cumulonimbus

Any Miami or South FL AOS filers?

111 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, vzk said:

Hello,

How long is the wait for the EAD after the fingerprints? Something like 8 months or more? Miami Office here

AOS NOA1 - 7/16/2019

EAD NOA1 -7/16/2019

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

Check the link above, also if you fill out your timeline you can get a guesstimate of the time frame.

For EAD they are are currently working on March 9th. The waiting times just updates to 2.5 - 5 months.

Edited by KJvisa
Typo

Our journey so far:🙂

03 /12/19- Sent I-130, I-485, I-131 & I-765 (via USPS)
03/14/19 - Arrived at Chicago lock box
03/19/19- NOA1 via text (all petitions NBC)
03/22/19- Biometrics notice
03/25/19 - NOA1 via mail for AOSEAD & AP 
03/30/19- NOA1 for scheduled biometrics appointment (via mail)
04/12/19- Biometrics appointment completed 

2 minutes ago, KJvisa said:

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

Check the link above, also if you fill out your time you can get a guest image of the time frame also.

For EAD they are are currently working on March 9th. The waiting times just updates to 2.5 - 5 months.

Thank you very much. So four months since we are from July

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline
On 8/1/2019 at 9:58 AM, FLboy123 said:

Google “USCIS medical exam validity 2 years” and you’ll find its now 2 years for forms filed before Oct 2018. That’s why I re did it but then the officer said that mine was good anyways because now it’s 2 years.

To be completely honest, I don’t know if she got confused and then after reviewing the whole file post interview she would have asked for a new one, or if it really was valid.

you can skip it and see how it goes, worst case you’ll do it again. It will just delay your decision by a month or so probably if they ask for it, now everything is blood test and it takes 1 week, and while you send it an they review it, prob 2-3 more weeks.

Thanks for this info. I actually got confused, from the instructions it looks like I am not required to repeat the medical examination at all because I'm adjusting from a K-1 Visa. Congrats for you GC and thank you again for your review 

Facebook group: K-1 Visa Italia 

April 10 2018 US ENTRY (K-1 Visa) 

August 27 2019 GREEN CARD ISSUED

June 05-2021 ROC SE NT 

Hi, and thank you for your advice. :)

Me (K1) and my partner received the "case scheduled for an interview" on May in Miami but we're planning to move to Minneapolis.

Should we wait or should we move? What's your advice? We have seen that processing times  for AOS in Miami are like more than even  2 year long !!! Is that normal? ??? Is that for all the immigrants or they mix different kind of visas?

We were planning to wait for my Green Card to move but now we're not so sure :/

Thanks.

Timeline

Hey @FLboy123, how long after you GC interview in Kendall did you receive the actual card in the mail? 

June 05-2021 ROC SE NT 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

We are this year June filers based in Miami! 

I don’t have much expectations from the local office, but still full of hope to at least receive my EAD by the end of the year 😄

What about i-131, guys? Has anybody been approved for it and traveled outside the US with this Travel Document?

I would also want to encourage people to get a Library Card! Did you know that with the passes they offer you can actually go and enjoy so many places to free? Like Viscaya Museum or Deering Estate or even a Zoo. 

And the Railroad museum has a free admission for every Saturday of the month till December!

I hope this information will be useful for somebody 😁 

40 minutes ago, theafons said:

We are this year June filers based in Miami! 

I don’t have much expectations from the local office, but still full of hope to at least receive my EAD by the end of the year 😄

What about i-131, guys? Has anybody been approved for it and traveled outside the US with this Travel Document?

I would also want to encourage people to get a Library Card! Did you know that with the passes they offer you can actually go and enjoy so many places to free? Like Viscaya Museum or Deering Estate or even a Zoo. 

And the Railroad museum has a free admission for every Saturday of the month till December!

I hope this information will be useful for somebody 😁 

My wife and I traveled 3 times... no questions on any by the officer in the booth or in secondary screening. In the room it was just wait to be called and to only get passport and card and leave. First two times we waiting around 15 mins arriving mid afternoon, third and last almost 3 hours on a Sunday evening as there was only one officer in the secondary screening room.. so my recommendation be patient... also another recommendation is that is tell anyone from the personnel that you have an AP before doing any line, they usually take it straight to an officer or at least a short line... first time we lost 30 mins in the self service machine Lines that obviously won’t work with AP.

Edited by FLboy123

Timeline

My husband and I had our interview yesterday at Kendall F.O. 

I'm adjusting my status from a K-1 Visa. RD was August 6th, 2018. 

We had a truly pleasant experience. We were interviewed by a senior IO who was extremely kind and courteous. 

Our interview lasted about 30 minutes. I'll share some highlights here:

• The IO went over our submitted Form I-485, confirmed biographic information of both, inquired about any changes, asked all yes/no questions. 
  • We were asked if we had proof like photographs, joint bank account, joint credit card, joint health insurance. We gave everything we were requested. The IO kept 3 photographs and various statements. 
  • Throughout the interview we were asked to talk about us, our jobs, and this and that. The atmosphere was extremely relaxed, I'd say the IO gave us the chance to just have a nice conversation about our life, and he was politely curious about our answers and stories. 

After some final questions, he told us our case was approved and congratulated us. 

He explained the new documentation we submitted was going to be reviewed before the official approval, and gave us a "hand-delivered at interview" paper which stated that our case was being held for review and that USCIS did not require further information or documents from us. He also gave us additional explanatory documents about when to file for the ROC process and other generic information. 

Our case changed to "Interview was completed and my case must be reviewed" and today it was updated to "New card is being produced".

I'm only able to see this update on https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do and neither the app Case Tracker nor MyUscis show it, but they have always been quite unreliable for checking all my cases. 

Good luck to you!

June 05-2021 ROC SE NT 

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Finland
Timeline

Interview was scheduled today (May 2019 filer).  Zip code wise, my field office is Miami but won't know which office the interview will be at until I get the physical letter.

In my case, the quoted processing times on the USCIS website couldn't have been more off.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cuba
Timeline

After two long years, I finally had my interview on Monday, September 23rd. My case was transferred from the Miami office to Kendall in July and I think that's what moved my case forward. The interview lasted 20 to 30 minutes. The USCIS official reviewed the entire I-485 form and asked me some questions about my work and life in the United States.

On Tuesday I checked the old tracking website and it says new card it's being produced! I'm very happy. 

It's been quite a journey where patience it's key. Good luck to those who are still in the process or who have just started.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Finland
Timeline
On 9/11/2019 at 2:57 PM, KandN said:

Interview was scheduled today (May 2019 filer).  Zip code wise, my field office is Miami but won't know which office the interview will be at until I get the physical letter.

In my case, the quoted processing times on the USCIS website couldn't have been more off.

Can confirm that my interview was scheduled for Oct 31st at the Kendall office which is not my office by zip code. Perhaps they actually are making an effort to reduce the previously ridiculous wait times in South FL.

After 90 days since my RFIE was received my case is “ ready to be schedule for an interview”!  I know I have a long wait being at Oakland park, buts it a small victory lol. 

Now back to waiting on my EAD/AP (195 days)😅 P.D March 14th 

On 9/25/2019 at 8:42 AM, DayDayDay said:

After two long years, I finally had my interview on Monday, September 23rd. My case was transferred from the Miami office to Kendall in July and I think that's what moved my case forward. The interview lasted 20 to 30 minutes. The USCIS official reviewed the entire I-485 form and asked me some questions about my work and life in the United States.

On Tuesday I checked the old tracking website and it says new card it's being produced! I'm very happy. 

It's been quite a journey where patience it's key. Good luck to those who are still in the process or who have just started.

Congratulations on. The interview!

may i ask after waiting 2 years did  you receive  the 2 year conditional or 10 year Green card?. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.