cumulonimbus

Any Miami or South FL AOS filers?

111 posts in this topic

On 5/22/2019 at 7:27 AM, JMK_IT said:

Ciao. Did anyone here have to go through the process of renewing their EAD because of the wait? 

My field office is Miami and given how brutal the processing times look, I’m afraid I should start thinking about that. I can’t risk losing my job for this.

How long do renewals usually take? How early should I apply? 

I filed at the end of July 2018 and received my work permit at the beginning of January 2019. 

Also, is the fee waived in this particular case? 

Thank you 

I received my work permit in May 2018 and applied for renewal in December 2018, six months before my expiration date. 

My expiration date was last week and I had not yet received the renewal. Thankfully, my AOS was approved this week so I didn't need it.

I would recommend that you apply to renew early, its been taking 7 months or more lately and at least I was able to renew my driver's license with just the NOA1 of the renewal (the 180 day extension). 

6 minutes ago, cumulonimbus said:

I received my work permit in May 2018 and applied for renewal in December 2018, six months before my expiration date. 

My expiration date was last week and I had not yet received the renewal. Thankfully, my AOS was approved this week so I didn't need it.

I would recommend that you apply to renew early, its been taking 7 months or more lately and at least I was able to renew my driver's license with just the NOA1 of the renewal (the 180 day extension). 

Hey what’s your aos received date?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline
On 5/22/2019 at 7:38 AM, FLboy123 said:

Don’t want to give you low hopes, but probably you’ll have too, my wife is Oct 2017 and we’re still waiting for the interview notice. The good thing is that you can apply 4 months in advance, and they give you a 180 day extension so if you do it on time you have a 10 month buffer for processing, you can’t travel after your current expires though. My wife’s expire end of September and we’re preparing everything to file for renewal the next week or two. Another good thing is that there’s not processing fee for this, if you file on your own is free, if you file with a lawyer they shouldn’t charge more than 500-600 for it, it’s a very simple app.

Thank you. I was already pretty discouraged because I figured it would be something like this, lol. 

For the renewal I have to file the same form, right? (I-765)

Might as well start doing it asap. 

Facebook group: K-1 Visa Italia 

April 10 2018 US ENTRY (K-1 Visa) 

August 27 2019 GREEN CARD ISSUED

June 05-2021 ROC SE NT 

Timeline
10 minutes ago, cumulonimbus said:

john cena mind blown GIF

June 05-2021 ROC SE NT 

Here's my timeline:

AOS package sent - 12/22/2017

AOS package received - 12/29/2017

AOS NOA1 - 12/29/2017

EAD NOA1 -12/29/2017

AP NOA1 - 12/29/2017

Biometrics - 1/26/2018

EAD NOA2 - 5/11/2018

AP NOA2 - 5/11/2018

Combo card received - 5/19/2018

AOS interview scheduled notice - 8/2/2018

AOS interview - 9/10/2018

2 infopasses later...

RFE - 3/8/2019

RFE submitted - 3/28/2019

RFE received - 3/29/2019

AOS approved - 5/17/2019

Card in hand - 5/23/2019

1 hour ago, JMK_IT said:

Edited by cumulonimbus
edit merge

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Finally my case is scheduled notice date was july 7th 2017 and my interview is scheduled for the 10th of july 2019. Miami filer here!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cuba
Timeline
53 minutes ago, Baseboz said:

Finally my case is scheduled notice date was july 7th 2017 and my interview is scheduled for the 10th of july 2019. Miami filer here!

Niiice they’re at July 2017 already. I’m October filler. Just a couple of months more of waiting.

Good luck on your interview! 

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Today our status finally changed to "interview was scheduled"! 

Miami FO. Receipt date is August 2, 2018!

June 05-2021 ROC SE NT 

On 6/6/2019 at 3:25 PM, Baseboz said:

Hey, How did your interview go? 

Our journey so far:🙂

03 /12/19- Sent I-130, I-485, I-131 & I-765 (via USPS)
03/14/19 - Arrived at Chicago lock box
03/19/19- NOA1 via text (all petitions NBC)
03/22/19- Biometrics notice
03/25/19 - NOA1 via mail for AOSEAD & AP 
03/30/19- NOA1 for scheduled biometrics appointment (via mail)
04/12/19- Biometrics appointment completed 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bolivia
Timeline
On 7/22/2019 at 11:34 PM, KJvisa said:

Hey, How did your interview go? 

Yes how was it? My wife and I have our interview scheduled (K1) 

Hi all, Oct 2017 Miami office filer here, green card marriage based.

I had my interview yesterday in the Kendall office. USCIS moved my case to Kendall due to the high demand and backlog in the Miami office. To be honest overall great experience, the Officer was extremely nice, we just went over the application and that’s it, we’ve been married for 3 years and have joint accounts, leases, tax returns, etc, so no questions, I would say the whole thing lasted between 10-15mins with a closing statement that’s everything was looking very good for approval, just needed to check some stuff from my i130.

I got this afternoon the notification saying my card is in production and just a few mins ago another saying my case is approved (don’t understand the timing lol I would say it should be the other way around). Looking back it was a very long wait, but all worth it with the great news and the last taste of the process with the interview being extremely and surprisingly positive and easy.

By the way, I redid my medical exam (another $560 OUCH) and the officer said that my original one was good anyways because now these last 2 years. 

Edited by FLboy123

3 minutes ago, FLboy123 said:

I had my interview yesterday in the Kendall office. USCIS moved my case to Kendall due to the high demand and backlog in the Miami office. To be honest overall great experience, the Officer was extremely nice, we just went over the application and that’s it, we’ve been married for 3 years and have joint accounts, leases, tax returns, etc, so no questions, I would say the whole thing lasted between 10-15mins with a closing statement that’s everything was looking very good for approval, just needed to check some stuff from my i130.

I got this afternoon the notification saying my card is in production and just a few mins ago another saying my case is approved (don’t understand the timing lol I would say it should be the other way around). Looking back it was a very long wait, but all worth it with the great news and the last taste of the process with the interview was extremely and surprisingly positive. 

Congratulations! Glad it all went smoothly for you both. All the best!

Our journey so far:🙂

03 /12/19- Sent I-130, I-485, I-131 & I-765 (via USPS)
03/14/19 - Arrived at Chicago lock box
03/19/19- NOA1 via text (all petitions NBC)
03/22/19- Biometrics notice
03/25/19 - NOA1 via mail for AOSEAD & AP 
03/30/19- NOA1 for scheduled biometrics appointment (via mail)
04/12/19- Biometrics appointment completed 

Timeline
11 hours ago, FLboy123 said:

I got this afternoon the notification saying my card is in production and just a few mins ago another saying my case is approved (don’t understand the timing lol I would say it should be the other way around). Looking back it was a very long wait, but all worth it with the great news and the last taste of the process with the interview being extremely and surprisingly positive and easy.

By the way, I redid my medical exam (another $560 OUCH) and the officer said that my original one was good anyways because now these last 2 years. 

Congratulations!!! 

I was assigned to the Kendall office as well (originally it was Miami). 

My interview will be at the end of the month, and in these days I'm contacting various civil surgeons to re-do the medical examination. I did mine overseas in March 2018 and I thought the validity was 1 year?

I'm thorn after reading your post, it would be great to save $500+ if it's unnecessary. 

June 05-2021 ROC SE NT 

5 minutes ago, JMK_IT said:

Congratulations!!! 

I was assigned to the Kendall office as well (originally it was Miami). 

My interview will be at the end of the month, and in these days I'm contacting various civil surgeons to re-do the medical examination. I did mine overseas in March 2018 and I thought the validity was 1 year?

I'm thorn after reading your post, it would be great to save $500+ if it's unnecessary. 

Google “USCIS medical exam validity 2 years” and you’ll find its now 2 years for forms filed before Oct 2018. That’s why I re did it but then the officer said that mine was good anyways because now it’s 2 years.

To be completely honest, I don’t know if she got confused and then after reviewing the whole file post interview she would have asked for a new one, or if it really was valid.

you can skip it and see how it goes, worst case you’ll do it again. It will just delay your decision by a month or so probably if they ask for it, now everything is blood test and it takes 1 week, and while you send it an they review it, prob 2-3 more weeks.

Edited by FLboy123

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.