Greenbaum

August 2018 NOA2 -----> NVC

2,040 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
53 minutes ago, Chair_force1 said:

Yeah I saw a screenshot of it, said no photo needed, a photo will be taken by .... I forget what  agency or office it said will provide or take the photo , but I saw it yesterday 🤷‍♂️

Just confirmed this on the Rio consulate page. You don't need to upload a picture. :)

rio visa journey info.JPG

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
24 minutes ago, Chair_force1 said:

Just called NVC, got our case number

NOA2:  08/14/2018

NVC #  08/28/2018

the woman on the phone wasn’t very pleasant but at least I got my #

she said the petitioner name didn’t match what she has on file.  I said how can that be, it’s correct on the NOA2?  The have my middle name as my first name, and my first name as my last name.  Asked her if it would affect the visa at embassy, she said no.  But I can correct it by sending a copy of my passport using an NVC inquiry on their website.  

Congrats. You have same noa2 number as me so I will give them a ring and see if they have my case number. Wonder if we will make the batch that gets sent out next week?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
3 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

DS160 can be filed anytime but some Embassy's require different procedures. See your Embassy's P3 below. Same with medical.

P3 instructions for the UK
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1M92AwztXRnkFw6xwUF0ZlntJ6D4-eK2E/view?usp=sharing

Embassy Page
https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee-2/required-documents/

London Portal here on VJ
http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=United Kingdom&cty=London 

There are experts over in the sub -forum for your country located here http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/99-united-kingdom/ where others from your country are processing or they are there after they have finished with everything and can guide you on their experience. A TON of information and help there.

Once you receive case number:

First of all, if you haven’t already done so, make sure you complete your DS-160 and request your police certificate.  Now that you have your case number, you can call Knightsbridge to schedule your medical exam.  You’ll need to give them your case number when you schedule your appointment.  Once you have your exam scheduled, DS-160 completed and have everything else that you need for your interview, complete the Notification of Applicant Readiness Form and when your NVC case status changes to “In-transit” you can go to https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb/iv to create an account and schedule an interview.  Make sure that you allow at least 5 working days between the date of your medical exam and the date of your interview or risk the results from the exam not arriving in time.  For your interview go here https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb/iv/  or call here 442074867822 

U.S. Embassy London is pleased to inform you that we have received an approved petition in support of your
fiancee) or K3/4 visa application. Please refer to our website at https://uk.usembassv.gov/visas/fiancee-2/applying-for-the-visa/ for detailed instructions on preparing for your visa interview and scheduling the appointment.

In accordance with 9 FAM 41.81 PN3.2, please find:

•    One copy of the petitioner's approved Form I- 129F, together with any criminal background information (including information on protection orders) that USCIS has gathered on the petitioner and any information that USC1S has provided regarding prior Form 1-129F filings by the petitioner.

•    One copy of USCIS's pamphlet, "Information on the Legal Rights Available to Immigrant Victims of Domestic Violence in the United States and Facts about Immigrating on a Marriage-Based Visa.

Issuance of a K visa is not guaranteed. A Consular Officer will evaluate your case and make a final determination

You are advised not to make any travel plans until you receive your visa.

Should you need to communicate with the Embassy regarding your case, please provide your case number exactly as
it is listed below.

https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/tourism-visitor/required-documents/

Omg wow you are amazing!!! Thank you so much for all the info 😊

02/12/18 - Sent I-129F

02/20/18 - NOA1

08/20/18 - NOA2

09/10/18 - Case at NVC/Case # Received

09/18/18- In Transit

10/03/18 - Medical Appointment

10/17/18 - Interview Appointment

10/23/18 - Issued

xx/xx/18 - Visa on Hand

10/30/18 - POE to USA

25 minutes ago, That Bingo said:

Just confirmed this on the Rio consulate page. You don't need to upload a picture. :)

rio visa journey info.JPG

Well, you have three choices for the photo:

1. Try a different browser and see if that works.

2. Skip up loading a photo if you run into an error while completing the DS-160. Just try the upload and if it gives you an error message then I understand that you can move forward if up loading fails. But to move forward you must make an attempt to up load or it will not let you proceed to completion.

3. Follow the directions to bring a well qualified picture. Read the photo requirements for additional help.

So that pretty much ends that issue. NEXT. :thumbs:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

3 hours ago, SR_CAN said:

My fiance (Petitioner) is moving into our new apartment Sept 14. He already received NOA2 hard copy in the mail (Aug 8). Is everything else from NOA2 on out, sent to the beneficiary (Ie// P3, P4, etc)? I'm planning on changing his address once he moves and setting up mail forwarding at his old apartment, but I'm a little worried we'll miss important mail in between. Thank you! 

Maybe @Greenbaum can help me clarify? 🤗

Is everything else from NOA2 on out, sent to the beneficiary (Ie// P3, P4, etc)?  NO Case Number is the only item left that will be sent to him. You can use USPS mail forwarding so that he will receive mail that he may miss after leaving the old for the new.

https://www.usa.gov/post-office

It's advisable to contact NVC via https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/ask-nvc.html to update your email address as well as your beneficiary's email address that way you will get an email of the case number if you were to ever need it along the way. (You will need it for AOS after you are married). 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

2 hours ago, hannahraeroxs said:

It should have updated, only have noa1 and noa2 and my Fiancé will be in London embassy

Still not up dated. Refer back to my instructions if you would please for future reference. Thank you.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
48 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Is everything else from NOA2 on out, sent to the beneficiary (Ie// P3, P4, etc)?  NO Case Number is the only item left that will be sent to him. You can use USPS mail forwarding so that he will receive mail that he may miss after leaving the old for the new.

https://www.usa.gov/post-office

It's advisable to contact NVC via https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/ask-nvc.html to update your email address as well as your beneficiary's email address that way you will get an email of the case number if you were to ever need it along the way. (You will need it for AOS after you are married). 

Thank you yet again, @Greenbaum 🙏

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Yay! I got my casenumber today through email (asknvc@state.gov)

NOA2 August 13th

NVC# August 28th

When I checked on my case status it is still at the NVC (of course) but when I clicked on a hyperlink it takes me to a website where I need to follow 6 steps.. Like paying visa fees, filling in the DS-260? and some other stuff..

I am not sure if I need to follow these steps since I need to fill in the DS-160.. @Greenbaum do you have information about this?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Just got my case number from NVC and our petition is under administrative processing before being sent off to Montreal - NOA 2 is August 8, so 20 days since! I called the non-immigrant line last week (case number wasn't ready) and called the immigrant line just now. Wait was less than 2 minutes! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

Couple of questions: 

1- just got my approved noa2 confirmation on the phone today, but website hasn’t updated with approved. Did anyone else have this happen and did it change later? Just making sure the person was correct in saying we have been approved lol

2- what exactly is the ds-160? I’m confused because my fiancé got his police background check from Belgium. Does he also need the ds-160?

Edited by ShanGaut

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
1 minute ago, ShanGaut said:

Couple of questions: 

1- just got my approved noa2 confirmation on the phone today, but website hasn’t updated with approved. Did anyone else have this happen and did it change later? Just making sure the person was correct in saying we have been approved lol

2- what exactly is the ds-160? I’m confused because my fiancé got his police background check from Belgium. Does he also need the ds-160?

Yea..we also aproved on the phone on 24aug..! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.