Blessed06

Letter of invitation for Nigeria/Visa advice

21 posts in this topic

Hello, my name is Nicole. Im here for a little advice. I meet my boyfriend through a friend of mine. We never met in person; video chat, letters, long phone calls, helping to set up prayer groups on one of the conversation apps that we use.

We have been in a relationship for about twenty months. We are in the process of meeting for the very first time in person. I have meet his entire family through video calls, and personal phone calls. His mom and I have a very close frendship. I am friends with his brother's wives as well. They are good people and they have beautiful spirits. 

I received an invitation letter that was typed up by someone that he knows and he signed it. The letter invited me to come over to Nigeria as his guest. He will be responsible for all I'm migration responsibilities. 

The question I have is I think that he is going to propose to me. The reason it took me so long is that I just finished my Master's in clinical psychology. And, I'm free now for two months.

What do I need to put on my Visa application in order to get a tourist visa for Nigeria? Do I put I want to go visit my boyfriend? Or my friend and meet his family? I know I want to explore his culture and learn how to cook some of his favorite dishes, go to his church, meet his family and have a great time. 

Let me explain something I am careful and I will not be going alone and I trust him and his family. I am a Christian and I try the spirit by the spirit. 

I'm very much in love and I want to visit him. I came out of a bad relationship back in 2012 and school had me so busy I didn't know what to say. 

I will appreciate any advice. I'm so in love with him. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

I don’t have first hand advice for you but check out what is required -it may be on this site http://www.nigeriaembassyusa.org/ It’s much easier for a US citizen to obtain a visa for Nigeria than for them to come here. FYI :)

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Consulate : Port au Prince, Haiti             I-129F Sent : 4/14/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 4/24/14                            I-129F NOA2 : 9/10/14

NVC Received : 9/24/14                          NVC Left : 9/26/14

Consulate Received : 10/6/14 CEAC status changed to ready

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Medical: 10/30/14 Dr. Buteau                  Medical picked up: 11/3/14

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Visa Received : 12/10/14 picked up at Jacmel location

US Entry : 12/15/14 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Apply for Social Security Card: 12/30/14 Connecticut

Marriage: 1/26/15

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Biometrics : 4/15/15

Approved: 8/31/15                                     Received: 9/8/15

EAD

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Approved: 6/12/15

Received: 6/20/15

Removal of Conditions I-751

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Biometrics: Dated: 8/25/17   Received 9/2/17   Appointment 9/11/17 

Approved: 10/23/18 -no interview

Follow the instructions here: http://www.nigeriaembassyusa.org/index.php?page=visas

DOCUMENTS FOR TOURIST VISA

• Current passport (with at least 6 months validity)
  • Completed visa application form
  • Confirmation of online payment
  • 2 passport size pictures
  • Letter of invitation from Host accepting full immigration responsibility
  • Data page of Host passport,
  • Confirmed hotel reservation, if the applicant is not staying with Host
  • Evidence of funds to cover stay in Nigeria (letter from bank etc.)
  • Holders of non–U.S passports must provide proof of legal residency (photocopy of green card).

He is not able to sponsor your visa and it is an easy visa to get. Be careful while travelling to Nigeria as they have a level three warning against American's travelling there. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Consulate : Port au Prince, Haiti             I-129F Sent : 4/14/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 4/24/14                            I-129F NOA2 : 9/10/14

NVC Received : 9/24/14                          NVC Left : 9/26/14

Consulate Received : 10/6/14 CEAC status changed to ready

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Medical: 10/30/14 Dr. Buteau                  Medical picked up: 11/3/14

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Visa Received : 12/10/14 picked up at Jacmel location

US Entry : 12/15/14 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Apply for Social Security Card: 12/30/14 Connecticut

Marriage: 1/26/15

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Biometrics : 4/15/15

Approved: 8/31/15                                     Received: 9/8/15

EAD

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Approved: 6/12/15

Received: 6/20/15

Removal of Conditions I-751

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Biometrics: Dated: 8/25/17   Received 9/2/17   Appointment 9/11/17 

Approved: 10/23/18 -no interview

Yes, I've been researching for months. I just want to make sure that I put the right thing on my Visa application. Should I say visit my boyfriend or my friend? I know he is going to propose. I just feel it. If I say boyfriend they may think I'm not going to return back home. But, I will I have a life here. Thanks for your response. 

11 minutes ago, Blessed06 said:

What do I need to put on my Visa application in order to get a tourist visa for Nigeria? Do I put I want to go visit my boyfriend? Or my friend and meet his family?

Always. Always tell the truth. If he is your boyfriend, he is your boyfriend. If he is a friend, he is a friend. Never lie on immigration paperwork or to officials.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

My fiancé is from Nigeria. I went in May. Getting the visa is not difficult. I think you’re over thinking it. There’s nothing special you need to put in the application. Just fill out the details as requested. The invitation letter just needs to say you are invited by whomever, your travel dates, where you’re staying, and who’s funding the trip. 

The difficult part is that you have to go in person for biometrics. There are only 3 offices: Atlanta, DC, and I think LA. I was lucky in that they have a center here in Houston that takes the biometrics and sends to the Atlanta office. Otherwise I would have had to travel to one of the locations. 

Thanks Charlene, I have a friend name Charlene B. I am also close to Atlanta. I'm  ok with the biometrics. And, I was doing my Visa online. I found one place that is not requiring it for now. I only stay about an hour distance from Atlanta, but the morning traffic takes me 3 1/2 hours. 

Charlene, did you say you were visiting a friend or your boyfriend? I appreciate your advice. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, Blessed06 said:

Thanks Charlene, I have a friend name Charlene B. I am also close to Atlanta. I'm  ok with the biometrics. And, I was doing my Visa online. I found one place that is not requiring it for now. I only stay about an hour distance from Atlanta, but the morning traffic takes me 3 1/2 hours. 

Charlene, did you say you were visiting a friend or your boyfriend? I appreciate your advice. 

I was visiting my boyfriend (now fiancé).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.