TBoneTX

January 2018 I-129F Filers, Part II

2,648 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
27 minutes ago, Clecuona said:

I was reading online from some other peoples posts that there needed to be one per person.- so yes two - but then the paperwork never said that. Anyways will send with his name first and hopefully that fixes the problem. 

Yes must be separate.  One LOI will generate an RFE

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Chair_force1 said:

Yes must be separate.  One LOI will generate an RFE

I guess I should be expecting an RFE. I only sent one LOI with both of our names and our signatures. I’ll be glad if I even get an RFE at this point at least I’ll know they are working on my case. Maybe the fact that we have a child together (who was listed on my N400 and on I12F) who is expected to get a k2 might not generate an RFE, fingers crossed.

Timeline
7 hours ago, Deehotstepper said:

I would say a minimum of 4 to 6 weeks if you hit all the steps right. 2 weeks to get case number from NVC, and if case reaches embassy in Lagos with days, you can do a walk in medical exam without making an appointment, one of the two doctors in Lagos takes walk in appointments. it takes 7 to 10 days to get the slipped results for the medical exam. Once the case reaches Lagos, you can schedule your interview date, which should be two weeks out from the date you will be completing your medical exam. after your interview, if you are approved, you will be told on the spot and your visa should be ready in 3 to 5 days after the interview at the DHL office. 

Thank you, that was so detailed.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, azbob said:

Good grief this is agrovating.  I can only imagine what you guys are going through.

I'm at day 213 and put in an inquiry today. 

Same here. I just put in an inquiry today.

1 hour ago, fern28 said:

yes, then, I think you are correct in your assumption-- that name needed to be changed. These are considered formal legal documents right now so, a simple mistake of not changing the name is the type of stuff thats going to get the document sent back. 

OK all is done, I changed the names, he scanned it back to me, I printed it in color and I'll overnight it tomorrow morning. I am still suppose to receive a call back from a Tier2 tonight will post on here what he/she says. xoxo

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline
30 minutes ago, ashmed246 said:

I guess I should be expecting an RFE. I only sent one LOI with both of our names and our signatures. I’ll be glad if I even get an RFE at this point at least I’ll know they are working on my case. Maybe the fact that we have a child together (who was listed on my N400 and on I12F) who is expected to get a k2 might not generate an RFE, fingers crossed.

I don't see why 2 letter of intents are needed? I followed the VisaJourney guide listed on here and only included 1 with both names and signatures. I used the template provided here.

Just now, JayHouser said:

I don't see why 2 letter of intents are needed? I followed the VisaJourney guide listed on here and only included 1 with both names and signatures. I used the template provided here.

I followed it exactly too.... 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, JayHouser said:

That’s what I did too. Did you get an RFE for that?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline

When i called uscis tier 2 said he didnt see anything in my application that would get RFE and it would be unlikely for me to get an rfe this late. Still waiting at 223 days now

Edited by JayHouser

3 minutes ago, ashmed246 said:

That’s what I did too. Did you get an RFE for that?

Yes I received an RFE for not having both.....

Timeline
2 minutes ago, JayHouser said:

When i called uscis tier 2 said he didnt see anything in my application that would get RFE and it would be unlikely for me to get an rfe this late. Still waiting at 223 days now

I really hope not. I’m already at day 215

Just now, SilverMonk said:

You had one where both of you signed? 

That's what I had also 😐

Yes the one I sent initially had his signature and mine in it, wet signature. But I've been reading online that many people sent two. Why? I don't know because I followed the rules exactly but it's ok. Will send in another one. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Clecuona said:

Yes the one I sent initially had his signature and mine in it, wet signature. But I've been reading online that many people sent two. Why? I don't know because I followed the rules exactly but it's ok. Will send in another one. 

That's stupid that the letters need to be separate. 

Did anyone who was been approved already send only one letter with both signatures?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.