9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

I submitted my application for my Venezuelan fiancee on April 25. We were together for a week in late February in the Dominican Republic and will be together for 18 days in Punts Cana beginning next week. There are no red flags and nothing "weird" about our case. Is there any way for me to have an approximation, either from USCIS or anyone on here, about how long we can expect it to take before she and her 12 year old son have their visa? I really enjoy the site and there is so much great information on here and many of my anxieties have been allayed, so thank you.  (:

K1 can take anywhere from 8 to 12 months. 

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Scott Rusticus said:

I submitted my application for my Venezuelan fiancee on April 25. We were together for a week in late February in the Dominican Republic and will be together for 18 days in Punts Cana beginning next week. There are no red flags and nothing "weird" about our case. Is there any way for me to have an approximation, either from USCIS or anyone on here, about how long we can expect it to take before she and her 12 year old son have their visa? I really enjoy the site and there is so much great information on here and many of my anxieties have been allayed, so thank you.  (:

About 7 months for petition to get approved. 1 month for NVC till reaches Embassy and then it usually depends on the embassy but it’s about 2 months on average.

right now k1 takes 8 to 11 months on average.

congrats.

Edited by Naes

Timeline

Forgive me for asking this, but what is AoS and RoC? If the Visa was approved 01.04.14, when did they get to the U.S.?

3 minutes ago, Naes said:

About 7 months for petition to get approved. 1 month for NVC till reaches Embassy and then it usually depends on the embassy but it’s about 2 months on average.

right now k1 takes 8 to 11 months on average.

congrats.

Thank you very much! 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Scott Rusticus said:

Forgive me for asking this, but what is AoS and RoC? If the Visa was approved 01.04.14, when did they get to the U.S.?

Thank you very much! 

AOS is adjustment is status, roc is removal of conditions. I have no idea what you mean by the last question... who??

(oh you’re asking about @Roels signature I guess.)

Edited by Naes

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Per the VJ processing times page:  This is average.  There are other variables such as country which can affect time:

image.png.ea56e65ccf51a3b6b11ab53f001dcbe0.png

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
Just now, Naes said:

AOS is adjustment is status, roc is removal of conditions. I have no idea what you mean by the last question... who??

You gave those dates and said the visa was approved on 01.04.15, so I am wondering when that person whose visa was approved got to the U.S.?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
40 minutes ago, Scott Rusticus said:

You gave those dates and said the visa was approved on 01.04.15, so I am wondering when that person whose visa was approved got to the U.S.?

I think you misread. That was from @Roel signature line talking about their personal timeline several years ago. 

K1 / K2 Visa

Service Center: California Service Center

Consulate: Kyiv, Ukriane

I-129-F mailed to USCIS 2017-11-10

Case Status received (NOA1) by USCIS: 2017-11-14

Check cashed: 2017-11-17

Case Received Email Notification: 2017-11-17

Case status available on myUSCIS: 2017-11-20

NOA1 Hardcopy received by mail: 2017-11-24

NOA2 Approval (204 days): 2018-06-06

Approval status updated on  new website: 2018-06-08

-- no updates on old website, no text, no email --

NOA2 Hardcopy received by mail: 2018-06-12

NVC Case Number Generated (21 days since NOA2): 2018-06-27

Case Left NVC: 2018-07-10 (13 days at NVC)

Case Received by Embassy: 2018-07-12 (2 days travel time!)

Medical Exam: 2018-07-16

Interview: 2018-08-08 (Approved)

Entry: 2018-09-19 (Chicago POE)

Marriage: 2018-10-12

"New" Case Status website: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

"Old" Case Status website: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

5 hours ago, Scott Rusticus said:

Thank you very much! 

Lol I don't even see my signature when I use VJ on the phone..  

Anyway. You're doing k1 route which means you really need to read what AOS and ROC are. Those are parts of the process in which you receive green card... k1 alone doesn't grant you any kind of permanent residency or work permits. 

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.