1,373 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline

Just to let you know guys, I sent the paperwork on August 28 arriving August 30. On September 5 I got the emails. My case status on USCIS website were:

• I-485: Fingerprint Fee Was Received (September 4)
  • I-765: Case Was Received (August 30)
  • I-131: Case Was Received (August 30)

I don't really care how long the I-485 takes to be processed, it's the EAD what makes me a little anxious. At least they put it in the system right away...

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Daniel P said:

Just to let you know guys, I sent the paperwork on August 28 arriving August 30. On September 5 I got the emails. My case status on USCIS website were:

• I-485: Fingerprint Fee Was Received (September 4)
  • I-765: Case Was Received (August 30)
  • I-131: Case Was Received (August 30)

I don't really care how long the I-485 takes to be processed, it's the EAD what makes me a little anxious. At least they put it in the system right away...

Thank you for the info!! I am getting anxious.. it looks like 4-5 months is the norm.. hope it just doesn't get bad.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Naes said:

Thank you for the info!! I am getting anxious.. it looks like 4-5 months is the norm.. hope it just doesn't get bad.

That's what I hope! Don't worry, you'll most likely get the emails next Monday 🤞

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
On 9/7/2018 at 10:50 PM, Daniel P said:

That's what I hope! Don't worry, you'll most likely get the emails next Monday 🤞

Our packet was delivered on Sat. 9/1 and our check appears to have been cashed on Friday 9/7. No texts or emails yet though.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Jessica829 said:

Our packet was delivered on Sat. 9/1 and our check appears to have been cashed on Friday 9/7. No texts or emails yet though.

Ok now I'm sure there is a problem with my package... check hasn't been cashed even though the package arrived on August 31... 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
Just now, Naes said:

Ok now I'm sure there is a problem with my package... check hasn't been cashed even though the package arrived on August 31... 

I wouldn't worry. Knowing USCIS they put the Saturday packets on top of the Friday packets in their inbox when they started work on Tuesday. :) 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Jessica829 said:

I wouldn't worry. Knowing USCIS they put the Saturday packets on top of the Friday packets in their inbox when they started work on Tuesday. :) 

I really really do hope so.. I wouldn't expect this part of the wait to be this exhausting...

Timeline

I just got the hard copies, so 13 days since I sent the package, 11 days since they received it. The three of them has August 30th as the received date, so I guess I'm an August filer after all…

Timeline
28 minutes ago, Naes said:

Could it be that it's taking longer because you used a check and it just takes longer to be cashed? In my case I used a money order, that is already pre-paid, that may be why

Edited by Daniel P

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Daniel P said:

Could it be that it's taking longer because you used a check and it just takes longer to be cashed? In my case I used a money order, that is already pre-paid, that may be why

I have no clue. But it was a cashiers check so it works with the same logic, it is prepaid....

I am literally just waiting my rejected package at this moment. although I went through it 100s of times already and have no clue why it could have happen..

Timeline
1 minute ago, Naes said:

I have no clue. But it was a cashiers check so it works with the same logic, it is prepaid....

I am literally just waiting my rejected package at this moment. although I went through it 100s of times already and have no clue why it could have happen..

Give it some more days, it's probably still waiting in the same box with all the cases received along the long weekend

Timeline
1 minute ago, Daniel P said:

Give it some more days, it's probably still waiting in the same box with all the cases received along the long weekend

Fingers crossed. It looks like they are still putting some cases from last week of august into the system so far mixed with ones dated up to September 6 (Yes yes I know I am going crazy again with number but I won't.. just checking to see how far they're going and if I'm screwed...) 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Naes said:

Fingers crossed. It looks like they are still putting some cases from last week of august into the system so far mixed with ones dated up to September 6 (Yes yes I know I am going crazy again with number but I won't.. just checking to see how far they're going and if I'm screwed...) 

It's probably fine then. We'll have more apportunities to go crazy in the next months, save it for then 😅

53 minutes ago, Naes said:

I'm on the same boat as you, kind of freaking out at this point I mailed our package on 30th  and it got their on the 31st but the checks have not been cashed yet, I just hope I get something soon! this is honestly really stressful...  

Edited by SanaW

Hey guys I’m a august filler tho September filler too i think just wanted chime in and say dont worry cause i sent my package august 23 got there 24 th and it took them 7 business days to send me my emails my noa came on saturday and some are dated august 24 and 2 re dated sept 4. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.