2,949 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, Ilo said:

I had  the same rfe before my case got approved, I had to rewrite my affidavit (16pages)about our relationship and explained why we couldn't do those things together, i submitted my spouse criminal  that prevented from doing some things. My lease was rejected because they were not sure we both signed it, and we didn't have utility bill, so I went to get a letter from the apartment. You should write affidavit explaining why you couldn't do things together and attach proof, you can also ask your Landlord to give you a letter if they knew you and your spouse lived there as husband and wife.

Thank you so much for your prompt and intelligent response. USCIS termed my rfe additional evidence but that was the first rfe i had gotten. Also i can get letter from home owner and affidavits from friends who knew us and who visited.chase bank wrote a letter to him at our shared residence emphasizing he couldn't be a customer.he was rejected by bank of America too but they didn't write him any letter.i wonder if i will be able to get statement from them. I am pleased that your case was approved after rfe response how long after your response did they approve? I notice i wasn't asked to prove abuse.i will also write a detailed affidavit like you did. Godbless you dear🙏😇

18 minutes ago, Favoured Queen👑 said:

Thank you so much for your prompt and intelligent response. USCIS termed my rfe additional evidence but that was the first rfe i had gotten. Also i can get letter from home owner and affidavits from friends who knew us and who visited.chase bank wrote a letter to him at our shared residence emphasizing he couldn't be a customer.he was rejected by bank of America too but they didn't write him any letter.i wonder if i will be able to get statement from them. I am pleased that your case was approved after rfe response how long after your response did they approve? I notice i wasn't asked to prove abuse.i will also write a detailed affidavit like you did. Godbless you dear🙏😇

Yes, you should get as many letter you can from home owners and friends, they didn't ask you to prove abuse because they believed you were abused. Mine was also additional rfe for bonafide marriage and shared residence, I didn't have friends or family to write me affidavit so I relied on my own statement and prayers. It was the first and only rfe I received, my case got approved 29days after they recieved my response. Good luck!

Edited by Ilo

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Benin
Timeline
5 hours ago, Dharmaraj said:

Hi guys, i travelled to my home country for six weeks in AP and came back with out any problem in JFK .this is the second time i traveled this year in the beginning i traveled when my vawa was pending the second time i traveled after my vawa was approved.

i was undocumented (ewi).

so if anyone wants to travel if you don’t have any other removal issue or anything you can travel without 

5 hours ago, Dharmaraj said:

Hi guys, i travelled to my home country for six weeks in AP and came back with out any problem in JFK .this is the second time i traveled this year in the beginning i traveled when my vawa was pending the second time i traveled after my vawa was approved.

so if anyone wants to travel if you don’t have any other removal issue or anything you can travel without fear.

Do u still have a valid visa?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 11/28/2018 at 11:13 AM, nka said:

Hello All,

My Vawa I-360 filed dated August 31, 2016 is still pending. I only received the request to provide the police clearance back in October 2016 and have not received any update since then. My lawyer keep stating that there is a backlog with Vawa cases and that he just heard that somebody was called for an interview for a I-360 to the field office who filed a month before me (July 2016) with 2 weeks notice in advance. Is it really take this long? How rare is it to be called for an interview without filing I-485? Can the lawyer directly inquire and receive more information other than the case is pending? The only inquiries my lawyer made were with supervisor in the field office and was told to wait. We sent a letter to Vermont office requesting to provide an update 4 months ago but have not received any response back either. Thank you for any advice!

No worries, all is very slow...I filed on May 2017 at Vermont Center (the slowest to process), I just received I360 and I765 approvals on Oct 2018 I still have to wait for my I485 to get transfer for an interview that on my Info-pass the officer said is between 10 up to 21 months waiting timeline... Ask your lawyer for an Info-pass ASAP, I did request mine. I wish you prompt resolution, you are getting closer!

Timeline
34 minutes ago, Roms2017 said:

Awesome! I am processing my AP Travel Permit I-131 I wanted to know how safe it is to travel with it. Thanks, it makes me feel better to hear other experiences.

Timeline
6 hours ago, Dharmaraj said:

so if anyone wants to travel if you don’t have any other removal issue or anything you can travel without fear.

Awesome! I am processing my AP Travel Permit I-131 I wanted to know how safe it is to travel with it. Thanks, it makes me feel better to hear other experiences.

How did you get 6 weeks? I am trying to process mine for 14 days only according to my lawyer.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

This thread has grown rather large, so it's being closed.  The continuation thread is here:

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/691349-vawa-part-12/

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.