Eve81

What if they lost our papers?

41 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

We filed our papers in January 2018 and we got the NOA1 on january 29. Lots of people from around the same date got already their NOA2, RFEs and even the whole approval. We got nothing, simply nothing. So we are starting to worry they lost our papers. Does anybody has an idea what we need to do? How to contact USCIS, and if they lost it, do we have to start all over..? After 5 years of living apart, we were so much looking forward to finally be together every day... And now... well, it doesn't look like it's going to be soon.

Thanks

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I doubt they lost your stuff. Its a waiting game. after day 225 you can file an inquiry or have a congressman inquire for you. 

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

Timeline
2 minutes ago, debbiedoo said:

I doubt they lost your stuff. Its a waiting game. after day 225 you can file an inquiry or have a congressman inquire for you. 

I so much hope it's just that. Waiting and waiting. It just freaks me out when you get all these positive timeline emails from other people, and you get nothing. People that got their NOA1 3 days before us, already had the NOA2 end july and are completely approved since sept 4. So it makes you think something went really wrong.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Eve81 said:

I so much hope it's just that. Waiting and waiting. It just freaks me out when you get all these positive timeline emails from other people, and you get nothing. People that got their NOA1 3 days before us, already had the NOA2 end july and are completely approved since sept 4. So it makes you think something went really wrong.

theres people from last year that are still waiting for NOA2. 

as hard as it is, you cant compare how long your case takes to a very small sampling of how long other cases take. 

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

Timeline
4 minutes ago, debbiedoo said:

theres people from last year that are still waiting for NOA2. 

as hard as it is, you cant compare how long your case takes to a very small sampling of how long other cases take. 

What's the end date you can wait for. Otherwise you can be waiting for 2 years and still not get a NOA2. Is the 225 days after NOA1 to send in the inquiry, or call them up to know, the only way how you can know if they actually still need to look at it?

As noted, contact them and ask. They have lost or forgotten paperwork before, but this is not a likely scenario. More likely it’s just bad luck compared to others who filed around you.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Just hang in there...you can submit an inquiry or contact your congressman. I didn’t have success with either unfortunately and had to wait over 400 days for an RFE finally. Every case is different but definitely keep being the squeaky wheel and eventually you’ll get an answer. Hang in there!

Timeline
Just now, KBA said:

Just hang in there...you can submit an inquiry or contact your congressman. I didn’t have success with either unfortunately and had to wait over 400 days for an RFE finally. Every case is different but definitely keep being the squeaky wheel and eventually you’ll get an answer. Hang in there!

That's more than a year! 😮 You hung in there because you knew they still had your papers...? The inquiry and congress man told? Or did you just knew nothing, waiting and hoping something would ever come out of it...

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Maeph said:

I guess U need to call USCIS already coz your outside normal processing time already...you can inquire now coz receipt date is already February 13 in USCIS.

My man just called and they just give the same answer like what the website says. Maybe he is calling the wrong number

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Eve81 said:

That's more than a year! 😮 You hung in there because you knew they still had your papers...? The inquiry and congress man told? Or did you just knew nothing, waiting and hoping something would ever come out of it...

I did a lot of inquiries, called, went to the field office, had my congresswoman call and I submitted a case to the Ombudsman. The response we kept getting was that the security checks were still pending. It wasn’t until we filed a lawsuit that we received the RFE

Timeline
2 minutes ago, KBA said:

I did a lot of inquiries, called, went to the field office, had my congresswoman call and I submitted a case to the Ombudsman. The response we kept getting was that the security checks were still pending. It wasn’t until we filed a lawsuit that we received the RFE

My man just called. They say it's pending in Cali and they can not give us more info. We have to wait for the inquiry... So let's wait until sept 26 and see what they say then

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.