32 posts in this topic

Hello, this is my first post . 

Basically what happened is that I sent I-129F K1 and received NOA1 on November 16, 2017. Since then I did not receive RFE until June but I did not know because I had moved and never received it. So I requested for them to send again on 23 July 2018 and only received it yesterday 15 August 2018. The RFE is in regards to if I met my fiancee with an I.M.B. ( International Marriage Broker) Question #55. 

Now I am 1000% sure I answered this question and I checked the file from where I printed my form and also asked my fiance who has a copy of everything we sent in, and it's answered.  

I called the USCIS yesterday and explained to officer and she transferred me to Level 2 agent but was a call back wait of 220 minutes and I never received my call back. So I called this morning and the officer told me the level 2 agent does not have access to check file if I answered or not. 

Is this true? Because this mistake has cost me over 2 more months! And making it already 9 months since i recieved NOA1 . 

8 minutes ago, EM_Vandaveer said:

It is true. Also, you have to send an answer to the RFE otherwise they'll deny your case. Just print out the site's Terms and Conditions saying its NOT an IMB. The issue is (I think) that you checked no but provided no proof.

So is there a certain template you or anyone else would recommend and the information I should say before the copy of Terms and conditions ? 

I am so nervous now

3 minutes ago, FiorellaYMalachi said:

So is there a certain template you or anyone else would recommend and the information I should say before the copy of Terms and conditions ? 

I am so nervous now

What website did you meet on? That will give us more information.

1 minute ago, FiorellaYMalachi said:

The app "OKCupid"

But as far as the cover letter and the letter I say that no , I did not meet through International Marriage Broker but mutually through an app 

Yeah, ok. That helps a lot! We met on OkCupid as well.

https://www.okcupid.com/legal/terms

3 minutes ago, Jaquelly said:

Yeah, ok. That helps a lot! We met on OkCupid as well.

https://www.okcupid.com/legal/terms

Thank you very much, I will see these posts and probably Its the final help I need concerning this post. I really appreciate everyone's quick and wonderful help. And congratulations to all

So that's what we did for I-129F page 8, part 2, question 54, which is how we addressed the IMBRA topic. I think we also included a copy of the TOS. 

image.png

2 minutes ago, Jaquelly said:

So that's what we did for I-129F page 8, part 2, question 54, which is how we addressed the IMBRA topic. I think we also included a copy of the TOS. 

image.png

Thank you and I submitted similar evidence but did not address it to that question. I addressed to how we met and I provided proof there which I think is question 34 . I explained everything and had proof of airline tickets, and of screenshots of messages from okcupid and whatsapp

1 minute ago, FiorellaYMalachi said:

Thank you and I submitted similar evidence but did not address it to that question. I addressed to how we met and I provided proof there which I think is question 34 . I explained everything and had proof of airline tickets, and of screenshots of messages from okcupid and whatsapp

Yeah :( It sucks, because it really is just luck of the draw when it comes to who looks over your application. Luckily, once you answer it, the RFE response goes quickly (from what I've seen). I wish you luck - if you need help, let me know :)

I got the same RFE last year, too. I just sent them the TOS + an email from their support team explaining that they are not an IMB. The I-129F was approved a few days after receipt (although I think they are more backlogged now so give it a few weeks).

Edited by geowrian

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

11 minutes ago, Jaquelly said:

Yeah :( It sucks, because it really is just luck of the draw when it comes to who looks over your application. Luckily, once you answer it, the RFE response goes quickly (from what I've seen). I wish you luck - if you need help, let me know :)

Have you seen any good templates ? And I should include a cover letter,  letter about that no, I didnt meet through an IMBRA but through OKCUPID and have their terms and conditions attached? Nothing else? I do not want to do it wrong, I sign the papers or just put date and my name?

Oh gosh uh...

To whom it concerns,

My fiance, (name) and I met on (date) on the website http://www.okcupid.com, which is a dating website. However, OkCupid is a free service that offers paid features, but they do not provide paid matchmaking services. 

I have included the website terms of service, which states that the users are responsible for their own interactions with other members.

OkCupid is not an IMBRA website.

I have included a copy of our response to page 8, part 2, question 54 in this response letter.

With Regards,

Your name

Signature

12 minutes ago, Jaquelly said:

Oh gosh uh...

To whom it concerns,

My fiance, (name) and I met on (date) on the website http://www.okcupid.com, which is a dating website. However, OkCupid is a free service that offers paid features, but they do not provide paid matchmaking services. 

I have included the website terms of service, which states that the users are responsible for their own interactions with other members.

OkCupid is not an IMBRA website.

I have included a copy of our response to page 8, part 2, question 54 in this response letter.

With Regards,

Your name

Signature

Thank you so much !!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.