TBoneTX

January 2018 I-129F Filers, Part II

2,648 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, nfinnity said:

Been lurking on this forum for a few months now, and just wanted to let everyone know that we've received an approval on the new website today!!

No email or text, saw that others had updates this morning, so I checked and we did as well. 

Patience is key. I know it's difficult, but it will come. 😊

Old website: January 19

New website: February 2

NOA2: August 3

20180805_134319.jpg

Congratulationssss what a great surprise!!! Approval on sunday!!! Its like after those updates are no so gray at all...

I hope finish this process this year so i can start to have my great weekends like before.. that used to be the most fun part of the week!!! Not  after uscis :))))

Congratssss again!!!

04/04/18  - Mailed I-129F

04/06/18 -  NOA1 notice date email/text

10/18/18 -  RFE notification

10/22/18 -  RFE received in mail

11/01/18 -  RFE sent to USCIS

11/06/18 -  RFE received by USCIS

11/14/18 -  NOA2

11/27/18 - NVC Received

12/12/18 - NVC Case number

01/8/19 - Scheduled interview-APPROVED

01/21/19 - POE! 

Your absence has not taught me how to be alone; it has merely shown me that when together we cast a single shadow on the wall.

Ky-G team ❤️

When you walk awayI count the steps that you take

age.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
9 minutes ago, nfinnity said:

Been lurking on this forum for a few months now, and just wanted to let everyone know that we've received an approval on the new website today!!

No email or text, saw that others had updates this morning, so I checked and we did as well. 

Patience is key. I know it's difficult, but it will come. 😊

Old website: January 19

New website: February 2

NOA2: August 3

20180805_134319.jpg

Whoa, such a big difference between your NoA1 date on the old and the new site. Is that right, two weeks difference?

But congratulations on the approval!!

Edited by SilverMonk

Timeline
5 minutes ago, brigimigi said:

Hey guys,

what is this new site you are talking about? Our notice date is 25th January. We are checking https://www.uscis.gov/ "check case status " . Is there another site you are looking at? Thanks! 

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov

That's the new site. Seems like the one you're using isn't being updated anymore. You'll need to create an account.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I just took a quick look at our application and noticed we've entered some of the beneficiary addresses incorrectly.

Listed last address as current address (mistook mailing address section as current address), and entered one of the dates on a previous address incorrectly as well (reads as having a 2 year gap between 2 addresses).

Any advice on what we should do. I'm expecting this will result in an RFE, but is there anything we can do, should we try and amend it before they look at our case?

Our NOA1 new website is Jan 29th so no idea if they've already started on our case or if it's still too early.

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Kyle&Ana said:

Congratulationssss what a great surprise!!! Approval on sunday!!! Its like after those updates are no so gray at all...

I hope finish this process this year so i can start to have my great weekends like before.. that used to be the most fun part of the week!!! Not  after uscis :))))

Congratssss again!!!

Thank you so much!! I definitely wasn't expecting it, but it was an awesome surprise to start the day off with! 😁

Edited by nfinnity

Timeline
15 minutes ago, SilverMonk said:

Whoa, such a big difference between your NoA1 date on the old and the new site. Is that right, two weeks difference?

But congratulations on the approval!!

Thank you!! Yeah, I was a little concerned when everyone else's seemed to be a few days apart, but I decided to wait before asking about it.

I'm not entirely certain, but I feel like this confirms what everyone has said, which is that they are using the NOA1 received date on the paper for processing and not the date on the new website. 😊

Edited by nfinnity

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline
16 minutes ago, SilverMonk said:

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov

That's the new site. Seems like the one you're using isn't being updated anymore. You'll need to create an account.

Thanks! 

Our NOA 1 is 25 January I'm a little disappointed we didn't get approved yet :( the wait is awful

Timeline
22 minutes ago, brigimigi said:

Thanks! 

Our NOA 1 is 25 January I'm a little disappointed we didn't get approved yet :( the wait is awful

You're still well withing processing time based on your dates. No need to worry yet, especially if you think that all is good with your petition. If you reach 210 days from your received date on your NoA1 then I'd start looking into what might be happening.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, SilverMonk said:

You're still well withing processing time based on your dates. No need to worry yet, especially if you think that all is good with your petition. If you reach 210 days from your received date on your NoA1 then I'd start looking into what might be happening.

good to know! i just saw people with NOA1 in feb already approved and I got worried. Thanks again and wish you lots of happiness! :)

Timeline
2 minutes ago, brigimigi said:

good to know! i just saw people with NOA1 in feb already approved and I got worried. Thanks again and wish you lots of happiness! :)

Yeah I know what you mean. We all get disappointed when people that filed after us get approved. I myself am a Jan 16th (old site) filer, so many people got approved that filed after me. But that's life I guess, right? There are always those who are luckier than others.

No problem and thank you. Wish you the same.

Timeline
1 minute ago, SilverMonk said:

Yeah I know what you mean. We all get disappointed when people that filed after us get approved. I myself am a Jan 16th (old site) filer, so many people got approved that filed after me. But that's life I guess, right? There are always those who are luckier than others.

No problem and thank you. Wish you the same.

Ohh okay, I thought they were going in order. So, maybe the person we were assigned to was on holiday or something.. :D But tomorrow it's a new week, it's going to happen! :)🤞

1 hour ago, northwest-boys said:

I just took a quick look at our application and noticed we've entered some of the beneficiary addresses incorrectly.

Listed last address as current address (mistook mailing address section as current address), and entered one of the dates on a previous address incorrectly as well (reads as having a 2 year gap between 2 addresses).

Any advice on what we should do. I'm expecting this will result in an RFE, but is there anything we can do, should we try and amend it before they look at our case?

Our NOA1 new website is Jan 29th so no idea if they've already started on our case or if it's still too early.

Mailing address section is current address. It has a little section that says if mailing address is different then you list another one. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Clecuona said:

Mailing address section is current address. It has a little section that says if mailing address is different then you list another one. 

It's more than we listed the dates for the last address as from Sept 2016 - Present instead of Sept 2016 - Sept 2017, so it reads as if that's the current address when it shouldn't be.

Not sure how to go about amending that without getting an RFE 😓 is it inevitable?

6 minutes ago, northwest-boys said:

It's more than we listed the dates for the last address as from Sept 2016 - Present instead of Sept 2016 - Sept 2017, so it reads as if that's the current address when it shouldn't be.

Not sure how to go about amending that without getting an RFE 😓 is it inevitable?

Oh no I’m sorry my friend. I’m not expert at all on RFE but I’m sure someone here does know. They’ll answer you. It’s ok. If you get the RFE you’ll just correct it. Either way you’ll be together soon! Chin up!

Timeline
8 minutes ago, northwest-boys said:

I don't really think you can do anything at this point. I believe everyone here close to being adjudicated or we're currently being adjudicated. So if you send something now it might not make a difference or even get to your case. 

I'd just wait for the RFE, or maybe you won't even get one. I've seen bigger mistakes than that not get RFEd.

Maybe someone more experienced than me can't give you some better insight.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.