Greenbaum

September 2018 NOA2 ----> NVC

2,090 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Jack & Samantha said:

Our NOA2 arrived yesterday dated 31st august. Not the 4th sept like we were notified. i am correct in saying that this is our actual date that we received and use? 

It may be a silly question i know, just wondering when to call NVC. Thanks

Yes, you use the date on your I-797

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

We got our hard copy noa2 today, and only got our approval notification yesterday! Much quicker than expected. And the date is sep 5, not 6 like the website says. How unusual for the uscis to be inconsistent 😂

Met: Aug 12, 2016 in San Diego

I129F Sent: Feb 25, 2018

NOA1: Feb 27, 2018

NOA 2: Sep 5, 2018

NVC Number Received: Sep 24, 2018

File Received at US Embassy London: 

Medical Date: October 24th 2018

Interview Date: November 13th 2018

Approved!

event.png

Timeline

Has anyone else started filling out DS-160? 

I feel like I am way more confused by it than I should be.

Any help or tips?

5 hours ago, Bambi_Eyes9390 said:

Any help or tips?

Here is a good primer for completing the DS-160. http://www.visajourney.com/content/ds-160-help-and-frequently-asked-questions-faqs Also, I have these two from two Embassy's. The DS-160 is the same for most Embassy's. When you are filling it out for your country only country specific questions may appear. So if the example doesn't show it, that goes for all links I share here with you, then don't panic as it isn't a requirement for your country.

https://jp.usembassy.gov/visas/faq-list/ceac-ds160-form/

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

NOA2: Sept 6th. No hard copy yet. Fiancee is done with DS-160 and is going to find out if she needs the NVC case number in order to schedule her medical on Monday. She's been super awesome and proactive with everything, doing tons of research and gathering all her paperwork. When I told her we were approved, she asked if the I-134 was in the mail yet, in a very serious tone, then bust up laughing. 😂 We want this next phase to be as short and painless as possible.

Timeline
9 hours ago, Bambi_Eyes9390 said:

Any help or tips?

Let me know what your questions are, it’s not simple for sure!!! Nothing is 🙄 just DM me x

Met: Aug 12, 2016 in San Diego

I129F Sent: Feb 25, 2018

NOA1: Feb 27, 2018

NOA 2: Sep 5, 2018

NVC Number Received: Sep 24, 2018

File Received at US Embassy London: 

Medical Date: October 24th 2018

Interview Date: November 13th 2018

Approved!

event.png

19 hours ago, Bambi_Eyes9390 said:

Any help or tips?

The links that gave you will help if used. The DS-160 is a simple form to fill out. There are only a couple of questions that throw people off. I'll list them below with their answer. 

Part 1 Question 10

If yes, that says USCIS online account number. 

If you have processed any other applications through USCIS online (K1 you can't do, they mean any other petition for another person), then you would put your account number there.

Most processing their first petition would not have a USCIS online account number.

Part 1 Question 10 is not your WAC# or your NVC case #. You would leave it blank.

I forgot what question this is but here is the answer. Just tie it back to a question that is similar.

The key word is FILED. Not approved or completed. So has anyone ever FILED for you besides your current petitioner (in this case,  you = beneficiary). If so YES, if not NO. Most answer it NO as they have never had a case FILED for them prior to their current petitioner.

You should have the following documents available while you complete your DS-160:

• Passport
  • Travel itinerary, if you have already made travel arrangements.
  • Dates of your last five visits or trips to the United States, if you have previously travelled to the United States. You may also be asked for your international travel history for the past five years. 
  • Résumé or Curriculum Vitae - You may be required to provide information about your current and previous education and work history. 
  • Other Information - Some applicants, depending on the intended purpose of travel, will be asked to provide additional information when completing the DS-160.

Question #38

In the new revised I-134 form dated 2018 - Question #38 now regards contributions.  You leave the yes/no boxes "unchecked" and your explanation is submitted in Part 7 on page 8 of the new form.  

You will do this:

3.a. "Page 4"

3.b. "Part Number 3"

3.c. "Item Number 38"

3.d. "N/A (K1 Visa Process For Permanent Residence)"

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
1 hour ago, Greenbaum said:

Question #38

In the new revised I-134 form dated 2018 - Question #38 now regards contributions.  You leave the yes/no boxes "unchecked" and your explanation is submitted in Part 7 on page 8 of the new form.  

You will do this:

3.a. "Page 4"

3.b. "Part Number 3"

3.c. "Item Number 38"

Oh, this is interesting. I might have to revise my form. I was instructed to check "intend" and then write in section 7, "I intend to provide room, board, clothing, money and all other needs for this person indefinitely."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline
2 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

The links that gave you will help if used. The DS-160 is a simple form to fill out. There are only a couple of questions that throw people off. I'll list them below with their answer. 

Part 1 Question 10

If yes, that says USCIS online account number. 

If you have processed any other applications through USCIS online (K1 you can't do, they mean any other petition for another person), then you would put your account number there.

Most processing their first petition would not have a USCIS online account number.

Part 1 Question 10 is not your WAC# or your NVC case #. You would leave it blank.

I forgot what question this is but here is the answer. Just tie it back to a question that is similar.

The key word is FILED. Not approved or completed. So has anyone ever FILED for you besides your current petitioner (in this case,  you = beneficiary). If so YES, if not NO. Most answer it NO as they have never had a case FILED for them prior to their current petitioner.

You should have the following documents available while you complete your DS-160:

• Passport
  • Travel itinerary, if you have already made travel arrangements.
  • Dates of your last five visits or trips to the United States, if you have previously travelled to the United States. You may also be asked for your international travel history for the past five years. 
  • Résumé or Curriculum Vitae - You may be required to provide information about your current and previous education and work history. 
  • Other Information - Some applicants, depending on the intended purpose of travel, will be asked to provide additional information when completing the DS-160.

Question #38

You will do this:

3.a. "Page 4"

3.b. "Part Number 3"

3.c. "Item Number 38"

Whats question 38 asking about? And question 10 doesn't apply to past tourism visas applied for and denied for my beneficiary at her embassy correct?

Timeline
2 hours ago, JayHouser said:

Whats question 38 asking about? And question 10 doesn't apply to past tourism visas applied for and denied for my beneficiary at her embassy correct?

Question #38 is on the I-134

5 hours ago, dkmfan85 said:

Oh, this is interesting. I might have to revise my form. I was instructed to check "intend" and then write in section 7, "I intend to provide room, board, clothing, money and all other needs for this person indefinitely."

Either way is correct. This is a question that is more generic and geared to the immigration ppl. The K-1 is non-immigrant and that's why you are answering it the way I put it. The assumption is that you are marrying her/him and that as a K-1 visa you the petitioner will be providing those daily needs for the beneficiary. You could just put NA and move on but they way that I present it, it will leave nothing to chance.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

5 hours ago, JayHouser said:

And question 10 doesn't apply to past tourism visas applied for and denied for my beneficiary at her embassy correct?

It does count. The key word is FILED. Not approved or completed. So has anyone ever FILED for you besides your current petitioner (in this case,  you = beneficiary). If so YES, if not NO. Most answer it NO as they have never had a case FILED for them prior to their current petitioner.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline
7 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

And question 10 doesn't apply to past tourism visas applied for and denied for my beneficiary at her embassy correct?

It does count. The key word is FILED. Not approved or completed. So has anyone ever FILED for you besides your current petitioner (in this case,  you = beneficiary). If so YES, if not NO. Most answer it NO as they have never had a case FILED for them prior to their current petitioner.

Okay so if she has applied for a tourist visa to the US and once to Canada before we met she would say Yes and include the dates she applied? 

5 hours ago, JayHouser said:

Okay so if she has applied for a tourist visa to the US and once to Canada before we met she would say Yes and include the dates she applied? 

I read it has someone else not her personally. Include accordingly.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I-134 question...

I've read a lot of people saying to get IRS transcripts and W-2s etc...   But when I read the directions, it says just to get a letter from your bank and a letter from your employer.  Are all the tax forms and W2s necessary?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.