749 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, Srinath06 said:

suggest don't mention any to start with. based on what you said.. it will sure sounds like an engagement, photo's more questions... 

I agree @Srinath06, but I hve already mentioned abt it in the I-129 application & had provided copy of ring receipt. So it’s already out there . Will only tell if they ask but I hve to prepare him & get the photos ready too ( which we only have 2-3 photos 😂 of that day ) 

4 hours ago, ujones said:

Can I ask how many of you guys had a informal engagement with ring? We had a informal engagement , only our parents & siblings were there & he put a ring on me. But now I’m worrying if that’s going to be a problem at interview .. it was at my house no other ceremonies . 

Don't mention it and don't show pictures and it won't be a problem.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello,

I just recieved p4 of the instructions from the mumbai consulate for the interview...

what next steps I need to take ?

this letter informs about filling ds-160, getting medical and police clearance from regional passport office..

is there any other step Im missing out??

and what all documents I need to take apart from relationship proof???

also when can I schedule ny interview?? 

Edited by Kirankpan

1 hour ago, Kirankpan said:

Hello,

I just recieved p4 of the instructions from the mumbai consulate for the interview...

what next steps I need to take ?

this letter informs about filling ds-160, getting medical and police clearance from regional passport office..

is there any other step Im missing out??

and what all documents I need to take apart from relationship proof???

also when can I schedule ny interview?? 

@Kirankpan,complete DS160, pay fee , schedule for your biometrics & interview . Also schedule ur medical 2-3 weeks prior to interview date 

2 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

Don't mention it and don't show pictures and it won't be a problem.

@Greenbaum, the problem is I hve already put the word out on the letter I submitted with my I-129 application & a photo too. . But good thing is that there was no function, ceremony nothing . So I’ll just hve him show the 3 photos ( that’s all we hve ) we have if they ask. If they don’t ask then no worries 

Edited by ujones

Timeline
9 minutes ago, ujones said:

@Greenbaum, the problem is I hve already put the word out on the letter I submitted with my I-129 application & a photo too. . But good thing is that there was no function, ceremony nothing . So I’ll just hve him show the 3 photos ( that’s all we hve ) we have if they ask. If they don’t ask then no worries 

I have the same issue.. I had a roka party with close family and friends.. and we mentioned it in our petition.. now I’m curious as to will it cause any trouble?

Timeline

So Finally I got tym to write abt my interview exp...which got approved on 21 st of Feb...so here it is:)

...ALL started with my fiance coming here to India to be with me on interview day...she came here with connecting flight..
1. Her Air canada flight got delayed by 10 hrs..
2. Finally she got the flight next day ...and arrived New Delhi after a delay of 12 hrs
3. She got to knew at airport tht Air canada jus lost her baggage...
4. Thanks to her intelligence that she kept all our interview docs...(I 134, w2s..tax transcripts and paystubs in her hand bag n not in checked in baggage) phew...
5. We called up airlines several time to know abt the baggage ...bt no status till v reached mumbai on 21 st for interview.
6. I got her to shopping for her clothes as all her clothes were in lost baggage
7. We ( me my fiance n my daughter) reached Delhi airport on 20 th to go to mumbai...bt v missed our flight LOL...we booked next flight to mumbai n finally arrived mumbai on 20 th 5 hrs late..thn wat v expected....Till NOW evrything seemed Messed Up to us..
8. Finally at Hotel in mumbai v did a final check of all our documents and revised our interview questions
9. My fiance dint slept whole nite...i slept 2 hrs though
10 . We reached mumbai Consultate in morning around 6:20 am our interview tym was 7:15 am...my daughter was all sleepy lol..she is 4 yrs
11. Around 7 v wre in queue to enter consultate office...thr was one women who was checking apointment letter n letting us to go inside..
12. My turn came she asked me NVC letter..instead of appointment letter lol
Then she asked abt my fiance...i told her she is my fiance...she looked at me and said WHAT! ...I told her again she is my fiance ..she said she is ur fiance ...i said yes( i know why she was shocked bcz i was wit my daughter and my fiance is a woman...lol very complex for any Indian to understand this)
13. I went inside two more women who wre checking my docs asked abt my fiance n gave same reaction lol
14. Finally i got token no. 232.. Me ,My fiance and my daughter three of us waited together for like 3 hrs..finally my token called up and i went to counter to submit my docs...my fiance came wit me to the counter carrying my daughter in her arms...bcz my daughter was all sleepy till den
15. There was an Indian women at counter she looked at me and my fiance..i told her hi..and tht she is my fiance...she gave a wide smile...she was all nice to us...
She asked few questions ..first she asked to submit all my docs...n saw my orignal docs...then she asked my fiances docs like I134..W2 and paystubs...which my fiance gave herself to her..she asked me wen did i got divorced...then asked me if my fiance is divorced too and then asked me if my fiance hav a child too...i replied yes then she asked me what is her name and age
She was all happy n smiling constantly ...finally she handed me a domestic violence pamphlet...and at the same time she said sorry to my faince and laughed a lil :)
All done then v started waiting for interview...around after one hr we wre called up for interview
There was another woman..me my fiance and my daughter v went to interview counter all together...she asked below questions:
1. Who is calling you
2. How u met
3. When you first met
Then few questions abt my daughter 
Then she asked for any photo albums v hav..
I showed her two albums...one prepared by me and one by my fiance ..she opened up and saw n to few of pics she pointed wats going on here
4. Then she turned to my fiance n started asking her few questions which was lil unexpected
5. She asked why she dint chose any American woman . .LOL
She replied tht she dint find anyone thr in america with similar mindset as hers
Then she asked her wat happen to her first marriage
Thatss all  she smiled and said v r approved...Yayyyyy...
Interview hardly lasted 5 min...

47 minutes ago, Knome said:

So Finally I got tym to write abt my interview exp...which got approved on 21 st of Feb...so here it is:)

...ALL started with my fiance coming here to India to be with me on interview day...she came here with connecting flight..
1. Her Air canada flight got delayed by 10 hrs..
2. Finally she got the flight next day ...and arrived New Delhi after a delay of 12 hrs
3. She got to knew at airport tht Air canada jus lost her baggage...
4. Thanks to her intelligence that she kept all our interview docs...(I 134, w2s..tax transcripts and paystubs in her hand bag n not in checked in baggage) phew...
5. We called up airlines several time to know abt the baggage ...bt no status till v reached mumbai on 21 st for interview.
6. I got her to shopping for her clothes as all her clothes were in lost baggage
7. We ( me my fiance n my daughter) reached Delhi airport on 20 th to go to mumbai...bt v missed our flight LOL...we booked next flight to mumbai n finally arrived mumbai on 20 th 5 hrs late..thn wat v expected....Till NOW evrything seemed Messed Up to us..
8. Finally at Hotel in mumbai v did a final check of all our documents and revised our interview questions
9. My fiance dint slept whole nite...i slept 2 hrs though
10 . We reached mumbai Consultate in morning around 6:20 am our interview tym was 7:15 am...my daughter was all sleepy lol..she is 4 yrs
11. Around 7 v wre in queue to enter consultate office...thr was one women who was checking apointment letter n letting us to go inside..
12. My turn came she asked me NVC letter..instead of appointment letter lol
Then she asked abt my fiance...i told her she is my fiance...she looked at me and said WHAT! ...I told her again she is my fiance ..she said she is ur fiance ...i said yes( i know why she was shocked bcz i was wit my daughter and my fiance is a woman...lol very complex for any Indian to understand this)
13. I went inside two more women who wre checking my docs asked abt my fiance n gave same reaction lol
14. Finally i got token no. 232.. Me ,My fiance and my daughter three of us waited together for like 3 hrs..finally my token called up and i went to counter to submit my docs...my fiance came wit me to the counter carrying my daughter in her arms...bcz my daughter was all sleepy till den
15. There was an Indian women at counter she looked at me and my fiance..i told her hi..and tht she is my fiance...she gave a wide smile...she was all nice to us...
She asked few questions ..first she asked to submit all my docs...n saw my orignal docs...then she asked my fiances docs like I134..W2 and paystubs...which my fiance gave herself to her..she asked me wen did i got divorced...then asked me if my fiance is divorced too and then asked me if my fiance hav a child too...i replied yes then she asked me what is her name and age
She was all happy n smiling constantly ...finally she handed me a domestic violence pamphlet...and at the same time she said sorry to my faince and laughed a lil :)
All done then v started waiting for interview...around after one hr we wre called up for interview
There was another woman..me my fiance and my daughter v went to interview counter all together...she asked below questions:
1. Who is calling you
2. How u met
3. When you first met
Then few questions abt my daughter 
Then she asked for any photo albums v hav..
I showed her two albums...one prepared by me and one by my fiance ..she opened up and saw n to few of pics she pointed wats going on here
4. Then she turned to my fiance n started asking her few questions which was lil unexpected
5. She asked why she dint chose any American woman . .LOL
She replied tht she dint find anyone thr in america with similar mindset as hers
Then she asked her wat happen to her first marriage
Thatss all  she smiled and said v r approved...Yayyyyy...
Interview hardly lasted 5 min...

@Knome,Thankyou for such detailed review &congratulations on approval. I’m very happy for you both. It’s amazing that co didn’t even ask that many questions. I bet your fiancé had front loaded the application that CO was convinced of the genuineness of ur relationship. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, ujones said:

@Knome,Thankyou for such detailed review &congratulations on approval. I’m very happy for you both. It’s amazing that co didn’t even ask that many questions. I bet your fiancé had front loaded the application that CO was convinced of the genuineness of ur relationship. 

Thanks a lot ! @ujones And yeah v did spent lots of efforts in putting together I129 f petition ... N yes v did felt like this interview was jus a formality ...thy were already convinced ..as v saw all other ppl thr at interview being grilled for 30-45 min ...

Btw..All the very best for ur interview as well...

PS: that Fab hotel sucked...not tht good bt it was very near to embassy

4 minutes ago, Knome said:

Thanks a lot ! @ujones And yeah v did spent lots of efforts in putting together I129 f petition ... N yes v did felt like this interview was jus a formality ...thy were already convinced ..as v saw all other ppl thr at interview being grilled for 30-45 min ...

Btw..All the very best for ur interview as well...

PS: that Fab hotel sucked...not tht good bt it was very near to embassy

Thankyou. I’m flying this Saturday & ours is on 7th. We r staying at BKC not sure how that would be . Oh wanted to ask you hve you guys had any informal engagement or ring ? If so did u show any pics of that ?

Edited by ujones

Timeline
1 minute ago, ujones said:

Thankyou. I’m flying this Saturday & ours is on 7th. We r staying at BKC not sure how that would be . 

Thts awesome..u wud b thr wit ur fiance...It actually really helped a lot and boosted my confidence as well wen my fiance was thr standing next to me :)

I hope tht hotel is good... Good luck with that 

4 minutes ago, Knome said:

Thts awesome..u wud b thr wit ur fiance...It actually really helped a lot and boosted my confidence as well wen my fiance was thr standing next to me :)

I hope tht hotel is good... Good luck with that 

@Knome, did you show any engagement pics ? Or ring exchange pictures ?

Timeline
3 minutes ago, ujones said:

@Knome, did you show any engagement pics ? Or ring exchange pictures ?

Yes we actually exchanged couple rings on our vacation to thailand last year...v put those pics in our petition as well as in our photo album and she did pointed those pics in photo album n asked me ..."Can you describe wats going on in these pics? lol

i told her v exchanged rings on our vacation to thailand 

She was smiling

However i hav read a few times tht thy r doubtful abt engagement pics...thinking those r actually marriage pics

But our case was diff bcz same sex marriages are not allowed in india so thr is no question of already being married

Just now, ujones said:

@KnomeI promise you won’t keep bothering you 😂.. but one more doubt. Did they take all 3yrs tax returns or just recent one ? 

@ujones I only submitted by 2017 tax receipt from IRS and submitted wage & income transcripts for 2017 and 2016.

so if u have 3yrs, that's fine. if not.. just 2017 and income n wage transcripts.. question in here is. they like to see the income... not you paid IRS or not.. so as long as u submit some kinda of info like wage & income transcripts at 2 yrs, 2017 tax IRS receipt not 1040 and paystubs. that will do.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.