TBoneTX

December 2017 I-129F Filers, Part II

452 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Lebanon
Timeline
38 minutes ago, Victoria85 said:

I just talked to tier 2 at USCIS about my case (we got RFE and sent it back on the August 2nd), they said my case is currently on hold by supervisor. Does anyone know what is that mean? 

Thank You

"Supervisory Review" simply means that now a supervisor is looking into this case because it might be complex for the regular officer to make a decision. this might be the reason why it's delayed.  Hopefully you hear something soon. i guess when you call next time ask to speak to a tier 2 supervisor. see link below.

https://www.uscis.gov/policymanual/HTML/PolicyManual-Volume1-PartA-Chapter3.html

4. Live Assistance - Tier 2 (Supervisor)

•When appropriate, the USCIS officer may escalate the call to a supervisory USCIS officer. Calls will be routed to a supervisor when:

•Customer requests to speak to a supervisor; 

•Customer is unusually upset and believes the proposed resolution is improper; or

•The matter requires urgent or expedited assistance by another office to resolve in a timely manner.

AOS/EAD/AP ->: 11/29/18 - NOA1: 12/04/18

Biometric NOA:  12/14/18  Biometric Appt: 12/26/18

Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview: 1/16/19

EAD/AP approval: 3/18/19

AOS Interview Appt: 6/4/19

AOS Interview: 7/10/19

AOS Approved: 7/23/19

GREEN CARD IN HAND: 7/26/19

"It's true, we don't have it as easy as ordinary couples. But this is no ordinary love"

11 minutes ago, Joulie & Victor said:

"Supervisory Review" simply means that now a supervisor is looking into this case because it might be complex for the regular officer to make a decision. this might be the reason why it's delayed.  Hopefully you hear something soon. i guess when you call next time ask to speak to a tier 2 supervisor. see link below.

https://www.uscis.gov/policymanual/HTML/PolicyManual-Volume1-PartA-Chapter3.html

4. Live Assistance - Tier 2 (Supervisor)

•When appropriate, the USCIS officer may escalate the call to a supervisory USCIS officer. Calls will be routed to a supervisor when:

•Customer requests to speak to a supervisor; 

•Customer is unusually upset and believes the proposed resolution is improper; or

•The matter requires urgent or expedited assistance by another office to resolve in a timely manner.

Thank You,

That definitely adds more anxiety for me. How I want all to be over. At this point I will take any decision. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

232 days and no response, still. 

Maybe they lost our case and they’re just making up different stories when we call? I can’t think of another reason for this to be so difficult. 

event.png

NOA 1: 26 Dec 2017

RFE 22 August 2018

NOA 2: 08 September 2018

Medical: 16 October 2018

Interview: 22 October 2018

Visa in Hand: 2 November 2018 

POE: 10 November 2018 - Baltimore

Wedding:  :wub: :

Distance is no demon,

Often I think it can be a blessing for those in love,

a silent, underappreciated blessing.

It will have no power over us.

When you come stumbling to my door after months, with flowers and wine in hand,

I will be ready.

When I pick you up from the airport, the feeling will be unmatched,

that feeling like birds bursting in song from beneath my lungs, 

that feeling unlike any other.

We have to stay strong and remember what is most important;

I love you, and you, me.

The air between us is nothing but a metaphor.

Nothing, not one thing, can come between us.

- Christopher Poindexter - 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Lebanon
Timeline
4 hours ago, Victoria85 said:

Thank You,

That definitely adds more anxiety for me. How I want all to be over. At this point I will take any decision. 

what was your RFE about? is your case simple or complex?

AOS/EAD/AP ->: 11/29/18 - NOA1: 12/04/18

Biometric NOA:  12/14/18  Biometric Appt: 12/26/18

Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview: 1/16/19

EAD/AP approval: 3/18/19

AOS Interview Appt: 6/4/19

AOS Interview: 7/10/19

AOS Approved: 7/23/19

GREEN CARD IN HAND: 7/26/19

"It's true, we don't have it as easy as ordinary couples. But this is no ordinary love"

6 hours ago, Victoria85 said:

Thank You,

Im curious about supervisory check ,when my fiancee  called we got rfe and will resend t on 21st so i am patiently waiting to be resend..but on new site it still says case receive..

Still waiting too

I think we are close to or over 250 days.. I stopped counting 

I called again today and spoke with a tier 2 person who said my case is being adjudicated which means it's with an officer and is better than being labeled as processing 

once my fiancé does get here and we get married can we go through the greencard process ourselves? I went to get rid of our lawyer if I can!

also - does working with a lawyer hurt your I-129F application? Or does it not matter? I mean, it hurt us because they made a mistake and added 50+ days to our wait but in general, does the USCIS care? 

6 hours ago, Joulie & Victor said:

what was your RFE about? is your case simple or complex?

It was not supposed to be complex but it turned out to be. My RFE was to send a certified copy of my final divorce decree. The family court Judge made a mistake and did not mentioned if myself and my ex-husband were divorced or legally separated. I went to court to fix that problem and they fixed that one, but made another one. They made a typo in my ex-husband name and DOB and I did not notice and sent it to USCIS. When I have noticed I panicked and me and my lawyer decided to send another copy the correct one. She was supposed to include a letter of explanation too but she never did. In other words my case turned out into a big mess now. I wont be surprised if they denies us. On top of everything I am naturalized citizen so I am probably checked under microscope with all these new emigration laws.  

5 hours ago, Maria Victoria said:

Im curious about supervisory check ,when my fiancee  called we got rfe and will resend t on 21st so i am patiently waiting to be resend..but on new site it still says case receive..

I am sorry maybe it is a stupid question but what do you mean by resend? You guys got two RFE for the same case? 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
6 hours ago, Maria Victoria said:

You are not alone i am still waiting, 

4 hours ago, vsforlife said:

I'm December 7 and still waiting.

I am also still waiting.. Day 231 here

What are you you all doing to stay hopeful? I'm having a really hard time with it...

We got and RFE (stupid, missed a checked box, I'm still kicking myself) back on July 12. The website says they took our case "off hold" on July 28, but no change since then. Even if you subtract the days we were on hold, we're over the processing times. Is there anything I can do?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Nora S said:

What are you you all doing to stay hopeful? I'm having a really hard time with it...

We got and RFE (stupid, missed a checked box, I'm still kicking myself) back on July 12. The website says they took our case "off hold" on July 28, but no change since then. Even if you subtract the days we were on hold, we're over the processing times. Is there anything I can do?

That processing time doesn’t apply anymore once they take action on your case. Once they take action and issue an rfe they have 60 days to respond to that rfe response once they have received your response. You will be outside of processing times If they fail to respond by sept 28. The good news is that most rfes for k1 receive a response in under 30 days. You should hear any day now.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline
7 hours ago, Maria Victoria said:

I am dec 7 also..

I am also Dec 7, and still waiting..  I may just be thinking too much but is there a pattern here?  Did they lose or accidentally spilled coffee on series of Dec 7th files?  I see a lot of Dec 7 NOA1's still pending with no progress whatsoever.  This is very frustrating.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.