YulenkaF

information in touristic visa and k1 is different.

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I applied 3-4 yeard ago for touristic visa. It was denied. I do not remember at all which information was there. Who knows what if information for touristic visa and for K1 will be different? 

Will it have negative  results at k1 process?  Now we are waiting for NVC

49 minutes ago, YulenkaF said:

I applied 3-4 yeard ago for touristic visa. It was denied. I do not remember at all which information was there. Who knows what if information for touristic visa and for K1 will be different? 

Will it have negative  results at k1 process?  Now we are waiting for NVC

Tourist and fiancé visas are two different processes. Tourist visa doesn’t have any effect on K1

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Lenchick said:

Tourist and fiancé visas are two different processes. Tourist visa doesn’t have any effect on K1

I `ve read that they ask about it a lot on the interview. When was. Why denied. etc

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

If you still have your DS-160 confirmation number somewhere in your mailbox, you may access it at CEAC website to make sure you did not provide any inaccurate information, and that whatever you stated then matches whatever you stated now in your DS-260. It is always good to have consistent data, as any mismatch will likely require explanations—and you do not want to admit you misrepresented a material fact in any of your visa applications.

As to explain why the visa was denied, our attorney's advice was simple: say it was "denied under INA section 214(b)" as this is the actual reason stated to you by the consular officer. (I presume your denial was the typical one, not something more serious.)

Spoiler

☑ Started the whole thing – December 13, 2016

☑ PWD request filed – January 19, 2017 

☑ PWD issued – April 7

☑ PERM certification filed – July 18

☑ PERM approved – November 14, 2017

☑ I-140 filed with PP – January 30, 2018 

☑ I-140 approved – February 27

☑ I-140 sent to NVC – March 19

NVC case number issued – May 17

NVC Scan Date – June 11

NVC Case Complete – June 14

☑ Interview scheduled – July 16

☑ Medical exam – July 17

☑ Interview completed – August 21

☑ Visa received – August 27

☐ Touch down – September 28

Timeline
1 minute ago, artml said:

If you still have your DS-160 confirmation number somewhere in your mailbox, you may access it at CEAC website to make sure you did not provide any inaccurate information, and that whatever you stated then matches whatever you stated now in your DS-260. It is always good to have consistent data, as any mismatch will likely require explanations—and you do not want to admit you misrepresented a material fact in any of your visa applications.

As to explain why the visa was denied, our attorney's advice was simple: say it was "denied under INA section 214(b)" as this is the actual reason stated to you by the consular officer. (I presume your denial was the typical one, not something more serious.)

Well... have no idea about password and even mail.... but will try ..

About explaining- thank you a lot .. Great idea!

Timeline

since you didnt get any visa issued, they will no about the denial. you may be asked what was your purpose of your visit or something similar, like do you have relatives or friends... i wouldn't worry about a denial, it literally doesnt have anything to do with K-1. 

8/7/2017                    NOA-1

3/1/2018                    NOA-2

3/15/2018                  NVC case received

3/22/2018                  NVC case assigned

3/23/2018                  Consulate ready

4/11/2018                  Medical

4/17/2018                  Visa Approved

4/24/2018                  Visa on hand

5/23/2018                  Point of Entry ATL

5/24/2018                  Marriage license, officiant and certificate / applied for SS#

5/31/2018                  AOS/AP/EAD

6/7/2018                    email notification of NOA-1

6/11/2018                  NOA-1 hard copies for AOS/EAD/AP

6/27/2018                  Biometrics for AOS/EAD

7/7/2018                    ready to be scheduled for interview

7/11/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (email from USCIS)

8/22/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (same email again)

9/5/2018                     We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is getting boring!!!)

10/3/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is insanity, 4th time while some got GC)

10/17/2018                After 136 days of wait in HELL, finally EAD in production

10/21/2018                Card was mailed to me, and yes it said so on a Sunday night, while Vj-ing

10/22/2018                Card was picked up by the USPS

10/24/2018                EAD in hand. F%^&& finally

12/28/2018                Interview has been scheduled. Waiting for notification with date by snail mail

Timeline
14 hours ago, Alabamak1 said:

since you didnt get any visa issued, they will no about the denial. you may be asked what was your purpose of your visit or something similar, like do you have relatives or friends... i wouldn't worry about a denial, it literally doesnt have anything to do with K-1. 

thank you. I just worried about information which I wrote there at ds 160. Because I used ukrainian mentality when I did it ))).

Plus I really dfo not remember what was there inside form

Edited by YulenkaF

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
44 minutes ago, YulenkaF said:

I just worried about information which I wrote there at ds 160. Because I used ukrainian mentality when I did it ))).

I am Ukrainian too but I never lied in forms. Using mendacity as a definitive trait of our "Ukrainian mentality" saddens me tremendously and makes me feel ashamed—just by association. Really, we are better than that as a people, or at least we should strive to get better than that.

Sorry, rant over.

Spoiler

☑ Started the whole thing – December 13, 2016

☑ PWD request filed – January 19, 2017 

☑ PWD issued – April 7

☑ PERM certification filed – July 18

☑ PERM approved – November 14, 2017

☑ I-140 filed with PP – January 30, 2018 

☑ I-140 approved – February 27

☑ I-140 sent to NVC – March 19

NVC case number issued – May 17

NVC Scan Date – June 11

NVC Case Complete – June 14

☑ Interview scheduled – July 16

☑ Medical exam – July 17

☑ Interview completed – August 21

☑ Visa received – August 27

☐ Touch down – September 28

Timeline
8 minutes ago, artml said:

I am Ukrainian too but I never lied in forms. Using mendacity as a definitive trait of our "Ukrainian mentality" saddens me tremendously and makes me feel ashamed—just by association. Really, we are better than that as a people, or at least we should strive to get better than that.

Sorry, rant over.

Agree. But I think you know that special things with law in Ukraine are strange. For example do you know many companies which will give you a paper that you have salary around 1000usd? for to be enough in trip.

And I did not say I lied or lie... I promised to my fiance never do it for American government -so I have no choice . Just thinking. Because my life 3-4 years ago was different and I may nor remember some details which I`ve  put there..

But good that you got what I ment )))))

Edited by YulenkaF

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
4 hours ago, YulenkaF said:

Agree. But I think you know that special things with law in Ukraine are strange. For example do you know many companies which will give you a paper that you have salary around 1000usd? for to be enough in trip.

And I did not say I lied or lie... I promised to my fiance never do it for American government -so I have no choice . Just thinking. Because my life 3-4 years ago was different and I may nor remember some details which I`ve  put there..

But good that you got what I ment )))))

I think  if you don't remember the reason of your B1/B2 denial, then the answer should be the same - I do not remember.  Honest and simple.

Edited by Ksenia_O

Timeline
On 8/10/2018 at 6:05 PM, Ksenia_O said:

I think  if you don't remember the reason of your B1/B2 denial, then the answer should be the same - I do not remember.  Honest and simple.

I  love this answer!!!

Thank you very much!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
On 8/11/2018 at 1:31 PM, YulenkaF said:

I  love this answer!!!

Thank you very much!!

You are welcome!

It's OK to not remember things that happened years ado... But it will be really bad  if you provide a  reason of denial which is different with what that have on the record.

Good luck with your immigration journey!

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
On 8/10/2018 at 1:07 PM, artml said:

Sorry, rant over.

I am there totally with you. I can not comprehend how basic information on two applications could turn out different apart from, e.g., then employed and now unemployed, then single (and not having relatives in the US) and now engaged (and thus having at least a fiance there). That is, if you are honest every time, truth is truth and it doesn't alter itself however often repeated. On the other hand, immigration is a long process and requires a tremendous amount of thoughtful paperwork, some of which is partly repeated and some eventually evolves from a previous stage. Knowing that, my naturalized USC fiance gave me a 1TB external hard disk and requested that I save literally every piece of paperwork we file. That is, at this stage with my I-129F I have all that I may need later and 5 years later I will not be in doubt what, when and why did I state in the forms. I quess it's never late to start saving useful information.

Timeline
10 hours ago, HP+IC said:

I am there totally with you. I can not comprehend how basic information on two applications could turn out different apart from, e.g., then employed and now unemployed, then single (and not having relatives in the US) and now engaged (and thus having at least a fiance there). That is, if you are honest every time, truth is truth and it doesn't alter itself however often repeated. On the other hand, immigration is a long process and requires a tremendous amount of thoughtful paperwork, some of which is partly repeated and some eventually evolves from a previous stage. Knowing that, my naturalized USC fiance gave me a 1TB external hard disk and requested that I save literally every piece of paperwork we file. That is, at this stage with my I-129F I have all that I may need later and 5 years later I will not be in doubt what, when and why did I state in the forms. I quess it's never late to start saving useful information.

thank you!

yes you totally understand!

we are waiting for interview soon -so I worry a lot)) 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.