2,949 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, NiceGuyXLE said:

Today i received notification for RFE, its been 3 months since they have my application, nervous about what they will ask...

When i will get the mail, i will share with you also

Initial RFE’s are typically for good moral character or good faith marriage or shared residence, more general documents that are still needed.

Filed: IR-4 Country: Norway
Timeline
54 minutes ago, iwillsurvive said:

Initial RFE’s are typically for good moral character or good faith marriage or shared residence, more general documents that are still needed.

I sent you a message @iwillsurvive pls check your mail 

On 11/29/2018 at 3:27 AM, Military said:

Fuuny enough these are my updated on both accounts: USCIS ==> 

Document Was Mailed To Me

On February 21, 2017, we mailed your document for Receipt Number MSC**********

While on DHS 

November 28, 2018

Case Was Approved

On November 28, 2018, we approved your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number MSC********. We will mail your approval notice. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.
Current as of today at 6:21 a.m

So as you can see guys having both accounts made my life much easier. 

1Capture.PNG

Congratulations Military

Recent approval still stands at July 2017, while cases out of processing period is speedily moving to April, 2017. It's seems they want to clear the backlogged application before moving forward with final approval. It's now slow but could be faster later. It's unfortunate people in humanitarian need like vawa have to wait longer like this. It's really dehumanizing! I pray it's worth the wait. Any recent approval in August? Thank you

Filed: Other Country: Gambia
Timeline
2 hours ago, xoxox said:

Hi Everyone 

How long it takes to receive biometrics appointment after filing i765 ? 

Should start Calculate it from the date which USCIS received the case or receipt notice date ? Thanks .

As for me,my receipt date was august 30th,notice date was sept 12,biometrics notice september 15,to be done on october 5th since then i haven’t heard anything today marks 3 months waiting for EAD😪😪hope this timeline helps you out.

3 hours ago, xoxox said:

Hi Everyone 

How long it takes to receive biometrics appointment after filing i765 ? 

Should start Calculate it from the date which USCIS received the case or receipt notice date ? Thanks .

There is no set timeline for biometrics but most of the time you will get the letter 1-2 months after you receive the receipt notices (notice date).

You always count processing times from the receipt date (earlier date).

I-360 currently takes 16-21 months. 

I-765 currently takes 2-5 months. 

On 11/30/2018 at 8:25 AM, sandranj said:

RFE to prove abuse or bonafide marriage is not mandatory,the immigration officer issues if he/she wants,that being said when you have Your psychological evaluation done then submit to USCIS.

Hello Mrs.sandranj, I hope you are well,
Please correct me if I'm wrong:
I understood that the new RFE regulations would only apply to cases filed after September 11, 2018; monoxidelullaby Vawa file in August 2018 so I understand the new practice (regulation) of RFE emission should not affect monoxidelullaby , so it should be expected that USCIS issue RFE in case they understand that they need more evidence of good marriage faith or abuse.
I think your clarification is very important so I appreciate your attention to this matter.
Thank you.

On 11/29/2018 at 8:46 PM, sandranj said:

WEAK case is when you don't have documents to prove bonafide marriage and/or abuse. if you don't have a police report or a restraining order, or a psychological evaluation then your case is weak, how can you prove abuse without one of the documents that I  mentioned above? 

@sandranj hi please i sent you a private message but i have no problems stating it out here..i received an rfe for good faith marriage and residence. The problem is that my spouse had a terrible criminal record that prevented us from having joint documents..i mean on several occassions we tried different banks to open up joint accounts but they wouldn't accept him. Even cable companies sidetracked him they all preffered to deal with me..he hid his records from me i got to find out after he was locked up again for possession of controlled substance. We have a lease with both our names on but my signature and my lanlords only..again i was the preffered one..USCIS accepted the lease but noted that my spouse signature isn't on the lease but it could only be one of ours anyway..as in either mine or him together with my lanlord but i have always been the preffered one even without ssn or valid documents because i have no criminal records whatsover! My question is this..HOW DO I PROVE GOOD FAITH AND RESIDENCE WHEN WE BARELY HAD JOINT DOCUMENTS TOGETHER? .....EVERYONE IS WELCOME TO HELP ME OUT PLEASE🙏 SHARING IS CARING!❤ I THANK EVERYONE HERE..TBONE, SANDRA, I WILL SURVIVE, CZZR, AQUILLA, DAMARA, BEBETHO, AND YOU YES YOU 😘 GODBLESS YOU ALL😇

Edited by Favoured Queen👑

37 minutes ago, Favoured Queen👑 said:

@sandranj hi please i sent you a private message but i have no problems stating it out here..i received an rfe for good faith marriage and residence. The problem is that my spouse had a terrible criminal record that prevented us from having joint documents..i mean on several occassions we tried different banks to open up joint accounts but they wouldn't accept him. Even cable companies sidetracked him they all preffered to deal with me..he hid his records from me i got to find out after he was locked up again for possession of controlled substance. We have a lease with both our names on but my signature and my lanlords only..again i was the preffered one..USCIS accepted the lease but noted that my spouse signature isn't on the lease but it could only be one of ours anyway..as in either mine or him together with my lanlord but i have always been the preffered one even without ssn or valid documents because i have no criminal records whatsover! My question is this..HOW DO I PROVE GOOD FAITH AND RESIDENCE WHEN WE BARELY HAD JOINT DOCUMENTS TOGETHER? .....EVERYONE IS WELCOME TO HELP ME OUT PLEASE🙏 SHARING IS CARING!❤ I THANK EVERYONE HERE..TBONE, SANDRA, I WILL SURVIVE, CZZR, AQUILLA, DAMARA, BEBETHO, AND YOU YES YOU 😘 GODBLESS YOU ALL😇

I had  the same rfe before my case got approved, I had to rewrite my affidavit (16pages)about our relationship and explained why we couldn't do those things together, i submitted my spouse criminal  that prevented from doing some things. My lease was rejected because they were not sure we both signed it, and we didn't have utility bill, so I went to get a letter from the apartment. You should write affidavit explaining why you couldn't do things together and attach proof, you can also ask your Landlord to give you a letter if they knew you and your spouse lived there as husband and wife.

Edited by Ilo

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.