TBoneTX

January 2018 I-129F Filers, Part II

2,648 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
3 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

After you get your case number from NVC it would be a good idea if you were to connect with the VJ sub forum for all things dealing with the US Embassy in the Colombian and they will answer your questions for the processing of your visa from their personal experience. Link:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/96-mexico-latin-south-america/

Get the US Embassy Colombian K-1 Packet 3 (P3) at  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7hB3bl9Snfkb0NiMVFUd2JsVjA/view  as this is your bible needed to complete and receive your visa. The required documents are included and use the EL as a check list. Once you have completed or gathered the required documents you'll be ready for your interview. If it is not on the Embassy letter, it probably is not needed.

Last but not least, READ the pages on the US Embassy website for your country so that you are up to speed.

http://bogota.usembassy.gov/

One last place to check for information would be the VJ Wiki found here: http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/Special:AllPages and here http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Colombia&cty=Bogota

Good luck and God's speed.

Oh wow thank you so much for sharing this information. You are very kind 💕  

Would you mind explain me a little bit more about form  I-134. Does my fiancé have to mail me the form with wet signature plus other support documents, or can them be scanned?

I appreciate all your knowledge and support. ☺️

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
33 minutes ago, JDY said:

Finally, I got a rfe after 228 days. I have no idea what it could be. I have a question, do they always send it to petioner? Or they can send it to applicant? I hope it something easy and doesnt have to do with my divorce. 

Did it update on the site for you guys?

And no, the beneficiary does not get a copy. Only the petitioner and your attorney (in case you filed out a form g-28)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
2 minutes ago, SilverMonk said:

Did it update on the site for you guys?

And no, the beneficiary does not get a copy. Only the petitioner and your attorney (in case you filed out a form g-28)

Not update in site. My fiance  got an email he is the petitioner. He called and tried to talk to someone but of course they couldnt say nothing about it. He tried to get it fax, but they say only if we had 60 days and we didnt received it on mail, they could do that. Im just curious because I seen that a lot have waited a lot for the mail to come with rfe’s. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
On 8/25/2018 at 6:50 PM, Lucy&Jason said:

They go for the old websie and that’s 24th for you. Hopefully you will get your approval soon. 🙏

Ok I called they said I am not outside of normal processing time I must wait until Sept 7 to receive possible RFE that was ordered on August 8 and does not showed mailed.  The cannot promise me that when I call on Sept 7 if the RFE still has not been mailed that I can issue a case inquiry because my case is now on hold from the RFE request dated Aug 8th and I must allow 30 days for delivery.   If it is never mailed I will be on hold until RFE is mailed out.

It feels like they just using this to stall. Really frustrating now I have no idea when or if it will be mailed and how much time will they give me to reply. :bonk:

Edited by Amiina and Kim

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

We had the same problem. Rfe ordered on August 1. On August 16th we reached 7 months which was outside processing time and tier 2 kept giving us the run around. So we contacted our state senator. And on the 21st the senator said it was mailed. Because August 1 to August 21 is more than 15 days we were eligible to have rfe faxed. Which we did on 22nd. We had it 2 hours later. 

I would get ahold of your state senator. Otherwise u might stay in a limbo stage

1 hour ago, JDY said:

Finally, I got a rfe after 228 days. I have no idea what it could be. I have a question, do they always send it to petioner? Or they can send it to applicant? I hope it something easy and doesnt have to do with my divorce. 

Anything to do with the I-129f is an application submitted by the portioner and therefor all responses will be directed to he or she who is the petitioner.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

1 hour ago, V&R2018 said:

Oh wow thank you so much for sharing this information. You are very kind 💕  

Would you mind explain me a little bit more about form  I-134. Does my fiancé have to mail me the form with wet signature plus other support documents, or can them be scanned?

I appreciate all your knowledge and support. ☺️

To answer the "signature" question I offer this. This debate has been going back for a number of years. I have not found anything other then what is in the instructions. USCIS does require a wet signature but does require a handwritten signature (so copy would be fine) but the Embassy can be different. I haven't heard anyone get an RFE for not having a wet signature but again some say yes others say no. Now, if you read the "instructions" below it just says "signed" AOS from the petitioner but it goes on to say Applicants (beneficiary's) may bring blah blah which I believe allows you to not have to present the "wet" signature. So I can't say without doubt that a wet signature is required. It's up to your Embassy to be factual. If you have time and email address contact your Embassy and see what they say. Couldn't hurt. Please let me know what you find out. :thumbs:

- A signed Affidavit of Support from your petitioner and any additional financial sponsors who submitted a Form I-864 on behalf of your visa application.  Applicants may bring photocopies and scanned versions of signed Forms I-864 and associated documents. (Please note that the form must still be signed; typed names and electronic signatures will not be accepted.)

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

50 minutes ago, Amiina and Kim said:

Ok I called they said I am not outside of normal processing time I must wait until Sept 7 to receive possible RFE that was ordered on August 8 and does not showed mailed.  The cannot promise me that when I call on Sept 7 if the RFE still has not been mailed that I can issue a case inquiry because my case is now on hold from the RFE request dated Aug 8th and I must allow 30 days for delivery.   If it is never mailed I will be on hold until RFE is mailed out.

It feels like they just using this to stall. Really frustrating now I have no idea when or if it will be mailed and how much time will they give me to reply. :bonk:

If you go back one page I answered that same question, how long do I have to reply, with Silvermonk.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
6 hours ago, kmza89 said:

I'm expecting Wednesday? But who knows.. I'm excited to know what it is. Please keep me posted when you receive yours @Lucy&Jason

How did you know about your rfe? We are also expecting this week most likely Tuesday(hopefully). I know rfe ain’t that a good news to some but during this tough time receiving an rfe is already consider a good one.😊

Timeline
6 hours ago, Adam Zollinger said:

I just called and spoke to Tier 2 again, and they told me that they did decide that they needed an RFE, but they have not mailed it out yet. So there is not date available yet. I asked if I could have it faxed and they said that that was only an option 15 days after it is sent through mail.

Either way, I am staying positive and working my ### off. Hoping to celebrate American Thanksgiving with him at the end of November. 

That means they are just waiting it to be generated to send it out to you. The same advice they gave us when we are calling them the last time and told us about the rfe. In the next couple of days you will be having your letter in the mail. 

The goodnews is: They opened your case and it is now moving.. :D

Timeline
8 hours ago, Adam Zollinger said:

What is IMBRA? I did not ask the date of issuance. I just called back to get it and Tier 1 told me "we don't see an RFE" so I am going to wait 103 minutes for a callback from Tier 2 so I can ask for more info. I have all information ready to go at a moments notice so I should be able to respond immediately. 

It’s an Intertional Marriage Broker. Once you met on a dating site, USCIS wants to make sure that the Dating Site don’t fall under an International Marriage Broker where an American pay fees to meet someone and marry.

Timeline
2 hours ago, JDY said:

Happy to hear some news about your case my friend. How did you know about your rfe

Timeline
1 hour ago, Amiina and Kim said:

This is really the kind of question that nobody knows how and what to answer.😂 But based on my experience, we spoke to Tier 2 last Aug. 10 and they said they sent out the RFE last aug. 8. But then again on Aug. 24th they emailed me saying they already mailed out our RFE last Aug. 18. They updated the website on Aug. 25th. 

So i guess what they mean about “ordered” is that they gave it to the RFE issuing department to be generated and then transfer to another department again for mailing. :D Just a wild guess..😝😝

Don’t worry it’s on the way now.. back to waiting game atleast not in VAIN. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
4 hours ago, JDY said:

Not update in site. My fiance  got an email he is the petitioner. He called and tried to talk to someone but of course they couldnt say nothing about it. He tried to get it fax, but they say only if we had 60 days and we didnt received it on mail, they could do that. Im just curious because I seen that a lot have waited a lot for the mail to come with rfe’s. 

Wait, he got an email saying that you guys are getting an RFE but it hasn't updated on the site? Give it a day and the notice will show up. That's what I've seen happen. But it's USCIS so you never know anymore.

60 days so they can fax it? That's crazy! Ask him to call again because I've seen them state that can only fax it after 15 days, but not 60. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.