ramu2012

N-400 September 2018 Filers

510 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Jerry and Elena said:

My interview scheduled on April 22 :dance: Denver office. Applied online 09.07.18,  had I-751 transferred to NBC on 12.21.18. Hopefully it will be interview for both my cases, going to call to USCIS to make sure they are aware.

Hi, I think as it went to the NBC office you will get the combo interview, but I agree calling USCIS and making sure they are aware is a smart move!  Also did you get notice that your case ever moved from NBC to the Denver local office?  Or did you just get an interview notice in the mail/online?  You have the most similar timeline as us, applied online 09.25.18,  had I-751 transferred to NBC on 12.21.18, and local office is Denver.  Congrats and good luck with everything, hope to be following closely behind you:)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, Pasquel said:

Hi, I think as it went to the NBC office you will get the combo interview, but I agree calling USCIS and making sure they are aware is a smart move!  Also did you get notice that your case ever moved from NBC to the Denver local office?  Or did you just get an interview notice in the mail/online?  You have the most similar timeline as us, applied online 09.25.18,  had I-751 transferred to NBC on 12.21.18, and local office is Denver.  Congrats and good luck with everything, hope to be following closely behind you:)

4 hours ago, Jerry and Elena said:

My interview scheduled on April 22 :dance: Denver office. Applied online 09.07.18,  had I-751 transferred to NBC on 12.21.18. Hopefully it will be interview for both my cases, going to call to USCIS to make sure they are aware.

your interview schedule in Denver office gives me joy, I am around the same timeline as you .. wohoo!!!

My husband’s interview was this morning (approved) at Portland USCIS office and we are currently sitting in the waiting area before the ceremony! Our visa journey is finally complete. :)

-Christopher (P/USC)

Removal of Conditions Timeline

• 11 SEPTEMBER 2017 (MONDAY) - FILE I-751 TO CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
22 hours ago, Pasquel said:

Hi! Thank you!:) Yes, it is usually what suppose to happen, but I seen some cases when after successful N400 interview, IO sent a person back to wait for i751 interview because  uscis was not ready. So I prefer to check on them;)  so far I got interview notice only online, before that I had transfer to NBC notice, that's all. Thank you! Wish you quick and easy last step of your immigration process!:) Good luck everybody!

event.png

3 hours ago, Aaron Rodgers said:

Got the interview letter today. Applying on the 5 year rule.

Does the IO have the right to dig into why we got divorced and start a whole another rant again . Just like they did on my first adjustment of stratus interview?

From what my lawyer told me - NO. they can ask why you got divorced thats all.

That is the reason I withdrawal my petition for N400 two years ago when I first applied under 3 y rule.

38 minutes ago, Aaron Rodgers said:

Did u interviewed for NATURALIZATION yet?

first time two years ago. after i passed the test they started asking questions about marriage. after one hour of questioning they sent me home with a list of additional pprwkr. I sent all they wanted in 2 weeks. Year later they called for another interview.

At that point lawyer said lets just withdraw pettition and reapply under 5 y ear rule it will be easier. I did it, they sent letter they accepted it and letting me know to apply in the future again.

8 minutes ago, spring333 said:

first time two years ago. after i passed the test they started asking questions about marriage. after one hour of questioning they sent me home with a list of additional pprwkr. I sent all they wanted in 2 weeks. Year later they called for another interview.

At that point lawyer said lets just withdraw pettition and reapply under 5 y ear rule it will be easier. I did it, they sent letter they accepted it and letting me know to apply in the future again.

Did u had your lawyer present with u in the first interview?

I'm trying to see if a lawyer is needed in the interview 

Edited by Aaron Rodgers

55 minutes ago, Aaron Rodgers said:

Did u had your lawyer present with u in the first interview?

I'm trying to see if a lawyer is needed in the interview 

Not first time. Now yes. 

1 hour ago, spring333 said:

Nope 

What kind of questions did they ask you? What did you take in, in terms of evidence? I don't understand why they didn't approve you on the spot? I don't think you could have had an I751 pending as 2 years ago they were a lot faster. 

14 hours ago, ordjnb said:

What kind of questions did they ask you? What did you take in, in terms of evidence? I don't understand why they didn't approve you on the spot? I don't think you could have had an I751 pending as 2 years ago they were a lot faster. 

Ok long story short, when I filed to remove condition they called us for another interview. separated us and asked same questions. We did ok. 9 months later they sent me new permanent green card. since i was waiting that long i was able to apply under 3 y rule. Sent all pprwk they requested. went there, passed the test, then they started asking questions, from the moment i got my tourist visa, why i came here, where did i live, how i met my wife, where did we live, where we live, why this why that, checked all pictures, all taxes... It was one hour of questioning about everything. at the end he told me he could not make decision and gave me a list of additional pprwkr to send in a month. he asked for pprwk from police that we are not arrested, from the court that we have no cases, from social office that we dont use public benefits, her lease agreements from 2010 and 2011 (remind you i met her 2012 LOL), phone statemetns to see how much we call each other,  health and dental insurance statement to see taht we both use insurance and many more that i cannot remember now, it was 2 yrs ago. We collected ALL paperwork they asked for. Nothing was off. All pprrks was totally fine. 

Year later i received letter from uscis, i was hoping that was an oath ceremony letter but it was a letter for another interview LOL 

At that point my lawyer said lets withdraw this petition, you can reapply in just 3 months under 5 y rule and all those marriage questions will go away under this rule. i did so. thats it

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.