13 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi everyone - am writing to get any insight or support you can give. Our Cr1 Interview for my husband was June 29th (Morocco), I was certain we had everything absolutely perfect...however the CO told my husband that they needed to verify our Marriage Certificate. We were married in the Seychelles because it a long and difficult process to get married in Morocco. The Seychelles is easy, visa free and a common place to elope for many Arab states. I think because it is a more "random" place, they want to make sure it is not a fraudulent marriage. 

The CO was very nice to my husband and said we have a very solid case otherwise, everything else is perfect, and that they would call us in 3 days. Right now our case is in administrative processing when I check the case number. 

As you can imagine we are waiting on pins and needles...so I am just writing to see if anyone has had a similar experience, or can provide any support or encouragement. 

Thanks so much. 

Nicole   

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

AP is common in Morocco and other MENA countries. It's hard to say how long the AP will take, but if the CO told your husband that he would hear from them in 3 days I'd make sure to follow up after that if it takes longer. 

Did they keep your husband's passport? 

If you are going through the visa process and will be interviewing in Casablanca, Morocco, join us over at the

US-Morocco Visa Discussion Facebook Group! :) 

K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

December 19, 2016: NOA1 receive date 

May 5, 2017: NOA2 hardcopy (still listed as 'received' online...)

May 23, 2017: NVC case number assigned

July 10, 2017: Interview
July 14, 2017: Visa in hand
July 27, 2017: POE at ORD

August 5, 2017: Married!

AOS Process    

Spoiler

AOS Process  

September 8, 2017 : Mailed AOS Packet

September 16, 2017 : NOA1 text/emails (receive date Sept. 12)

October 2, 2017 : Biometrics Appointment

October 13, 2017 : RFIE letter received in mail (they want an English translated Birth Certificate, which we included in the original petition...)

January 24, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in hand

August 9, 2018: AOS Interview (Approved)

August 9, 2018: "Card in Production"

August 16, 2018: Green card in hand

May 2020: ROC!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Keeping the passport and documents is a good sign! Hopefully they get back to you quickly. I think the consulate closes on July 4th for Independence Day, so that might slow things down a small bit. 

If you are going through the visa process and will be interviewing in Casablanca, Morocco, join us over at the

US-Morocco Visa Discussion Facebook Group! :) 

K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

December 19, 2016: NOA1 receive date 

May 5, 2017: NOA2 hardcopy (still listed as 'received' online...)

May 23, 2017: NVC case number assigned

July 10, 2017: Interview
July 14, 2017: Visa in hand
July 27, 2017: POE at ORD

August 5, 2017: Married!

AOS Process    

Spoiler

AOS Process  

September 8, 2017 : Mailed AOS Packet

September 16, 2017 : NOA1 text/emails (receive date Sept. 12)

October 2, 2017 : Biometrics Appointment

October 13, 2017 : RFIE letter received in mail (they want an English translated Birth Certificate, which we included in the original petition...)

January 24, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in hand

August 9, 2018: AOS Interview (Approved)

August 9, 2018: "Card in Production"

August 16, 2018: Green card in hand

May 2020: ROC!

Timeline
16 minutes ago, NicoleAboulanouar said:

Yes! They kept my husbands passport and our Marriage certificate. And good to know I will email them in a few days to follow up. 

Wow I was checking out your timeline and it took pretty much exactly one year from your NOA1 to the interview. That's good to know, my husband is also from Morocco and its only been about 40 days since I submitted the I-130:unsure:. So we have quite a ways to go:clock:. Good luck to you and your husband, sounds like he may be coming to USA soon!

Marriage :

2018-04-19

I-130 Sent :

2018-05-18

I-130 NOA1 :

2018-05-22

I-130 Approved :

2018-11-28

NVC Received :

2019-01-03

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill :

2019-02-20

Pay AOS Bill :

2019-02-20

Send AOS Package :

2019-03-05

Receive IV Bill :

2019-02-20

Pay IV Bill :

2019-02-20

Send IV Package :

2019-03-05

Case Completed:                      

Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter :

Interview :

2019-03-15

2019-04-11

2019-05-21

APPROVED

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

The AP time will depend on how fast  Seychelles gets the info back to casa embassy

they allowed 3 days but can be much longer

lets hope the time frame for u is short and outcome is good

incha allah 

any problems

message me

Timeline
58 minutes ago, PersaisX said:

Wow I was checking out your timeline and it took pretty much exactly one year from your NOA1 to the interview. That's good to know, my husband is also from Morocco and its only been about 40 days since I submitted the I-130:unsure:. So we have quite a ways to go:clock:. Good luck to you and your husband, sounds like he may be coming to USA soon!

Yes! Almost a year exactly. We are hoping it wont be much longer. Feel free to message me is you have any questions! I've learned SO MUCH...we hired a lawyer, but I don't think it was worth it and didn't make anything faster, I can be so detail oriented that I learned the details of everything myself! My advice would be to get everything ready for your next steps at the NVC stage so that you can submit you packet immediately...I think that slowed things down for us a lot. 

34 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

The AP time will depend on how fast  Seychelles gets the info back to casa embassy

they allowed 3 days but can be much longer

lets hope the time frame for u is short and outcome is good

incha allah 

any problems

message me

Yes...and I think they work on Island time! Thanks so much and I will let you know <3 

Timeline
On 7/2/2018 at 1:54 PM, NicoleAboulanouar said:

Hi everyone - am writing to get any insight or support you can give. Our Cr1 Interview for my husband was June 29th (Morocco), I was certain we had everything absolutely perfect...however the CO told my husband that they needed to verify our Marriage Certificate. We were married in the Seychelles because it a long and difficult process to get married in Morocco. The Seychelles is easy, visa free and a common place to elope for many Arab states. I think because it is a more "random" place, they want to make sure it is not a fraudulent marriage. 

The CO was very nice to my husband and said we have a very solid case otherwise, everything else is perfect, and that they would call us in 3 days. Right now our case is in administrative processing when I check the case number. 

As you can imagine we are waiting on pins and needles...so I am just writing to see if anyone has had a similar experience, or can provide any support or encouragement. 

Thanks so much. 

Nicole   

You are not the only one. I just checked the visa status online and it said Administrative processing. My husband just got approved at his interview today. I'm not worried. I know it'll be done sooner than expected. Patience is our friend, u know.:)

Timeline
18 hours ago, TheAkazs said:

You are not the only one. I just checked the visa status online and it said Administrative processing. My husband just got approved at his interview today. I'm not worried. I know it'll be done sooner than expected. Patience is our friend, u know.:)

Update:

I just checked on the visa status today. It says ISSUED. Out of AP after the day of interview! Like I said, don't sweat it too much. Just be patient and know it will go fine. Alhamdulillah!

• 1 month later...
Timeline

hello everyone,

My husband and I submitted our final documents a week and a few days ago. We had an email saying that they would schedule the interview. 

my question, if I may, is : how long does it take for them to schedule the interview? I have read that i should allow up to three weeks but I would like to know from someone who has been through a similar process.

PS. sorry if this is not where i am supposed to ask. I failed to find forums or similar topics on Casablanca Consulate. Please if you know of any, i would be grateful. 

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Just wanted to update this thread - after 66 days of administrative review our visa was issued. The AP process was painful but we are over the moon it has been resolved.  

• 1 month later...
Timeline
On 9/5/2018 at 9:43 PM, NicoleAboulanouar said:

Just wanted to update this thread - after 66 days of administrative review our visa was issued. The AP process was painful but we are over the moon it has been resolved.  

congratulations!!! I got my interview scheduled for Nov 9. so nervous!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.