Lyn2018

July 2018 Filers of I-130 petition for Parents of US Citizen

101 posts in this topic

Hello! I noticed there was not a forum for July 2018 filers so I created one. Here is my current timeline:

June 29: mailed documents and check to Chicago lockbox

July 2nd: tracking said delivered

July 5th: Received text and email notification from USCIS - case routed to TSC for processing.

Received first notice in the mail a few days later. My priority date is July 2, 2018

Good luck everyone!

Edited by Lyn2018

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello! 

(Thanks to @Lyn2018 for creating this forum).

I am applying GC for parents currently in the U.S. on B2 visa. Did a concurrent filing of I-130, I-485 and I-131. Here is my timeline:

July 14: mailed documents, check to Chicago lockbox (USPS)

July 16: mail delivered - Priority Date

July 22: received text messages and emails with receipt numbers starting with MSC (National benefits center)

All the best!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline

Hi everyone, I just sent mine in yesterday  July 23rd and hoping to hear something soon.

Priority date, July 25th.

My hopes are high and am praying immensely cos my approval means a lot. Will update y'all

Timeline
On 7/24/2018 at 8:57 AM, July-I130 said:

Hello! 

(Thanks to @Lyn2018 for creating this forum).

I am applying GC for parents currently in the U.S. on B2 visa. Did a concurrent filing of I-130, I-485 and I-131. Here is my timeline:

July 22: received text messages and emails with receipt numbers starting with MSC (National benefits center)

All the best!

July 26: received NOA1 in mail. PD noted as July 16th, notice date as July 20th. 

Our was filed on June 13th. Now we never received NOA1. my fiancee sent it through FedEx along with it is the money order for the k1 payment. We decided to call them. Guess what? They said that they might lost our packet. Even the courier shows that it was signed received. Anyone here knows what we can do now since it's their mistake. 

Timeline
4 hours ago, paviairish said:

Our was filed on June 13th. Now we never received NOA1. my fiancee sent it through FedEx along with it is the money order for the k1 payment. We decided to call them. Guess what? They said that they might lost our packet. Even the courier shows that it was signed received. Anyone here knows what we can do now since it's their mistake. 

Where did you mail it to?

P.S. This is a forum for parents of USC, so some answers might not apply to you.

New member here and happy I found this forum and fellow support group!

My wife and I filed an I-130 for her mother (my mother-in-law).  We're both US Citizens.

Timeline --

July 16th - sent documents (I-130) to address in Phoenix via FedEx.  After sending documents off, we realized we forgot to include copies of supporting documents so application may be delayed in some way.

July 17th - documents received, confirmed by tracking results.

July 26th - received NOA via mail.  Texas Service Center has the application.  Thought it would've gone to California as we live in AZ.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Zinacef said:

New member here and happy I found this forum and fellow support group!

My wife and I filed an I-130 for her mother (my mother-in-law).  We're both US Citizens.

Timeline --

July 16th - sent documents (I-130) to address in Phoenix via FedEx.  After sending documents off, we realized we forgot to include copies of supporting documents so application may be delayed in some way.

July 17th - documents received, confirmed by tracking results.

July 26th - received NOA via mail.  Texas Service Center has the application.  Thought it would've gone to California as we live in AZ.

Welcome and all the best!

Btw, is your mother-in-law in the United States? I ask because my parents are here and their documents were sent to National Benefits Center (we live in CA). Just trying to see how USCIS is routing the applications.

Just now, July-I130 said:

Welcome and all the best!

Btw, is your mother-in-law in the United States? I ask because my parents are here and their documents were sent to National Benefits Center (we live in CA). Just trying to see how USCIS is routing the applications.

Thanks for the well wishes and greetings!  Great to be here.

Yes, I forgot to mention, she is here living with us presently but on a tourist visa which happens to end some time in November.  Yikes, right!

To be honest, we weren't going to apply for her as this woman (83 years) was once very independent.  However, when she came here to visit, she unfortunately suffered two strokes and now cannot take care of herself or possibly return to her country of birth.  We simply had no choice but to apply for her.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline

Hi everyone, I got a mail today dated a day after my 130 form got to USCIS (July 26,18) which states "we are returning an item(a copy of my wedding ceremony DVD) you sent in support of your application/petition, as it is a format we cannot place in your file folder for review by an officer during the adjudication process. You may call 1800...... if you have an additional question". Am confused as to why I still haven't received a notification letter yet since they received it on the 25th of July. Does anyone think this would cause a delay in my petition??

Timeline
10 hours ago, chiblosom said:

Hi everyone, I got a mail today dated a day after my 130 form got to USCIS (July 26,18) which states "we are returning an item(a copy of my wedding ceremony DVD) you sent in support of your application/petition, as it is a format we cannot place in your file folder for review by an officer during the adjudication process. You may call 1800...... if you have an additional question". Am confused as to why I still haven't received a notification letter yet since they received it on the 25th of July. Does anyone think this would cause a delay in my petition??

Hi @chiblosom, I would guess that the delay was due to the supporting material you sent. They were probably working on sending this back to you first and then send you the NOA1. I'd wait another week before calling the USCIS number.

Timeline
On 7/26/2018 at 10:50 PM, July-I130 said:

July 26: received NOA1 in mail. PD noted as July 16th, notice date as July 20th. 

August 03: received biometrics appointment letter in mail. Appointment date August 14th

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.