cumulonimbus

Any Miami or South FL AOS filers?

111 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Barbados
Timeline

Looking for fellow South FL filers. It seems like most of the timeline entries are from people who filed for AOS over 2 years ago, when the process was quicker. 

Dec 2017 filer here and I know we're in for a  long wait, just wanted to see who else is waiting too! 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline

Hi, I'm from Miami. Following this thread!

I came right on time, haha. I sent out my AOS package just yesterday.

How long did it take to receive your EAD/AP?

Facebook group: K-1 Visa Italia 

April 10 2018 US ENTRY (K-1 Visa) 

August 27 2019 GREEN CARD ISSUED

June 05-2021 ROC SE NT 

Timeline
40 minutes ago, Chris in Florida said:

I have several friends who filed their AOSs well over a year ago and have yet to hear anything. I'd expect wait times to go up and not down in the near future. Ugh. 

Good luck!

Were they adjusting from K-1 as well?

June 05-2021 ROC SE NT 

Timeline
7 hours ago, ababsurd said:

Hi, I'm from Miami. Following this thread!

I came right on time, haha. I sent out my AOS package just yesterday.

How long did it take to receive your EAD/AP?

Took us 5 months for receive the EAD/AP !

Timeline

MANTRA: Patience 

What are you guys up to during these months of waiting? 

June 05-2021 ROC SE NT 

Timeline
Just now, Tomalley said:

Nothing to do :( travel around .. or stay home, or read, movies, volunteer . But not a normal life at all.. try to get your driver license if you can 

I feel you! Try to keep yourself as busy as you can, even with the silliest things that bring you joy. It's not easy, but it won't be forever like this. 

I am currently using my EU driver's license, I was told it will be valid for use in the U.S. until the expiration of my Visa (September). I'm not sure if it's a correct information, though. 

I read on the DMV website that you need the GC in order to qualify for a FL driver's license 😕

June 05-2021 ROC SE NT 

Just now, ababsurd said:

I feel you! Try to keep yourself as busy as you can, even with the silliest things that bring you joy. It's not easy, but it won't be forever like this. 

I am currently using my EU driver's license, I was told it will be valid for use in the U.S. until the expiration of my Visa (September). I'm not sure if it's a correct information, though. 

I read on the DMV website that you need the GC in order to qualify for a FL driver's license 😕

I am in FL too, you don’t need a GC for your DL. You can call DMV and ask them what documents they need and get a DL last for a year without GC. That’s what I know. 

I am traveling to visit my spouse family. But still, I would like to work and make friends. It is not easy for me to make friends. 

Timeline
Just now, Tomalley said:

I am in FL too, you don’t need a GC for your DL. You can call DMV and ask them what documents they need and get a DL last for a year without GC. That’s what I know. 

This is great to know, thanks for the tip. I'll call again to get more info about it.

1 minute ago, Tomalley said:

I am traveling to visit my spouse family. But still, I would like to work and make friends. It is not easy for me to make friends. 

I know. My personal thought on that is that it is difficult to make friends in Florida in general, especially for the way Florida's lifestyle is structured. I'm in Miami, where people constantly come and go. I also don't speak Spanish, and this makes things harder in social situations. I'm currently studying it, I see it's basically always required when applying for any type of job. 

I am trying to get involved in as many activities as I can! Breaking the ice is the only way to go ☺️

June 05-2021 ROC SE NT 

39 minutes ago, ababsurd said:

This is great to know, thanks for the tip. I'll call again to get more info about it.

I know. My personal thought on that is that it is difficult to make friends in Florida in general, especially for the way Florida's lifestyle is structured. I'm in Miami, where people constantly come and go. I also don't speak Spanish, and this makes things harder in social situations. I'm currently studying it, I see it's basically always required when applying for any type of job. 

I am trying to get involved in as many activities as I can! Breaking the ice is the only way to go ☺️

I just don’t think you can make friends in the streets Hahahah. I didn’t know that Spanish is required to every job. OMG. My English is not that great yet , I am working in my English now .

Yeah, I agree, we have to break the ice. Hopefully when we work, it would be easy to make friends.. Who knows.

Timeline
6 hours ago, ababsurd said:

I was able to get a FL driver's license with my EAD/AP combo card. The license is valid till the expiration of the card.

What am I doing while waiting? I'm in school and patiently waiting to renew the EAD since the waiting period has gotten so much longer. I think I'll renew in November/December which will be right around 6 months till the expiration date. Unfortunately I doubt we'll have an interview scheduled by our 1 year mark. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline

I just saw someone post in the 2017 July filers saying that they just got their interview done and is waiting for their GC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi, from South Florida too. My local office is West Palm Beach. NOA1 date is May 30th, biometrics was June 18th and on July 17th my AOS status changed to "Case is ready to be scheduled for interview". EAD and AP are still "Case was received". It seems as if we have to be veeeeeery patient 🙄 Keeping my fingers crossed for everybody here!!

Edited by MaSi

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.