIS historical processing time i129f took only half the time of i130 processing time

Same I wish I did. I wanted to send it last week but I’m afraid they’ll pushed my i130 even further to delay so I’ll just wait. Hopefully soon we hear from texas service center cause I last hear they approved July. Hopefully by April or May we get approved or rfe🙏🙏🙏

10 minutes ago, Dan & Jess said:

YAY!!! We received our NOA2 last Friday via mail. No update on USCIS website yet.

(NOA1 Sept. 10th, Texas Service Center)

If you got approved mine will be soon too🙏🙏🙏🙏 congratulations btw😁 I’m on texas service center as well🙏🙏🙏🙏 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
48 minutes ago, Dan & Jess said:

YAY!!! We received our NOA2 last Friday via mail. No update on USCIS website yet.

(NOA1 Sept. 10th, Texas Service Center)

That is amazing, congratulations! We haven't even seen any August approvals from TSC on here yet. Is the petitioner a citizen or LPR (since LPR petitions are being approved faster than citizens are right now)? 

I am not a lawyer and nothing I say is or should be taken as legal advice. 

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

Spoiler

Married: August 18th 2018

I-130 Sent: September 18th 2018

PD: September 20th 2018 TSC

NOA1 Received: October 5th 2018
Case Inquiry: July 13th 2019 

Case Inquiry Response: July 24th 2019 - in line for processing.

Escalated Case Inquiry: August 6th 2019 - tier 2 found that internal status was "in background check" despite results coming back 4 months prior.

Escalated Case Inquiry Response: August 7th 2019 - case was "delayed" because they had to "perform additional review" 🙄 case now with an officer.

NOA2: August 22nd 2019 (336 days)

Sent to DOS: September 5th 2019

NVC Received: September 13th 2019

Case Number: October 9th 2019

DS-260 Completed: October 28th 2019

NVC Docs Uploaded: October 29th 2019

DQ: December 18th 2019

Became IR1: August 18th 2020

IL: October 13th 2020

Interview: November 2nd 2020

Visa Received: November 5th 2020

POE: November 8th 2020

GC Received: January 23rd 2021

CR1/IR1 Montreal FAQ:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k927pE5wqzTN5n0lPYZ1JQxgbmnzmNWX5hSteyii0BY/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.