Pakyman

Same sex K1 requests in nonaccepting countries

34 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sierra Leone
Timeline
On 8/5/2018 at 7:57 PM, Wallhut said:

My fiance from Ghana recently arrived in the U.S. and we were married. You can't get any less gay-friendly than Ghana. As others have said, the people your fiance will deal with are U.S. citizens. We did not have any problem and the man who interviewed my fiance at the Accra consulate was very nice and respectful. Good luck! 

Omg thats great to here. Im transgender woman and im petitioning my fiance for k1 from Sierra leone a west African country. I didn't put on the petition that im trans but i did submit my birth certificate that has male as marked sex although my passport is female. Im just hoping that everything works out in our favor. We have known each other for 3 years and engaged for 2. I have taken 5 trips to his country and currently here now and plan on being with until his interview. Which is in about 3 weeks. Im also petitioning his 2 year old son on k2.

I wish you two all the luck in the world. I’d also like to amend my former comment to add that, while Ghana is not a gay-affirming culture, there are plenty of non-gay-affirming folks in America too, and while I may bemoan the lack of gay friendliness there, Ghanaians are the warmest, most lovely, charming and wonderful people I’ve ever encountered, which is why I married one.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

This happened to my ex wife in India...Our case was not of same sex. She was taken into a dark room wherein 4 big tall and dangerous American women...fraud investigators...got jumped on my wife on her face asking billions of questions and treated her as if she was a criminal...she was interrogated (like a terrorist) for 7 hours...all kinds of accusations thrown to her...said bad things about me to her...She was only 18 and young girl, so she got scared and started cry... she never experienced anything like this...and her parents raised her like a flower as well...so it was very different experience for her which made her to get scared and she started crying like a baby right there...They could let her have something to eat or drink..no lunch break or anything...straight 7 hours interrogation...all this because I was previously married a few times...not her, me...Poor girl...If I knew, I would have had gone there to her interview...There is any witness, no recording and no lawyer can be present...So, even if you would like to complaint about it, you have no proof nor any evidence to back up your claim...I think people should contact their congresspeople, President...and everyone to let them know how badly immigrants are being treated at abroad...and sad part is we dont have any proof to prove that...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Three year old thread locked to further replies.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.