Naes

San Fernando Valley Filers 2018

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

Hi everyone!

As San Fernando Valley is not in the list of field offices on visa journey timeline, it is hard to find process information on it. 

(From the posts of fellow vj members it looks like they are around July to October 2017 filers at the moment)

just checking to see if there are any other out there? 

SFV field office looks pretty backlogged so there should be someone around here...

(If you’re not sure and from Santa Barbara, Ventura, Oxnard and north LA there is a chance that you are. You can check your field office on uscis web site)

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline
On 3/12/2019 at 2:01 PM, Gc2018 said:

Hi Naes, 

good to see a San Fernando valley filer in this forum.

I applied for marriage based AOS April 2018, no interview notice yet.

have you had your interview yet ? When is your priority date?

Hi, 

I also applied AOS late March 2018 after married.  I came with K1 Visa. I am still waiting for the interview at San Fernando Valley office. I received EAD and AP on August 2018 . When should I renew this combo card few months before August?. And what's the requirement for renewing EAD and AP?. Thank you 

On 4/9/2019 at 12:08 AM, JloveN said:

Hi, 

I also applied AOS late March 2018 after married.  I came with K1 Visa. I am still waiting for the interview at San Fernando Valley office. I received EAD and AP on August 2018 . When should I renew this combo card few months before August?. And what's the requirement for renewing EAD and AP?. Thank you 

Hi,

I think that you need to apply for it 180 days before the expiration date; to be on the safe side.

I don’t know the requirements for the new EAD, sorry.

please share your interview date once you receive one, to keep updated about the processing time these days.

I’ll share mine too once I receive it.

good luck

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

Hey guys,

We filed on January 2018 and just got our interview notice yesterday. Our interview is scheduled in May at SFV office. It took us 16 months from filing to the interview. So I guess USCIS processing time info was pretty much accurate for our case.

Hope my timeline helps!

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone..

Are any of you AOS filers from San Fernando Valley still waiting on interview dates?

I applied in December 2018; still no EAD/AP or AOS interview.

I've noticed that SFV office seems to be one of the longest wait times in the whole of USA 🤨

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
17 hours ago, Joe_UK said:

Hi everyone..

Are any of you AOS filers from San Fernando Valley still waiting on interview dates?

I applied in December 2018; still no EAD/AP or AOS interview.

I've noticed that SFV office seems to be one of the longest wait times in the whole of USA 🤨

Hi @Joe_UK,

Yes! We're still waiting for an interview. Our status has been "Ready to Schedule" since August 13, 2018. It's such a long wait. @mitsuwa mentioned that they finally got their interview 16 months after filing. Did you file for an EAD/AP combo card? 

K1 Visa approved: 3/20/18

AOS Filed: 5/23/18

NOA: 5/31/18

Biometrics: 6/20/18

Request to Expedite EAD: 6/21/18

• Combo Card received in mail: 7/18/18

AOS "Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview": 8/13/18

Combo Card renewal sent: 5/13/19

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

I got the interview letter last month. So, it took 14 to 15 months of waiting to get the AOS interview letter. And Today, July 3rd I just had an interview at San Fernando Valley office.The officer are nice. Most of the questions is about our relationship. After we've done with interview, she said she just needs to clear /complete the background check before sending approval. 

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi All, my status changed to ‘Interview was Scheduled’ today at the San Fernando office, I’ll update you with the date of my interview when I get the letter. NOA was June 18, 2018. Good luck all, I know we’ve all been handed a bad office with wait times! 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
8 hours ago, Ludovic UK said:

Hi All, my status changed to ‘Interview was Scheduled’ today at the San Fernando office, I’ll update you with the date of my interview when I get the letter. NOA was June 18, 2018. Good luck all, I know we’ve all been handed a bad office with wait times! 

I’m so happy for you!!!

we just moved to NJ after I got my EAD and just got my green card in the mail yesterday actually!

it was easy, it will end without you even realize it! My husband was asking “when will the real questions start?” At the interview 😂

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

I just received an update today that my i-485 is "Ready to be scheduled for an interview"

For everyone who has had interviews at San Fernando Valley; how long did you wait from this update to the date of your interview?

Still no update on EAD/AP; 268 days waiting. Case inquiry submitted but not processed 🙄

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

I filed my AOS in September 2019... Im curious how long it took for your interview date, from date of filing. 

It seems like it takes about a year, if not longer, at San Fernando Valley... just curious what timeline to expect. 

Thanks.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.