2,949 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 8/3/2018 at 10:00 PM, sandranj said:

wow...unbeliavable how the attorneys you went have no clue about VAWA/REMOVAL. I had hundreds of cases of people that were in removal proceedings,many former visa journey members,  and all of  them got them got their  GC without any problem.

When your VAWA is approved you need to ask USCIS counsel to join you in the petition to ask the Court to terminate the removal proceddings, and he will once the VAWA is approved . When the removal  is terminated then you can  file I-485 with USCIS and adjust status with USCIS. In case he doesn't want to terminate  the removal proceedings after VAWA approval(never saw one single case like this) then you can adjust the status with the Immigration Court.

99% of the VAWA cases are approved with deferred action,deferred action means they CANNOT DEPORT YOU until final decision in your adjustament of status. Anna I will help you to file VAWA without charging you,but I will not represent you,it means I can review your affidavit,evaluation and filing form I-360 and you can sign your own I-360. I WILL NOT BE YOUR ATTORNEY! But  when VAWA is approved then you should find some attorney with experience in removal to help you with the removal. For everything that you told here i believe you have a VAWA case,but you need to have a GOOD psychological evaluation,if your evaluation is not good then I won't be able to help you because is very important the psychologist drafts a GREAT evaluation and not a 2/3 pages with some generic information.

Hey @sandranj if you get deferred action does that allow you to get a work permit (EAD) ??

or do you still have to have a pending i485 ? 

Thanks! 

24 minutes ago, MariFD said:

Hey @sandranj if you get deferred action does that allow you to get a work permit (EAD) ??

or do you still have to have a pending i485 ? 

Thanks! 

You may apply for I-765 under category c31, which means you will receive your EAD after I-360 approval. You don’t need a pending I-485 for this. 

If you have a pending I-485, you can apply under category c9, which will give you the EAD while your I-360 is still pending. 

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline
1 hour ago, iwillsurvive said:

You may apply for I-765 under category c31, which means you will receive your EAD after I-360 approval. You don’t need a pending I-485 for this. 

If you have a pending I-485, you can apply under category c9, which will give you the EAD while your I-360 is still pending. 

@iwillsurvive I'm sorry its just that immigration laws are soo complicated.. So basically if I get Deffered action it just protects me from deportation. EAD will only be given when VAWA is approved OR if I have a pending i485 (cat c9) ? 

1 hour ago, MariFD said:

@iwillsurvive I'm sorry its just that immigration laws are soo complicated.. So basically if I get Deffered action it just protects me from deportation. EAD will only be given when VAWA is approved OR if I have a pending i485 (cat c9) ? 

Immigration law is very complicated indeed. 

Deferred action means you will not get deported until a decision is made on you adjusting status. When USCIS approves an I-360, Deferred Action is granted to the petitioner.

I-765 is the form you fill in to receive your Employment Authorization Document. This form is not dependent on the deferred action document. 

If you filed I-360, you may file I-765 and check category C31, which means you will receive your EAD once your VAWA is approved. 

If you have a pending I-485, you may file I-765 under category C09, which means you will get your EAD 3-5 months after filing I-765.

3 minutes ago, Sheenane said:

They still on November 2016.can I file for the  work authorization permit? 

No they are adjudicating March-May 2017 right now. 

November 2016 is officially the date that if you filed before then, you can submit a service request. You can use the first number in the range to calculate processing times. Don’t look at the date. That’s just for when you can submit a request. 

Yes you can file I-765 usinf category c31 if you only submitted I-360. You will receive your work permit once your VAWA is apprved. 

Edited by iwillsurvive

Filed: Other Country: Peru
Timeline
15 minutes ago, iwillsurvive said:

Immigration law is very complicated indeed. 

Deferred action means you will not get deported until a decision is made on you adjusting status. When USCIS approves an I-360, Deferred Action is granted to the petitioner.

I-765 is the form you fill in to receive your Employment Authorization Document. This form is not dependent on the deferred action document. 

If you filed I-360, you may file I-765 and check category C31, which means you will receive your EAD once your VAWA is approved. 

If you have a pending I-485, you may file I-765 under category C09, which means you will get your EAD 3-5 months after filing I-765.

You are wrong! I received deferred action for 15 months and my lawyer applied for EAD C-14! EAD based on deferred Action

I-360 approved on July 2018 and I got this update on my I-485 today... so the waiting game begins!!!!! Good luck to everyone :) It doesn’t say if mine was transferred to NBC or to my local field office which would be Chicago Field Office. I’ll post an update when I know more or receive any from my lawyer. 

EE39E94A-7525-4889-A4EF-F3CCA429DFFC.jpeg

I-360 approved on July 2018 and I got this update on my I-485 today... so the waiting game begins!!!!! Good luck to everyone :) It doesn’t say if mine was transferred to NBC or to my local field office which would be Chicago Field Office. I’ll post an update when I know more or receive any from my lawyer. 

Filed: Other Country: Haiti
Timeline

When did you file your I 360 plse?

17 minutes ago, JJ_1017 said:

EE39E94A-7525-4889-A4EF-F3CCA429DFFC.jpeg

When did you file your I 360 plse?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.