dwheels76

NVC Filers - August 2018

2,142 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
1 hour ago, Abies said:

In our case,it took the NVC eight (8)calendar days from scan date to CC and got scheduled for interview six(6)calendar days post CC.

Good day. @Abies

How do you know the day of the scan, the one to have CC? 

Did you call them? 

I sent our packet last Monday and they received it on Tuesday at 10:10 hopefully we will hear something from them at the send of the upcoming week.

TIA for your reply 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, Saanish said:

The process has startled us a bit. 

We have submitted DS261

Will be calling on Monday to review it with the reps and then pay the fees 😊

When is you interview date? I am sure you are all excited and happy.

This whole thing takes a toll at times 

I thought your embassy is now pivot.

Nonetheless,you guys are already on the move. Call NVC to review the ds261 over the phone with you guys so that you can have access to make payment.

Speedy NVC process to you dear

Timeline
45 minutes ago, Bluecheck said:

Good day. @Abies

How do you know the day of the scan, the one to have CC? 

Did you call them? 

I sent our packet last Monday and they received it on Tuesday at 10:10 hopefully we will hear something from them at the send of the upcoming week.

TIA for your reply 

Since they received on Tuesday,you can call to know when it was scanned into the system but it doesnt take 1-2business days to scan them in after they have received it.

Best of luck 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hey everyone I been in and out of the ceac site and wondering how is the time through NVC now to case complete? Is it still 8  weeks less more. And I see the case Complete is still the same (why they can't put Case Complete as a status I have no idea. But it changes to at NVC then you.

I think the NVC Process wiki needs updating.  here's the wiki what needs updating? http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

6 hours ago, dwheels76 said:

Hey everyone I been in and out of the ceac site and wondering how is the time through NVC now to case complete? Is it still 8  weeks less more. And I see the case Complete is still the same (why they can't put Case Complete as a status I have no idea. But it changes to at NVC then you.

I think the NVC Process wiki needs updating.  here's the wiki what needs updating? http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

I agree the NVC wiki needs updating, although the fundamentals are still accurate. I think it would be beneficial if the wiki page had a section specific to pivot filers uploading docs through CEAC. A few discrepancies I noticed in my particular case (pivot through Sydney consulate):

• the NVC phone tree options on the wiki need updating, I think
  • the form DS-261did not apply for me, it does not exist on my CEAC account
  • there was no wait time between getting my case number (received by welcome letter, not by calling) and paying fees
  • I was able to pay the IV and AOS fees at the same time with no processing time in between
  • there is no cover sheet necessary when uploading on CEAC

I’m sure there is more, those are just the things that stood out to me. Hope this helps!

Beneficiary Country: UK / Consulate: Sydney, Australia / Nebraska Service Center

27-Nov-2017 - Sent I-130 package to Chicago Lockbox

30-Nov-2017 (+3 days, 3 days) - NOA1, petition sent to Nebraska Service Center

28-Jun-2018 (+210 days, 213 days) - NOA2, petition approved

16-Jul-2018 (+18 days, 231 days) - Petition sent to Department of State

23-Jul-2018 (+7 days, 238 days) - Petition received by NVC (confirmed via phone on 24 July)
21-Aug-2018 (+29 days, 267 days) - Welcome Letter received by email, paid AOS and IV fee

23-Aug-2018 (+2 days, 269 days) - IV Application (Form DS-260), Civil Documents, Affidavit of Support, and Financial Documents all submitted to NVC on CEAC

7-Sep-2018 (+15 days, 284 days) - NVC Case Complete

18-9-2018 (+11 days, 295 days) - Interview scheduled, received notification from NVC via email - interview set for 16 October

16-10-2018 (+28 days, 323 days) - Interview - visa approved!

18-10-2018 (+2 days, 325 days) - Passport and visa received by AusPost Express Platinum

8 minutes ago, beachboy95 said:

Me and my wife had to resubmit a few docs which were rejected by the NVC. We resubmitted on the 21st and 22nd of August. How long do you all think until I have case complete? Uploaded to CEAC. Pivot Case. Waiting anxiously for a case complete! 

May I ask the reasons the docs were rejected? We just uploaded everything a few days ago and are anxiously waiting to see if everything is accepted or not! I’m not sure on a timeline for you to CC, but hopefully it’s quick!

Beneficiary Country: UK / Consulate: Sydney, Australia / Nebraska Service Center

27-Nov-2017 - Sent I-130 package to Chicago Lockbox

30-Nov-2017 (+3 days, 3 days) - NOA1, petition sent to Nebraska Service Center

28-Jun-2018 (+210 days, 213 days) - NOA2, petition approved

16-Jul-2018 (+18 days, 231 days) - Petition sent to Department of State

23-Jul-2018 (+7 days, 238 days) - Petition received by NVC (confirmed via phone on 24 July)
21-Aug-2018 (+29 days, 267 days) - Welcome Letter received by email, paid AOS and IV fee

23-Aug-2018 (+2 days, 269 days) - IV Application (Form DS-260), Civil Documents, Affidavit of Support, and Financial Documents all submitted to NVC on CEAC

7-Sep-2018 (+15 days, 284 days) - NVC Case Complete

18-9-2018 (+11 days, 295 days) - Interview scheduled, received notification from NVC via email - interview set for 16 October

16-10-2018 (+28 days, 323 days) - Interview - visa approved!

18-10-2018 (+2 days, 325 days) - Passport and visa received by AusPost Express Platinum

4 minutes ago, Keeley said:

May I ask the reasons the docs were rejected? We just uploaded everything a few days ago and are anxiously waiting to see if everything is accepted or not! I’m not sure on a timeline for you to CC, but hopefully it’s quick!

Hello, The birth certificate was wrong and the marriage certificate was not uploaded correctly. :/. Hoping we both hear back hear this week. Good luck!!

24 minutes ago, beachboy95 said:

Hello, The birth certificate was wrong and the marriage certificate was not uploaded correctly. :/. Hoping we both hear back hear this week. Good luck!!

I seen my friend resubmit some documents and got cc faster then original submission hope you get yours on monday even though I though you already got cc

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline
12 hours ago, Abies said:

Since they received on Tuesday,you can call to know when it was scanned into the system but it doesnt take 1-2business days to scan them in after they have received it.

I'm kind of confused by this, what do you mean it doesn't take 1-2 business days? You mean it ONLY takes 1-2 business days? Chile does mail processing not email and I'm wondering how long it will take NVC to process my docs once they arrive.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Hello guys, I just read sample DS260. it asks the previous address date nice turning to 16 of age. I only remember the YEAR of my previous two addresses( none of my relatives remember this). how should i do ? thanks.    

Timeline
3 hours ago, hm139 said:

I'm kind of confused by this, what do you mean it doesn't take 1-2 business days? You mean it ONLY takes 1-2 business days? Chile does mail processing not email and I'm wondering how long it will take NVC to process my docs once they arrive.

Since Chile is snail mailing processing,call NVC when they receive your package for scan date confirmation.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Mara0899 said:

Hello guys, I just read sample DS260. it asks the previous address date nice turning to 16 of age. I only remember the YEAR of my previous two addresses( none of my relatives remember this). how should i do ? thanks.    

You will have no other choice than remember and put a date in the boxes.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.