Lyn2018

July 2018 Filers of I-130 petition for Parents of US Citizen

101 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Zinacef said:

Hi,

Credit card amount was already debited, and we already received the NOA but no word from them re: insufficient documentation.  Guess I should wait on that before filing the I-485 & I-131?

Can you pay the I130 fee with a Credit Card? I though you only can pay with check or money order. is this correct?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

hi,

1- My name is usman, i am going to attend my oath ceremony of citizenship in august 21,2018. After that i will apply for my mother to bring her in USA. My question is that i have to fill up  I-130 form only or i have to fill up G-1145 form with I-130?.

2 -Secondly My father is expired, so i have to put my both mother and father information? or just to put my mother information because my mother is only the beneficiary.

3- Thirdly on my Id card my father name is TABASSAM RASHID BHATTI and on my mother Id card and passport(pakistani) my father name is mentioned as TABASSAM RASHID CHAUDHRY, so which name should i use in parents section of I-130 form?

4-what are the supporting documents do  i need to send with I-130 form?

Please advise..

thanx

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, usman104 said:

hi,

1- My name is usman, i am going to attend my oath ceremony of citizenship in august 21,2018. After that i will apply for my mother to bring her in USA. My question is that i have to fill up  I-130 form only or i have to fill up G-1145 form with I-130?.

2 -Secondly My father is expired, so i have to put my both mother and father information? or just to put my mother information because my mother is only the beneficiary.

3- Thirdly on my Id card my father name is TABASSAM RASHID BHATTI and on my mother Id card and passport(pakistani) my father name is mentioned as TABASSAM RASHID CHAUDHRY, so which name should i use in parents section of I-130 form?

4-what are the supporting documents do  i need to send with I-130 form?

Please advise..

thanx

Hello Usman:

Congratulations on your path to citizenship. Also, best wishes for bringing your mother to live with you. 

I will try to advise as much as I can based on the information I gathered from my research but however my situation is different since my parents are here on a tourist visa already and I filed I-130/I-485 concurrently.

Your case falls under "Consular Processing".  Read the process outlined in the official USCIS website - https://www.uscis.gov/greencard/consular-processing

1) G-1145 is a form asking USCIS to notify you on your case updates via text and/or email. This form is not mandatory but it makes sense to send this form so that you get instantly notified on your case progress.

2) I-130 form is for a single beneficiary only. You will need to file as many I-130 forms as the persons you are sponsoring. In your case it is just your mother, so you would file just one I-130. In the form, Part 2 - Items 24a through 35 seek information of your parents, and in Part 4 - Items 17 through 44 seek information about beneficiary's (your mother) marriage and family members. So it is empirical that you would need to input your father's information (full name, date of birth, place and country of birth)

3) Use the name that is on your parents' marriage certificate and your Mom's passport and your Dad's death certificate. I don't understand what an ID card is but if you have your birth certificate from your local union council/municipal corporation/NADRA which has a your father's name incorrect you can approach them for a correction, in case USCIS asks for clarification.

4) See the instructions on how to file I-130 here. https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-130instr.pdf    (specifically Page 6 - Section 3 - line B and Page 7 - line F). Filing fee (Page 9 - "What is the filing fee?" section $535 as of August 2018)

Note: Do not rely completely on online blogs or posts on how to fill and file applications. You can seek advice here but it's always better to refer to instructions on official USCIS website for current information.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
17 hours ago, July-I130 said:

Hello Usman:

Congratulations on your path to citizenship. Also, best wishes for bringing your mother to live with you. 

I will try to advise as much as I can based on the information I gathered from my research but however my situation is different since my parents are here on a tourist visa already and I filed I-130/I-485 concurrently.

Your case falls under "Consular Processing".  Read the process outlined in the official USCIS website - https://www.uscis.gov/greencard/consular-processing

1) G-1145 is a form asking USCIS to notify you on your case updates via text and/or email. This form is not mandatory but it makes sense to send this form so that you get instantly notified on your case progress.

2) I-130 form is for a single beneficiary only. You will need to file as many I-130 forms as the persons you are sponsoring. In your case it is just your mother, so you would file just one I-130. In the form, Part 2 - Items 24a through 35 seek information of your parents, and in Part 4 - Items 17 through 44 seek information about beneficiary's (your mother) marriage and family members. So it is empirical that you would need to input your father's information (full name, date of birth, place and country of birth)

3) Use the name that is on your parents' marriage certificate and your Mom's passport and your Dad's death certificate. I don't understand what an ID card is but if you have your birth certificate from your local union council/municipal corporation/NADRA which has a your father's name incorrect you can approach them for a correction, in case USCIS asks for clarification.

4) See the instructions on how to file I-130 here. https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-130instr.pdf    (specifically Page 6 - Section 3 - line B and Page 7 - line F). Filing fee (Page 9 - "What is the filing fee?" section $535 as of August 2018)

Note: Do not rely completely on online blogs or posts on how to fill and file applications. You can seek advice here but it's always better to refer to instructions on official USCIS website for current information.

hi,

Thanx for the information.

1-I have some other questions. Under beneficiary marital information section i have selected widowed option, so i still have to provide the names of beneficiary spouse information? and what date should i enter in the date  marriage ended? 

2-Under employment history of petitioner there are only 2 employer option what can i do here?

3- If the fields are not related then should i leave it blank or put NA?

4- And under "Information about beneficiary family" i have to provide my sisters information including me or  just sisters information ?

thanx  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline
On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 11:00 AM, July-I130 said:

Hi @chiblosom, I would guess that the delay was due to the supporting material you sent. They were probably working on sending this back to you first and then send you the NOA1. I'd wait another week before calling the USCIS number.

thanks for your advice, I checked my mail the next day and a letter indicating the PD and notification of form. I was required to verify my husband's DOB "if required" by calling a number provided. I didn't reply or call the number as his DOB was correct. My question now is, am I right by not replying or calling them, and do I need to call soon? Also, my letter doesn't tell me whether my form was sent to Texas or California how long do I have to wait for that?

Timeline
On ‎8‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 10:17 PM, July-I130 said:

Hello Usman:

Hi July I130, I heard form G1145 is no longer used but rather I130A form. Be sure to search on USCIS website

Timeline
1 hour ago, chiblosom said:

thanks for your advice, I checked my mail the next day and a letter indicating the PD and notification of form. I was required to verify my husband's DOB "if required" by calling a number provided. I didn't reply or call the number as his DOB was correct. My question now is, am I right by not replying or calling them, and do I need to call soon? Also, my letter doesn't tell me whether my form was sent to Texas or California how long do I have to wait for that?

I would just call and confirm the DOB.

"Also, my letter doesn't tell me whether my form was sent to Texas or California how long do I have to wait for that?" - depends on the first 3 characters of your receipt number.

Timeline
54 minutes ago, chiblosom said:

Hi July I130, I heard form G1145 is no longer used but rather I130A form. Be sure to search on USCIS website

G1145 and I130A are separate forms and not related. I130A is supplemental information for spouse beneficiary. G1145 is for case acceptance electronic notification.

Timeline
On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 3:35 PM, July-I130 said:

I would just call and confirm the DOB.

"Also, my letter doesn't tell me whether my form was sent to Texas or California how long do I have to wait for that?" - depends on the first 3 characters of your receipt number.

Thanks, I called them and confirmed the DOB.  Am guessing the next time I would hear from them is in 6 months

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I sent my Moms package on Friday August 10,2018. Here is my timeline.

August 10: Mailed documents and check to Phoenix .

August 13: Tracking said delivered.

August. 17: received text messages and emails with receipt numbers starting with LIN Nebraska Service center 

August. 24: Received NOA

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.