2,949 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-4 Country: Norway
Timeline
6 hours ago, Jan88 said:

Hi everyone

I am new here. I have been divorced from my ex-husband for half a year. A few days after we got married, because of the quarrel, he made a divorce. We haven't had time to move in and live together. But we have a baby for 9 months.He still had mental abuse to me for a long time. I have a report from a psychiatrist. Can I apply for VAWA if there is no proof of living together?

Thank you !

Sorry to hear that but I wanna ask you if you have any joint things together...what other things does you guys have together I mean like joint account or insurance or is it only just marriage certificate you have ...and how many months were you married for before breaking up...

Hi everyone. @iwillsurvive @sandra

I'm planning to send my package nextweek, the i360, i485 and the i765 together. But my BIG question is this; my lawyer want to send the 485 and the 765 to Chicago and send the 360 to vermont. I followed this thread alot and it seems people do send everything to vermont instead of him splitting my packages .

People with experience should pls help me.  I don't want a delayed application .

Thanks

6 hours ago, Hopemama said:

@Hanna Buias I remembered, you once mentioned about asking the ombusman to represent us to contact with VSC. Will we only contact ombusman after our case fall outside normal processing time? Can they ask if our case is still in normal timeframe? How to write to them? And how can you find the ombusman?

You only contact the ombudsman man after you are already out of processing times and after you contacted your senator or congressman, made in infopass etc. 

the ombudsman form asks you to submit proof that you went through all these steps already as the ombudsman is supposed to be your last resort after you have tried every other step possible. 

13 minutes ago, Asherolu said:

Hi everyone. @iwillsurvive @sandra

I'm planning to send my package nextweek, the i360, i485 and the i765 together. But my BIG question is this; my lawyer want to send the 485 and the 765 to Chicago and send the 360 to vermont. I followed this thread alot and it seems people do send everything to vermont instead of him splitting my packages .

People with experience should pls help me.  I don't want a delayed application .

Thanks

Sounds like your attorney has no idea about VAWA. Everything needs to be sent to VSC as they are responsible for everything a VAWA petitioner files. 

I suggest you look for a new attorney if you feel like this one is not the best representation for your case. You need someone that is experienced with VAWA.

25 minutes ago, iwillsurvive said:

Sounds like your attorney has no idea about VAWA. Everything needs to be sent to VSC as they are responsible for everything a VAWA petitioner files. 

I suggest you look for a new attorney if you feel like this one is not the best representation for your case. You need someone that is experienced with VAWA.

I will have to tell him  to send everything to VSC, because right now he handles my divorce case and pls help me with any links to send to him to read more about VAWA . Thanks

12 minutes ago, Asherolu said:

I will have to tell him  to send everything to VSC, because right now he handles my divorce case and pls help me with any links to send to him to read more about VAWA . Thanks

Sounds like he is a family law attorney then, not an immigration attorney. 

Are you sure he prepared your VAWA petition correctly and with all the evidence needed?? This is concerning. USCIS does not send RFE’s anymore for newly filed cases, so you have to be confident that you have everything that’s needed. 

8 minutes ago, Aburi2018 said:

Hi all,I received an email this morning that said we have taken action on your case.I logged on to uscis website and It said we have ordered your new card and from this forum I learned this means my vawa is approved.I am so happy already.Filed vawa June 29 17

E50389DE-98CF-44AE-ACFF-DE59CFA25112.jpeg

It didn’t say C31 though it just said new card is being produced

1 hour ago, iwillsurvive said:

You only contact the ombudsman man after you are already out of processing times and after you contacted your senator or congressman, made in infopass etc. 

I live in California and I try to make infopass appointment online. And uscis website only sent me an email that I must write to VSC inquiry my case. They cannot provide any info(?!!!). I don't know if that's true or I used wrong link to make appointment.

Regarding senator/congressman, will the rule "out of normal processing" applied too? 

Edited by Hopemama

4 minutes ago, Hopemama said:

Congratulations. It seems like you are the earliest filer on Vj with reciept date in July hearing news. And that's is a good news

I am so happy for you

@Hopemama thanks a lot.A big shout out to @sandra @iwillsurvive and to everyone in this forum for all the support towards each other.I pray that we all receive good news.

filed vawa June 29 2017

received date July 6 2017

received 3 prima facies

work permit expired on October 5th 2018 and renewal was sent back because of no fee waiver.Included fee waiver and sent it back and just received receipt notice for EAD 2 days ago.

Card under Vawa being produced on November 16.

No RFE

31 minutes ago, Hopemama said:

I live in California and I try to make infopass appointment online. And uscis website only sent me an email that I must write to VSC inquiry my case. They cannot provide any info(?!!!). I don't know if that's true or I used wrong link to make appointment.

Regarding senator/congressman, will the rule "out of normal processing" applied too? 

Well there is no need to inquire if you are still within processing times because all that USCIS will tell you is exactly that. 

You are currently considered outside of normal processing times for I-360 if you filed on or before March 15, 2017. 

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

Steps you can take (after being outside of normal processing times) in below order:

-InfoPass appointment

-Online inquiry

-Write a letter to VSC

-Inquire with your congressman

-Inquire with your senator

-Inquire with the ombudsman

(If you filed I-360 after March 15, 2017 you are considered within normal processing times and that is all the information anyone will get from USCIS about your VAWA case)

1 hour ago, Aburi2018 said:

@Hopemama thanks a lot.A big shout out to @sandra @iwillsurvive and to everyone in this forum for all the support towards each other.I pray that we all receive good news.

filed vawa June 29 2017

received 3 prima facies

work permit expired on October 5th 2018 and renewal was sent back because of no fee waiver.Included fee waiver and sent it back and just received receipt notice for EAD 2 days ago.

No RFE

Congrats!

2 hours ago, Aburi2018 said:

filed vawa June 29 2017

received 3 prima facies

No RFE

I'm so tired of waiting on my own case. 

I filled on June 06th 2017

Notice of action June 12th 

Then: nothing.

It could only show at anytime I checked my case that my fees were waived.

September 19th 2018: RFE for good moral character. ( so it took USCIS 15th months to touch my file😓)

November 4th: rfe  answered.

Novenber 9th: rfe received by USCIS. 

Crossing my fingers... the wait is paralizing.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
4 hours ago, Asherolu said:

if your attorney has no clue where to submit the VAWA application then you are screwed with this attorney. USCIS will not issue more RFE if the person or attorney forgot to mail mandatory documents along with the I-360. You should hire an immigration attorney  with experience in VAWA cases and not a family attorney .

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.