dwheels76

NVC Filers - July 2018

2,281 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Abies said:

Yea.. I remember now 

Getting a late October interview date depends on how busy your local embassy is. 

I tried to review the timeline of people who did their interview in Senegal. I noticed since 2017 all of them had their interview 4 months (+/- 15 days) after sending their package. The cc could happen 15 days or 2 months after but the interview was always 4 months after . That's how I calculated the best time to send our documents. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline
5 minutes ago, patienceiskey said:

At the embassy interview - does the officer require the ORIGINAL AOS form sent to NVC?  Or will a copy be okay?

It's asked to bring the original. 

Read this:  https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/interview/interview-prepare.html

13 minutes ago, Abies said:

Yea.. I remember now 

Getting a late October interview date depends on how busy your local embassy is. 

Abies my wife called NVC today and they told my wife is not yet 3weeks they ask her to call,so she ask them when she should call back they said next week,we are waiting for cc so we can get Aug ending interview or early September,I realize after you submit your aos and iv document and fee before nvc will review your case for completeness and it takes 60 days to review a case to get cc I pray we get interview end of this month or first week of august. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline
2 hours ago, ham_hippie said:

In the guide it states:

"The NVC is no longer asking for photos to be sent with your package, but they are required at the interview."

Is this still true? Thank you!

Seeing many here talking about sending photos, screenshots of chats etc..my lawyer said NVC does not require them but they do at the day of your  interview 

MY JOURNEY INTO GETTING A FIRST-TIME GREEN CARD, RENEWING A GREEN CARD, AND OBTAINING U.S. CITIZENSHIP:

I-130: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2020/08/23/my-spouse-visa-process-and-timeline-ir1-cr1/ From Colombia 🇨🇴

I-751: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2020/09/12/i-751-joint-petition-to-remove-conditions-on-residence/From Japan 🇯🇵 (Military spouse overseas)

N-400: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2022/08/03/3430/ From Japan 🇯🇵 

BLOG:  https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/inmigr/   

On 7/13/2018 at 1:57 PM, Saaniya said:

They must have just entered in the system .. give it some time for ur case to become active.  All the best

Thank you, yeah, I just needed to wait. It was available the next day. 

On 7/13/2018 at 2:14 PM, Abies said:

Good luck on this(fastest)part of the journey.

Thank you. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hi all,

I'm working on filling my DS-260. I find the last questions regarding children and spouse in Family Information very confusing. Hopefully somebody could help shed some light. 

My case: Both child and husband are USCs. We currently live overseas together, and will resettle back to the US altogether. Therefore, my child and husband aren't defined as "immigrants" and technically speaking, they won't migrate to the US with me. They just return home. 

So, how should I answer these questions?

1. Is the child immigrating to the U.S with you?

2. Is your spouse immigrating to the U.S with you?

I tried selecting "No", then the only option left is "Is the child/spouse immigrating at a later date to join you", which isn't correct for our situation, either!

Thanks a lot,

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Just called the NVC, was told my Case was received on July 12th 2018. In 2 weeks I'll call back to try get invoice number, spoke to a not so nice agent.

Edited by Ywjammin30

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
6 hours ago, Kanene said:

Abies my wife called NVC today and they told my wife is not yet 3weeks they ask her to call,so she ask them when she should call back they said next week,we are waiting for cc so we can get Aug ending interview or early September,I realize after you submit your aos and iv document and fee before nvc will review your case for completeness and it takes 60 days to review a case to get cc I pray we get interview end of this month or first week of august. 

When did nvc receive your package?

Timeline
2 hours ago, h.linds said:

Hi all,

I'm working on filling my DS-260. I find the last questions regarding children and spouse in Family Information very confusing. Hopefully somebody could help shed some light. 

My case: Both child and husband are USCs. We currently live overseas together, and will resettle back to the US altogether. Therefore, my child and husband aren't defined as "immigrants" and technically speaking, they won't migrate to the US with me. They just return home. 

So, how should I answer these questions?

1. Is the child immigrating to the U.S with you?

2. Is your spouse immigrating to the U.S with you?

I tried selecting "No", then the only option left is "Is the child/spouse immigrating at a later date to join you", which isn't correct for our situation, either!

Thanks a lot,

No to both answers since you are the only one immigrating

Timeline
6 hours ago, IF-Mclean said:

I tried to review the timeline of people who did their interview in Senegal. I noticed since 2017 all of them had their interview 4 months (+/- 15 days) after sending their package. The cc could happen 15 days or 2 months after but the interview was always 4 months after . That's how I calculated the best time to send our documents. 

Ok.. seems your embassy is slow at scheduling interviews unlike Nigeria

Timeline
6 hours ago, bok05 said:

after the status change to paid the ds260 will be automatically accessible?i already check the status it say’s in process 

Yea. It will take 3- 4business days to show PAID then ds260 will become accessible 

4 hours ago, valentinasc said:

Seeing many here talking about sending photos, screenshots of chats etc..my lawyer said NVC does not require them but they do at the day of your  interview 

We sent pictures with our NVC package.. It's all up to you

Edited by Abies

Timeline
2 hours ago, Jesse/Chinie said:

Mines 13th right behind you B-)

still saying to submit documents though is that normal at this point?

Yes.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Ywjammin30 said:

Just called the NVC, was told my Case was received on July 12th 2018. In 2 weeks I'll call back to try get invoice number, spoke to a not so nice agent.

Jamaica is  non pivot and it takes non pivot cases 9-10weeks to get their welcome letter.

After 8weeks,you call and an agent will escalate your case to a supervisor to assign a case/Invoice number which will take another one to two weeks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.