Habibati & Habibi

what after getting the Green Card?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Hi vjs

I got this Friday a notification from DHS,gov that my case of AOS was approved and by this Wednesday I got a notice of approval by mail.

Again before writing this post I check my account on USCIS and it says that my Green card have been picked by USPS post and they gave me a tracking number after checking it shows expected delivery by Friday 20 July.

i am so happy and I wish every body the same. the only thing is what now? is there another steps to do ? do I have to stamp my passport somewhere?is the stamp on the passport mandatory? what about the social security card: mine is says authorized to work only with DHS authorization, so what shall I do now.?

I really need advice and thank you so much for the help.

----------------------------------------------

Diversity is the Spice of life and I add ; translation is the mother of all sciences.

Nothing is required until ROC (assuming your AOS was approved prior to the 2 year anniversary of your marriage).

No passport stamp is needed...your physical green card will arrive in the mail.

You are not required to update your Social Security card to remove that language, but it is suggested to do so prior to ROC.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Update ss card to remove language that you can only work with DHS work authorization (EAD). 

Read the now that you are legal permanent resident guide on USCIS.gov and know what you can and can't do (voting is a big no no and make sure you're not signed up to vote in the process of getting your green card). 

If male, verify you're registered with selective service so no issues come naturalization time (if in 18-26 age bracket when green card was approved). 

Start saving now for ROC and N-400 fees. Same for evidence for ROC - put a box on top of the fridge and drop papers that can be used as ROC evidence as they come in   

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

• 1 month later...
On 7/19/2018 at 4:53 AM, Habibati & Habibi said:

Hi vjs

I got this Friday a notification from DHS,gov that my case of AOS was approved and by this Wednesday I got a notice of approval by mail.

Again before writing this post I check my account on USCIS and it says that my Green card have been picked by USPS post and they gave me a tracking number after checking it shows expected delivery by Friday 20 July.

i am so happy and I wish every body the same. the only thing is what now? is there another steps to do ? do I have to stamp my passport somewhere?is the stamp on the passport mandatory? what about the social security card: mine is says authorized to work only with DHS authorization, so what shall I do now.?

I really need advice and thank you so much for the help.

Hi can you please help my girlfriend to get an algerian visa?

23 minutes ago, Ems cns said:

? Check in with Algerian embassy or something?

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

On 9/3/2018 at 4:54 AM, Ems cns said:

Salam, all the info is here:  http://www.algeria-cgny.org/visa/ It takes about two weeks to get the visa mailed back to you. Also, they are very nice on the phone, so you can try calling them during bussness hours. 

Delivered to applicants who want to visit Algeria for tourism.
Please allow at least 08 business days to process the application after we receive it at the Consulate General.
Application: Please submit the following:
 Hotel reservation, notarized invitation letter or travel agency invitation letter. Algerian host invitation letter can be notarized at the city hall in Algeria or at a notary public office if made by an Algerian living in the US. Algerian host must provide a copy of his Algerian ID, passport or consular card; 
 A copy of round trip flight ticket;
 Statement of financial resources or proof of income (pay stab, bank statement…); 
 Passport hard copy and a copy of the first page. The passport should be valid for at least six months;
 $160 money order, we accept ONLY USPS money orders; 
 Two (02) copies of application form (Download) . Please fill out the editable PDF application form on screen, print it and then date and hand sign it. On each copy, please glue a photo on the box reserved for it at the upper right side of the form. The photos should be US passport photos, 2 x 2 inches or 51 x 51 mm.
 You can apply in person, send your application through a visa services agency or mail it directly to the Consulate General. If you prefer to mail it directly, please provide a prepaid self-addressed return envelope (certified mail).

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
On 9/3/2018 at 5:54 AM, Ems cns said:

Hi can you please help my girlfriend to get an Algerian visa?

Hi, sorry for the long answer ,

I was a little busy

For the Algerian visa it is easy and quick, my wife actionally got and it was not a hassle for her

so what to do is submit the following documents:
 Invitation letter form n Algerian host  notarized at the city hall in Algeria (I can give you a copy if you want )
 A copy of round trip flight ticket;( ask your host to go to a travel agency and ask for a free confirmation of flight ticket they provide it for free but cancelled right after you leave agency)
employment letter
 Passport hard copy and a copy of the first page. The passport should be valid for at least six months;
 $160 money order, we accept ONLY USPS money orders; 
 Two (02) copies of application form (Download) . from the embassy website Please fill out the editable PDF application form on screen, print it and then date and hand sign it. On each copy, please glue a photo on the box reserved for it at the upper right side of the form. The photos should be US passport photos, 2 x 2 inches or 51 x 51 mm.
 You can apply in person, bit I advise you to send your application through UPS  directly to the Consulate General.

after six days you will have a visa stamped

then welcome to Algeria "Mon Amour"

Edited by Habibati & Habibi

----------------------------------------------

Diversity is the Spice of life and I add ; translation is the mother of all sciences.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.