It will have no power over us.

When you come stumbling to my door after months, with flowers and wine in hand,

I will be ready.

When I pick you up from the airport, the feeling will be unmatched,

that feeling like birds bursting in song from beneath my lungs, 

that feeling unlike any other.

We have to stay strong and remember what is most important;

I love you, and you, me.

The air between us is nothing but a metaphor.

Nothing, not one thing, can come between us.

- Christopher Poindexter - 

Response to RFE received by USCIS today. Waiting and praying for a speedy approval. God willing! 🙏🙏🙏

12 hours ago, Emk0rp said:

On Friday I received notification that our case was approved on August 1st, and today I received the letter. Sorry for not updating everyone sooner, but I was out of state.

NOA1: 12/27 or 01/02

RFE: 07/12

RFE Reply: 07/25

NOA2: 08/01

It sounds like we will still have a bit of a wait for an interview in Brazil, so I'm trying to manage my expectations, but it is finally starting to feel real! YAY!

For those still waiting, my heart aches for you, I know how hard it is. I hope you all hear good news soon.

You should make yourself familiar over to your country's sub-forum to get a better understanding of the process for the Embassy that you will be interviewing with. This will allow you to get direct answers from those who have completed the steps you are about to take at the US Embassy - Brazil.  Sub-forum for Brazil is located here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/96-mexico-latin-south-america/

This is the letter that you will receive for the interview commonly referred to as the P3 letter. I give you a copy so that you can get started early.

https://br.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee/the-interview-2/

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

I have no words to describe how upset and frustrated I am at the moment. I received an RFE from USCIS that the local Court from my state forgot on final decree order to specify what kind of divorce me and my ex-husband have. So basically that document I sent was not valid without the specification. I went to court and fix it but (my mistake ) I did not notice they spelled my ex-husband name and DOB incorrectly, even though I gave them info correctly. I of course sent that copy without notice because I was just so ready to be done with this process. So I send the RFE back on 08/02/2018 they received it on 08/03/2018. Today as I was looking thru papers I have noticed the mistake the Court did. I went to court again. They blamed it on me that I was not attentive, and I should have checked it. Now I am demoralized. USCIS will deny my case with no doubts.  I have been crying all morning. I called USCIS and they said I can try to send them a real copy but they cannot promise anything. I am just tired and terrified. I never felt so helpless. 

Edited by Victoria85

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline
24 minutes ago, Victoria85 said:

I have no words to describe how upset and frustrated I am at the moment. I received an RFE from USCIS that the local Court from my state forgot on final decree order to specify what kind of divorce me and my ex-husband have. So basically that document I sent was not valid without the specification. I went to court and fix it but (my mistake ) I did not notice they spelled my ex-husband name and DOB incorrectly, even though I gave them info correctly. I of course sent that copy without notice because I was just so ready to be done with this process. So I send the RFE back on 08/02/2018 they received it on 08/03/2018. Today as I was looking thru papers I have noticed the mistake the Court did. I went to court again. They blamed it on me that I was not attentive, and I should have checked it. Now I am demoralized. USCIS will deny my case with no doubts.  I have been crying all morning. I called USCIS and they said I can try to send them a real copy but they cannot promise anything. I am just tired and terrified. I never felt so helpless. 

I am sorry for this road block on your journey.  Stay positive and hopefully it will all work out for the best.  Hugs to you!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
9 hours ago, Victoria85 said:

I think this is not a good reason for denial. possibly, the processing time will increase. it seems so to me. in any case, you have no choice now, except to send the right documents and pray. I really hope you will receive your confirmation soon

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
24 minutes ago, Lowkeygt said:

Tuesday 8/7 after 239 days and a RFE we received our approval. Thanks to all the posters who give insight and support to one of the most stressful journeys you can under take.  

Let me add that I received my NOA2 8/7

9 hours ago, Masha_777 said:

I think this is not a good reason for denial. possibly, the processing time will increase. it seems so to me. in any case, you have no choice now, except to send the right documents and pray. I really hope you will receive your confirmation soon

Thank You for kind words. Unfortunately people have been denied for less. I agree though that I need to send the right copy and hope for the best. This process it is by far one of the most stressful that I have been thru. 

Edited by Victoria85

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
34 minutes ago, Victoria85 said:

Thank You for kind words. Unfortunately people have been denied for less. I agree though that I need to send the right copy and hope for the best. This process it is by far one of the most stressful that I have been thru. 

I agree with you for 200%

it is very stressful

I really hope you will get your approve soon 

Edited by Masha_777

8 hours ago, Lowkeygt said:

Tuesday 8/7 after 239 days and a RFE we received our approval. Thanks to all the posters who give insight and support to one of the most stressful journeys you can under take.  

Here is some information including the Embassy P3 for you to get a head start

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jdCPXg9_vLnAfKJZ5gfPMW4-ST0RbRUh/view?usp=sharing

https://vn.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/required-documents/

Usually you will not receive the P3 letter in the mail. Do an online service request. They will respond typically in 2 -3 days with the instruction (P3). You will need to submit D-160 and pay the visa fee, then schedule the medical afterward. Technically, you will need the P3 to complete the medical exam, although some have gotten by with just the interview confirmation. I wouldn't risk it and would just request that they email it to you via: https://vn.usembassy...a-inquiry-form/  When using the form be sure to add in the comments section the last 4 digits of your SSN or they will email you back asking for it which causes further delays.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
3 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

Here is some information including the Embassy P3 for you to get a head start

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jdCPXg9_vLnAfKJZ5gfPMW4-ST0RbRUh/view?usp=sharing

https://vn.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/required-documents/

Usually you will not receive the P3 letter in the mail. Do an online service request. They will respond typically in 2 -3 days with the instruction (P3). You will need to submit D-160 and pay the visa fee, then schedule the medical afterward. Technically, you will need the P3 to complete the medical exam, although some have gotten by with just the interview confirmation. I wouldn't risk it and would just request that they email it to you via: https://vn.usembassy...a-inquiry-form/  When using the form be sure to add in the comments section the last 4 digits of your SSN or they will email you back asking for it which causes further delays.

I also have 1 child coming

1 hour ago, Lowkeygt said:

I also have 1 child coming

Double the requirements. Yours and the K2 both submit the same documents.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.