1,212 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello every, 
Hope all of the delays you guys are facing get done asap and you guys unite with your loved ones, I had my interview on the 16th Jan 19 in islamabad, and everything went great in the interview, was not handed any kinds of paper, the CO said to me that my visa was approved and i shall get my passport within 1-2 weeks and everything looks great. Upon reading forums here , i have stumbled upon quite a few cases where they delay cases like that for no reason at all, my case has been in ap since the day of the interview and has been updated once but still in AP? 
do any of you guys have an idea why is that ? and do they actually delay cases for no reason at all ? i really want to be in the US for our first baby girls birth, it is expected to be born end of march. i really hope i can make it and im getting really anxious by the day, can any body please explain why is my case in AP when she clearly said approved and even told me the timeline. 

Thank you somuch in advance 

Hi, does any one out here waiting to schedule a buccal swab test for their families. My family was requested to get a swab test about a month and half ago and last month the DNA test kit has arrived at the embassy in islamabad. But so far they have not contacted us yet? We have written several emails, but they do not reply? Any one in the same situation, please respond. Many thanks 

Timeline
On 1/21/2019 at 12:53 PM, Hamza Sufi said:

Hello every, 
Hope all of the delays you guys are facing get done asap and you guys unite with your loved ones, I had my interview on the 16th Jan 19 in islamabad, and everything went great in the interview, was not handed any kinds of paper, the CO said to me that my visa was approved and i shall get my passport within 1-2 weeks and everything looks great. Upon reading forums here , i have stumbled upon quite a few cases where they delay cases like that for no reason at all, my case has been in ap since the day of the interview and has been updated once but still in AP? 
do any of you guys have an idea why is that ? and do they actually delay cases for no reason at all ? i really want to be in the US for our first baby girls birth, it is expected to be born end of march. i really hope i can make it and im getting really anxious by the day, can any body please explain why is my case in AP when she clearly said approved and even told me the timeline. 

Thank you somuch in advance 

That is normal. Usually, the status will be AP till it gets issued. Its not even been a week so just wait for another 1-2 weeks before getting worried.

Timeline
3 hours ago, msa1234 said:

That is normal. Usually, the status will be AP till it gets issued. Its not even been a week so just wait for another 1-2 weeks before getting worried.

Thank you so much it's a relief to know that 

Timeline
54 minutes ago, paki-guy said:

Keep checking your status on website. If you see frequent updates.....AP....Ready.....AP.........Ready...........in this week....then next good thing you see ......Issued on ........01/25/19 or before IA.

It has been updated two times , but so far what I've seen is only AP, no ready AP. But it has been updated two times so I guess that's good. I hope what ur saying comes true iA

Timeline

Hello and salaam guys,

Just wanted to let you all know that the status has been changed from ap to issued AH. Hope you guys get to see the same asap , you're always in my prayers and all of you were a great help. Thank you all 

52 minutes ago, Hamza Sufi said:

Hello and salaam guys,

Just wanted to let you all know that the status has been changed from ap to issued AH. Hope you guys get to see the same asap , you're always in my prayers and all of you were a great help. Thank you all 

Congratulations bro👍🏻 🎊🎉 InshaAllah remember us in your prayers😊

21 minutes ago, Hamza Sufi said:

Thank you brother, any updates on your case ? How many days has it been ? 

😛sister*👈🏻 My case is little different from you. My interview was on 15 jan they gave me 221 g for joint sponsor. I submit my documents now waiting for my visa hopefully visa issue in early feb inshaAllah inshaAllah 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, S y khan said:

😛sister*👈🏻 My case is little different from you. My interview was on 15 jan they gave me 221 g for joint sponsor. I submit my documents now waiting for my visa hopefully visa issue in early feb inshaAllah inshaAllah 

So sorry for misunderstanding , if the only flag was of joint sponsor, it should be resolved within sixty days inshAllah inshallah 

Hello guys, Hope you all are doing good and some will be happy to see the visa issued and some in the queue. May all the pending visas be issued soon.

I got interviewed on Jan 17th, 2019 and the interviewer asked me 6/7 questions and gave me this white paper with a tick mark on section 221 (g). She returned me everything and kept my passport and didn't ask me to submit anything and said that you cannot go with your wife rn but you will get your passport after 1 month (my wife also went with me). The status on my application changed to AP on 18th Jan and now it got updated on 23rd Jan but still, it's in AP.

Any idea how much time it will take and is it normal that they give you the white paper and don't ask to submit anything.

Please help--Thank you 

5 hours ago, Sciencedaan said:

Hello guys, Hope you all are doing good and some will be happy to see the visa issued and some in the queue. May all the pending visas be issued soon.

I got interviewed on Jan 17th, 2019 and the interviewer asked me 6/7 questions and gave me this white paper with a tick mark on section 221 (g). She returned me everything and kept my passport and didn't ask me to submit anything and said that you cannot go with your wife rn but you will get your passport after 1 month (my wife also went with me). The status on my application changed to AP on 18th Jan and now it got updated on 23rd Jan but still, it's in AP.

Any idea how much time it will take and is it normal that they give you the white paper and don't ask to submit anything.

Please help--Thank you 

Hi, did CO mark on Administrative process in 221g paper ,N why she said you that you cannot go with your wife , plus point is they kept your passport , inshaAllah you will get visa soon 👍🏻Best of luck.

2 minutes ago, S y khan said:

Hi, did CO mark on Administrative process in 221g paper ,N why she said you that you cannot go with your wife , plus point is they kept your passport , inshaAllah you will get visa soon 👍🏻Best of luck.

Yes, she marked on 221(g) and my wife went on 19th while my interview was on 17th, I think this is why she said you cannot go with your wife right now. Yes, they kept my passport and my case got updated yesterday too but its still AP. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.