MK_25

I-130 Filers August 2018 [merged threads]

1,255 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Nebraska filer still waiting. PD 8/20/19 my timeline now estimates mid-late July. Was hoping to go home (currently living overseas) by the end of the year, but as the days drag on that looks like less and less of a possibility 

There has been a lot of discussion on the Nebraska thread about contacting senators and congress representatives in our states about the amount of time that it is taking Nebraska compared to Potomac and Texas. It feels like we’ve just been left behind. 

54 minutes ago, Jessica and Ne said:

Nebraska filer still waiting. PD 8/20/19 my timeline now estimates mid-late July. Was hoping to go home (currently living overseas) by the end of the year, but as the days drag on that looks like less and less of a possibility 

There has been a lot of discussion on the Nebraska thread about contacting senators and congress representatives in our states about the amount of time that it is taking Nebraska compared to Potomac and Texas. It feels like we’ve just been left behind. 

My husband contacted the Senator in his state and he said the Secretary replied to his email saying USCIS responded to their query and imformed them that June this year they will be starting to process the cases of August filers. I hope though that's true.  Nebraska isn't really moving, seems like they are still stuck while Potomac is now processing 2019 cases. 

On 4/18/2019 at 4:33 AM, JeffXiad said:

My husband contacted the Senator in his state and he said the Secretary replied to his email saying USCIS responded to their query and imformed them that June this year they will be starting to process the cases of August filers. I hope though that's true.  Nebraska isn't really moving, seems like they are still stuck while Potomac is now processing 2019 cases. 

All this time, I still can’t process in my head how the petitions get distributed and why the service centers don’t work at the same pace. There is a major lack in management going on here. How can a petition be approved from 2019 at one center and a Aug petition has to wait until June? In my opinion, once these Nebraska petitions are approved, they should be expedited right past NVC. It should be an actual mandatory thing since they made everyone wait so long. I am here to waiting for an update on my RFE response. Fingers continue to be crossed for everyone especially NSV filers. 🤞🏼🤞🏼

Received the RFE today, they are requesting me to submit a photocopy of the original marriage certificate.

Which is better to send a copy or a photocopy of my Philippine Statistic Authority Marriage Certificate?I have 3 copies on hand.

9 minutes ago, Mirage11 said:

Received the RFE today, they are requesting me to submit a photocopy of the original marriage certificate.

Which is better to send a copy or a photocopy of my Philippine Statistic Authority Marriage Certificate?I have 3 copies on hand.

Did you not submit a copy of your marriage certificate with the original petition?

CR1 Visa Timeline

Texas Service Center

10th August 2018: I-130 Petition Filed

15th August 2018: I-130 Payment taken

23rd August 2018: NOA1 Received

I sent the Local Registry Marriage certificate together with the 130 Form when I filed the petition.The PSA marriage certificate is only available 6-8 months after the wedding.I just got a copy of my PSA marriage certificate few weeks ago.They are only asking me for the marriage certificate, in your opinion do I still need to provide supporting documents? Thank you.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
30 minutes ago, Mirage11 said:

I sent the Local Registry Marriage certificate together with the 130 Form when I filed the petition.The PSA marriage certificate is only available 6-8 months after the wedding.I just got a copy of my PSA marriage certificate few weeks ago.They are only asking me for the marriage certificate, in your opinion do I still need to provide supporting documents? Thank you.

What supporting documents were you referring to? 

I think you should send exactly what they listed on your RFE letter. 

On 4/18/2019 at 6:36 PM, Jessica and Ne said:

When we submitted our petition we sent the original copy of our marriage certificate from PSA. But if they are asking for a photocopy then maybe you should only send a photocopy. 

Question...am I supposed to receive some type of update from  TSC confirming they received  my response to RFE? Just curious...

NOA2 on Tuesday, April 16th. Looks like they updated the website on Tuesday, April 23rd (Today), but they said the case was sent out to the Department of State yesterday. Will report back when I get the NVC letter.

Friday, August 10th, 2018 - Mailed I-130

Friday, August 24th, 2018 - Remailed I-130

Wednesday, August 29th, 2018 - Available for Pickup

Wednesday, August 29th, 2018 - Picked up

Friday, August 31st, 2018 - Payment Accepted

Tuesday, September 4th, 2018 - NOA1

Tuesday, April 16th, 2019 - NOA2 (USPS Mail)

Monday, April 22nd, 2019 - Sent to USCIS (Status Available Online)

Monday, May 20th, 2019 - NVC Case Number Generated

Monday, May 20th, 2019 - AOS/IV Paid

Wednesday, May 22nd, 2019 - Payment Received

Monday, June 3rd, 2019 - Documents Submitted

Thursday, June 20th, 2019 - (RFE) Issues with Documents

Thursday, June 27th, 2019 - Documents Re-submitted

Friday, July 19th, 2019 - Documents Qualified

Monday, August 19th, 2019 - Interview Letter
Tuesday, September 3rd, 2019 - Interview Date

Friday, September 6th, 2019 - Visa Pickup From Document Service Center

257 days and counting...anyone else in the same boat? The case number right before ours was sent an RFE today soooo hopefully we're next in line..

CR1 Visa Timeline

Texas Service Center

10th August 2018: I-130 Petition Filed

15th August 2018: I-130 Payment taken

23rd August 2018: NOA1 Received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.